Foreverwood (2)

Episode Reviews (38)

Superb

Great ending to a terrific show.

By xomelissxo, Aug 26, 2010

Everwood was not only one of the shows you looked foward to watching every week, it was also a show that taught me and so many others important life lessons concering friendship, love, hope, faith and even desire. This final episode to me was like taking all the things and expereinces the characters had during the entire seris and putting them all together. This made me laugh, cry and it also made me realize the value and importatnce of the people around me. Amy and Ephram were meant to be together, but in most cases it was Ephram putting his heart on the line for Amy. When Ephram told Amy he was still in love with her and she told him that she was overit , it really broke Ephram's heart yet he still admired from afar and trusted that if they weren't going to be together that friendship was the next best thing. At this point Ephram told Amy everything he was feeling and Amy was just deining that she was still in love with him. In this episode I think that the ferris wheel scence was perhaps one of the best moment of this whole seris. It was Amy finally taking a chance for love. Now she knew Ephram could very well tell her off after what she had done to him but she took that chance in the hope for something more. When Ephram said that he still loved Amy that was the moment you knew that there was nothing that would ever tear them apart again, and even though this was the final episode we can still imagen what would happen next. Andy and Nina's wedding, eventually Amy and Ephram's. The Abott's raising there new addition and who no's mabey down the line Hannnah and Bright getting back together again. Everwood though gone will always be rembered as the best telivison show that was ever and will be .moreless

Series Finale of Everwood, an excellent show! Will be missed :)

By Chanandler_Bong, Aug 26, 2010

One of my favourite episodes of one of my favourite shows. It couldn't have ended more perfectly in my opinion. It was so awesome how Bright told Hannah to go but in doing that made her realise she wanted to stay. Andy and Nina finally get engaged, YAY! Delia finally gets her horse and one of the sweetest moments/scenes ever: Amy's grand gesture, her telling Ephram she loves him and Ephram saying "I love you too, I knew it then, I know it now, I'll know it always, You're it Amy, You're my one". awwwwww, totally made me cry :) Wish the show didn't have to end but i'm glad it ended in the absolutely perfect way it did.moreless

Nina stays in Everwood&temporarily moves in with the Browns.Bright learns that Hannah's maybe going to Notre Dame and is not happy with it. Delia finally get her horse!Amy tells Stephanie that she plans to tell Ephram about her feelings for him.

By alguna, Aug 26, 2010

The best part was when Amy was talking to her mother about feelings for Ephram...

"He's not Ephram any more, he's Stephram, how can I just go to him now and tell him: Oh, you know, I still have feelings for you..." ;)

Bright and Hannah got used to the fact that they should be friends now, but I'm happy with this outcome... and Hannah going to A&M and not Notre Dame...

Amy and Ephram were very cute at the end...

All in all, I was very happy how it all ended(except the fact that Irv died)... but I still get the feeling that there is more to say.... that there's more material to shoot this show... and I'm very sorry that they didn't get the 5th season...moreless

Wow, that was real kitsch... But sooo amazing! :D

By diecaro, Jan 16, 2007

I've not seen a lot of Everwood, but I was bored, so I watched some episodes lately and I just watched the finale. Couldn't have been cornier, if you ask me... The scene when Andy goes to New York to say goodbye to his first wife: kitsch! Amy suddenly realizing Ephram's the one: kitsch! Hannah deciding to stay after Bright's kitschy speech: kitsch! It was a total clichee finale! But I loved it!

Finally, Ephram and Amy got together again and her "grand gesture" was so sweet :wink: It was a great installement, I just really love kitsch and this so definitely was kitsch!moreless

The series finale of Everwood, one of the most beloved shows and a powerful show to say the least. The whole show was jam-packed with emotion, and while reading the description of the episode you might not think it is that good. But it is.

By taylorcolefan91, Oct 15, 2006

In a way Everwood has just began, because even though it has ended on The WB, new viewers will get to see the show on ABC Family. All the show was special, and while it didn't get the usual WB farewell at the end, it didn't really need it, because this episode was something to see. Everwood is probably one of my favorite shows, and I don't think it could've ended better. Definetly a must-see episode. Amy's segments were somewhat funny, but you can't help but think at least for some of the segments they could've done something different. I wish we could've seen Madison or her baby, which would've added to the episode. I didn't really think much of the Stephanie/Ephram relationship in this episode, but at least it made Amy see how much she loved Ephram. It's nice to see the endings they created also. Bright transformed from a jock to somebody totally different, but keeps a litle humor to his character. Andy's relationship with Ephram seems resolved, and it's welcome to be seen. Andy's goodbye to his wife was deeply moving, and the backround music throughout the whole episode was entirely stellar. I loved seeing Harold's humorous character at least a little more, and seeing Jake at least have a minor part in the whole scheme of the episode. The final scenes were touching, with Hannah hoping to be with Bright, Delia seeing her horse, Andy proposing to Nina, Edna staying with Harold, and Amy sharing her true feelings for Ephram. I think the series finale could have been even more touching with Ephram revisiting his piano and maybe some more Bright/Ephram scenes, but overall I think this episode was one of the best of Everwood, and is a picture perfect ending to the whole show. Goodbye Everwood!moreless

i CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S GONE!

