The Price of Greatness

Episode Reviews (4)

Great

Decent guest of the guests, conventional story, educative topics, excellent character development (Spoilers)

By jmw, Aug 21, 2012

How vicious ! We had to wait nine freaking episodes for Terry O'Quinn guest performance ! I wasn't highly expecting it, I was craving for it ! He blew my mind as John Locke in Lost and his fascinating role all season 6 leaded me to constantly jaw drop and specially when I watched the cult Sundown ! So I'm definitely obsessed with both the actor and character. You can call me Alicia Baker I don't mind. Seriously his role as Arthur was interesting but not as captivating as I hoped it would be. As often I blame the conventional writing as all along I wondered where the sci-fi elements were. An underground base turned into a city with an upcoming election ? Just read George Orwell's Animal Farm. I'm into politics but there were many other exciting and surprising ways to develop the plot. What about a fake society, some sort of hallucination created by a guild of overlords ? It would have at least mirrored the elegant reference to The Matrix when John Pope tasted his succulent meal. From the red apples to the meat everything should have been a fantasy ! Or the aliens could have found a way to control people without harnessing them or at least better hide the devices like in The Puppet Masters ! To sum things up the events they experienced weren't bizarre enough.

Still diverse topics were covered and it can only help us better understand our own world. As for the character development it was excellent. First Tom had a hard choice to make again and as expected he didn't disappoint when Arthur was his mentor. Second the Captain's girl speech was feminism powered and I just love these moments when women shine on TV ! Third, Anne rocks ! She didn't let Doctor Jerk dominate her and quickly set things straight. Last but not least I have received complains that I'm not a Maggie fan but this time I really enjoyed what Hal told her. Let's put your mistakes in the past and move on together. Have my back ! What's the point of punishing yourself ? Now let's just hope she'll die in the finale to make some room for a hot geeky brunette specialized in ninjutsu and juggling !

Note : This review was first posted on Kritikenstein, my weblog.moreless

On Demand ???

By timothyrubel, Aug 14, 2012

I have Charter on Demand and this show episode isn't available yet. I also checked the Falling Skies website and it hasn't been posted there either. What's up?

The Price of Greatness

By TrueTvWatcher, Aug 13, 2012

The Price of Greatness was a superb episode of Falling Skies and I enjoyed watching as The 2nd Mass integrated with the other survivors in Charleston. There was a lot of tension and things were not what they appeared. There was some great character and plot development. No real alien action unfortunately though the rebel skitter wanted to make contact. I liked how every thing played out and found the turn of events interesting. I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!moreless