Love and Other Acts of Courage

Episode Reviews (7)

Story Opens Further

By Yaspaa, Sep 24, 2012

Some welcomed character development and another arc to the saga becomes evident in this episode. The Skitter rebellion opens the story up further, which has in this episode, and no doubt will continue to cause polarising opinions within the human resistance.

Tom's constant worries about his kids, pitted against Weaver's plight to keep the whole camp safe, will no doubt cause problems. There's plenty to look forward to.

By CsabaFekete, Aug 06, 2012

I, for one, was really surprised about the line they started pushing the series towards. The cold-open really did its trick, all I can say is: I really like where the series is heading. The atmosphere of the show is also special, in my opinion.

Dumb and annoying ideas saved by a 180 slide

By jmw, Jul 27, 2012

First I'll give you three reasons to throw mutant tomatoes from outerspace at your TV screen when Falling Skies is running. Then I'll explain why it still deserves the attention of starving sci-fi fans.

I. Tom's older son rejected by Maggie after he kissed her. Of course she's broken but come on !

II. Mechs, formerly refered as "robots", are idiots. Remember RoboCop's failed Enforcement Droid Series ? Two noisy humans hiding in a car, let's pretend we haven't detected them. We've only been conceived by highly intelligent creatures after all.

III. It's dark outside, let's send a distress signal by switching on the lights of the hospital to make sure the friendly aliens nearby will rescue us.

How is it possible to write and direct such scenes when others are so exciting ? It feels like the heads behind the show don't know how to say No way ! I mean turning some Skitters, specially the one we thought was an enemy, into resistants like the 2nd Mass is very smart. It actually reminded me that in the premiere Tom implied these six-legged creatures could be soldiers controlled by superior beings. He was right ! As for his discussion with their leader it was quite interesting : Slaves, home planet, overlords Otherwise that part was flawed by a major mistake because asking Tom's men to leave them alone didn't make sense. I mean how can you expect people to trust you after such a request ? Moreover let's not forget that Tom is still not to be trusted. John Pope, please come back ! At least the shocking massacre he escaped was explained and I'm definitely intrigued by Ben's next move. When will he leave and where ? Tom and Captain Weaver are also growing on me thanks to some moving dialogs about respect and following orders.

Note : This review was first posted on Kritikenstein, my weblog.moreless

Just kill some Skitters already...

By lexkatz, Jul 14, 2012

Skitter rebellion... the return of Rick... the find of the hospital? Nope - all second race to the fact I can't get out of my head the thought of this severely pushed and just plain wrong Hal and Maggie romance. I love my romance plots as much as the next but I want subtle and real - not shoved down my throat! Too much? Maybe... but is it too much to want to see some Skitters die and not two teenagers flirt shamelessly when they should be fighting for their lives? Spare me please...moreless

There are already plenty of sappy dramas on TV.

By MatthewRaiche, Jul 11, 2012

I don't watch this show because I want to watch a sappy drama about teenage love and a father struggling about how to bond with his sons. I watch this show because I want to see SciFi about people fighting extraterrestrial invaders. This was one of the most boring episodes ever.

Love and other Acts of Courage

By TrueTvWatcher, Jul 09, 2012

Love and other Acts of Courage was another perfectly entertaining episode of Falling Skies. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of action, drama, and character development. It was great watching Hal and Margaret get closer when they were on patrol. I loved seeing Ben and Rick protecting a Skitter who claimed to be part of a Skitter resistance who have been trying to overthrow the Overlord Slenders. The story is coming together nicely and I like most all of the characters. I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!moreless