Episode 4: Chris Martin

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

Andy Goes to the BAFTA After being Nominated and Chris Martin Guest stars as a selcenterd version of himself.

By Quachett, Jul 21, 2009

The episode started good enough with Martin's portrail of himself how ever, the episode started lossing its charm when Darren showed up. The incompitance is funny when he messes up slightly but in this episode not only does he humiliate him beyond shame he gets him barnned from the BAFTAs one wonders why he doesnt fire the guy after such stunts.

Maggie again manages to give up humiliating info about Andy before she realises she shouldnt have said it. This to me is starting to get a bit boring because the humor in this show comes from humiliating Andy, which is good, but its become formulaic because you know that Andy will tell Maggie a humiliating secret about someone and she will always tell the person and humiliate Andy, you know that Darren will always show incompitance and in the proccess humiliate Andy but at the end of it Andy is mad at everyone but again will never do anything about it.

Finally I know that one of the running jokes is how Bad Andy's sitcom is and the sort of people who like it are dimm witted I wonder why would he keep doing something that has brought him nothing but grief, humiliation and mocary from his peers. The show really needs new angles to work from and atleast show Andy's friends doing something that ends well.moreless

Chris Martin is full of himself and Andy gets a BAFTA nomination.

By martin_uy, Mar 12, 2007

I really like Extras. I do think it is a very clever show. Ricky Gervais is one funny guy.

I have a particular problems with this episode. We all know how annoying the agent can be (and how completely stupid) but here he goes a little too far. The same goes with the friend.

So, while the episode manages to be good for the most part, it ends really bad.

The beginning with Chris Martin is hillarious. He is great playing an a**hole who only cares about his album.

The "pretty woman" part was clever too.

As I said before, it's the final part, the BAFTAS that really feels like too unfair. You start wishing that he would fire his agent and punch his friend in the face.

While we are used to Andy losing, here it is just not funny.

Bottom line: not the best episode of the show.moreless