MTV Renews Faking It for Season 2

By Kaitlin Thomas

Jun 09, 2014

Proving that there's more to MTV High than just teenage werewolves and their friends, the network has renewed its freshman comedy Faking It ahead of Tuesday's Season 1 finale. The series stars Katie Stevens and Rita Volk as best friends Karma and Amy, who fake a lesbian relationship to become popular at their high school, a fairly progressive institution where the misfits are worshipped and the jocks are jokes. 

While the premise may sound forced and kind of ridiculous, the series has grown into a solid hit for the network as Volk's Amy has realized she might actually have romantic feelings for her best friend. Faking It has averaged a 1.5 rating in its target 12-34 demographic, and 1.4 million total viewers, making it MTV's highest-rated new series launch this year. 

Have you been watching Faking It? What do you think of the show?

• Comments (19)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Llostris Jul 03, 2014

I'm so happy MTV renewed Faking It for second season. I love this show :)

• andredora Jun 29, 2014

Anyone know when it's schedule to air? (Season 2)

• GirishKrishna1 Jun 15, 2014

I tried the first episode while having dinner and thought it would not be good. Before I knew it, it was 3 in the night and I had seen the finale 3 times already and tearing up like a little boy (I am a straight guy who falls smack right in the middle of that demographic). Its quirky and very enjoyable. MTV now has three shows it can be actually proud of - Awkward, Teen Wolf and Faking It.

• msustaitaa Jun 12, 2014

Watching the commercials before the season aired, honestly did not catch my eye. I'm not going to lie it took a couple weeks for me to finally watch it but once i started to watch i could not stop watching it..... And then the season finale made me sooo anxious for season 2! Hopefully it does not take a year to show or as long as Awkward takes.... Love this show!

• P3TE Jun 10, 2014

I wasn't so sure about the show when it first started but now it's even better than Awkward.

• Midnightdancer Jun 10, 2014

The show has been offensive from the start but the season finale sealed the deal for me that this show should be pulled off the air. What they did in the finale was just gross. If you've seen it you'll know what I'm talking about.

• jackwagon Jun 10, 2014

What would it take to get MTV removed from the airwaves completely? IS there a Kickstarter for something like that?

To be clear, my wish has nothing to do with Faking It. It has much more to do with the fact that MTV is annoying and obnoxious. They haven't been relevant in close to 20 years.

• mtharry Jun 10, 2014

Great little show, good news. Not Big Bang laugh out loud but a fun half an hour. The Amy & Shane characters have been great & lets face it, who didn't have at least one selfish, scheming friend to put up with at school?

• RoryJamesSaywer Jun 10, 2014

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Love this show

• prometheus20 Jun 10, 2014

I just binged the first seven episodes. Solid show.

• See More Comments (7)