Extant's New Extended Trailer Is Full of Alien-Baby and Robokid Mama Drama (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

May 15, 2014

CBS has finally released a full trailer for its big summer series Extant, shedding a little more light on what so far has been a pretty top-secret project. And now we know why: because the show is totally bonkers. 

Halle Berry stars as an astronaut who returns from a 13-month solo mission to space and discovers that she's pregnant. That right there would be enough to fill a whole television series, but Extant adds a whole 'nother show's worth of story with the introduction of her husband's robot son. Oh, and apparently the battery-operated kiddo can predict the apocalypse? Remember when things used to be simple and contained by giant domes? 

Watch the trailer for yourself to see if YOU can make sense of it all:

Hey scientist dad, how about programming that robo-boy with some personality?

Extant premieres Wednesday, July 9 on CBS.

• Comments (18)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • No1Slayerette May 16, 2014

I see someone got creative with a turkey baster on their solo mission.

• HudsonThoT May 15, 2014

Ok this trailer just spoils all the twists of the first episodes, thank you CBS!

• Mistral5 May 15, 2014

Looked good till i saw "executive producer: steven spielberg"

Terra nova had a good promise too and we now how it turned out...

• amitojj May 15, 2014

OK so someone fucked her in space. thank you for telling that. till now i was thinking how the hell she got pregnant. good that now i know the answer to that.

• amitojj May 15, 2014

now that mystery is solved . there is nothing much left in the show to watch except halle berry. i was really expecting something more.
    more than the obvious alien knocked at the door of her ship. she opened. he knocked her down . raped her. she woke up dint know what has happened.
    think outside box like aliens dont need sex to impregnate her.

• amitojj May 15, 2014

Its gonna be a disaster. but who cares. its halle berry

• MirelaPilipo May 15, 2014

"Under the Extant Gravity with a Robokid"

But most importantly: Dr Hiroshi Hatake!!! WTF?

• marlonjones May 15, 2014

It actually looks good except for 2 things: the husband (terrible casting) and Halle's hairdo ( i know right).

• dxnlkiguert9o743t098 May 15, 2014

NO

• Mate May 15, 2014

Ummm. I suppose what really would happen wouldn't be much of a show. And that would be her in a heavy militarized hospital hooked up to machines with several armed guards around her and doctors point and prodding her everyday.

It it looks ok. I am sure that her star power will carry the show. But it just doesn't look that great.

• traylaparc May 15, 2014

You had me at Halle Berry

• See More Comments (7)