By Cooljay12, Oct 07, 2006

It was sad to see everwood go. at the last minute I was sad and happy because Amy and ephram finally were together. I was like Noooooooooooooooo! and then the next thing you know their saying wb11 news at 10 next don't miss it. o and something about a fire. anyway I thought Everwood needed more, I mean I really wanted to find out if they get married or not, or split up and get back together. I also wanted to know what happend with ephrams dad, and neala I was so happy they got engged. that\'s all then bye.moreless

It's hard to say goodbye! We needed more, but now it must end!

By cyberneoPT, Aug 13, 2006

Like the entire series, I just loved the episode. Too bad it had to end. All the storylines resolve the way everybody expected and because of that we cannot wish a 5th season. I'll miss it sadlly, but another season, movie, whatever would just ruin the story.

About the episode, it's great in every way. The exception is the urge to finish the story and some aspects that should take more time to resolve like what would happen to everybody in the next year, is Amy going to Princeton, will the Abbotts keep the baby, what Bright is going to do (it was a big part of the last 2 seasons). In the end, tt was a little too happy.. but i'm fine with it..

Farewell Everwood!moreless

Saying goodbye...

By Ummagnumma, Jul 26, 2006

Well, it's over. After four superb years of television, Everwood signed off. Prematurely? Yes. With dignity? Definitely. With class? Certainly. Everwood's series finale, one of the best concluding episodes of a TV series ever, was a wonderful two-hour denouement.

I won't write much about the episode itself. After all, there are plenty of other reviews that have done so. Besides, I choke up every time I try. There aren't many things that make this 24-year-old male cry. The last time a TV show or movie made me cry was way back in 1996 when I first saw Schindler's List. Long time. "Foreverwood" had me releasing the floodgates when the last piano/violin solo by musician Blake Neely soundtracked a rising camera to that last beautiful shot of our favorite mountain town.

I love this show. It was a member of my family. I mean that. I joined this series late in the game (Season 4, actually), but I've now been fortunate enough to see every episode (Thank God for friends with video tapes). Even if I hadn't, I would have been in front of the TV every week watching our Everwood family. The first episode I watched was The Next Step, Episode 2 from Season 4. It was a glorious one, so wonderfully written by Anna Fricke and so brilliantly acted by the cast. It would become clear that each and every show was like this. It is rare for any show to have this consistent quality episode after episode. It is even rarer for a show to improve with each passing season. Everwood did so effortlessly. Gracefully, too.

In terms of this year's programming, Everwood was the best show. Period. And it's not like the show didn't have strong quality competition (Battlestar Galactica, Veronica Mars, House, Scrubs, etc.). But I can say that with absolute certainty. Everwood was tops.

Before the finale, Rina Mimoun was interviewed by TV Guide, and she described the difficulty of making a series finale. So many shows fall short in this category because they forget to bring things full circle. Often, shows have evolved so much that it's seemingly impossible to end it (For example, will the TV series ER have a sufficient ending? How could it with a virtually new cast and a completely different feel to the show after a thousand seasons?), or at least end it well. The great shows evolve but remain true to its themes. Everwood never lost sight of what it wanted to say and how it wanted to say it. And with talented writing and a superb cast, this was the formula for a quality finale. Rina Mimoun and company did not disappoint.

I knew the floodgates were coming by the end of Part I. After a riveting sequence between Jake and Nina (the wonderful Scott Wolf and Stephanie Niznik), I knew it was coming. I just wanted to hold it off as long as I could. This show was too good not to enjoy, and I demanded myself to stay dry until the end.

As it turned out, that was one of the most difficult things to accomplish. After all, there was the brilliant scene where Andy tells his wife (er, his wife's tombstone) goodbye. Or the scene when he gives Delia the present he always promised when they first moved to Everwood. Or the scene when Amy reveals to Hannah (and later to Rose) her love for Ephram. Or the scene when Andy tells Ephram how much he's appreciated the past year. Or the scene with Bright and Hannah on top of the mountain. Or the last three-and-a-half minutes. Well, the floodgates are starting again.

After the last seconds of the episode aired, I just cried and cried and cried. I happened to watch it with three others, all of whom were also crying. Two guys (24 and 23) and two girls (25 and 24). Crying like babies. Over a TV show.

The point, however, is that Everwood was not just a TV show. It was a place to spend an hour and catch up with people. People we've come to know and love. Sure, they aren't perfect. Far from it. But I have a feeling that's why we love them so much. Because they are people. Flawed people trying to do good things.

We can agonize or be angered by the fact that Everwood had a premature demise. Many of us have (and for good reason). But I think we can all remember, with great joy, what a tremendous show this was. And we can forever treasure the wonderful town of Everwood. Its cast, its crew, and its characters.

Goodbye, Everwood. And thank you.moreless

I wish it would not end

By kerackley, Jul 18, 2006

There has got to be a way for them to keep this show running,the way they ended it leaves pleanty of room for a continiation of the show. We should start a petition to bring it back. It would be great to see andy and nina wedding and also to see bright and hannah back together since she had dec to go to college with him, they were meant to be just Ephram and Amy are. They could also go woth the story line of the new baby the abbotts have now, there is so much more that could be done with the program. Don't let this really be the endmoreless

Load More Reviews