Dog Gone

Episode Reviews (15)

Fair
6.9

Brian accidentally killed a dog while drunk

By fsaenz0125, Nov 03, 2012

After Brian accidentally kills another dog, and no one seems to care, he tries to convince everyone that they should value the life of a dog the same as a human. Meanwhile, Lois hires a maid who doesn't listen to Peter. This was a much better episode over the mess of the previous episode. Consuela's plot was funnier here. There were humorous moments like Brian accidentally killed a dog while drunk (although the scene was bloody), Joe sleep dragging at night, the whole maid plot (Consuela kicking Brian out, Chris trying to touch Consuela's breasts, etc), and a couple more. The people not caring about the value of the life of a dog was the reason why it wasn't a 10. Overall this was a superb episode and it is one my favorite for the season. 9/10moreless

Disturbing

By jmbsonic555, Oct 10, 2011

the beginning was disturbing, but the episode was kind of funny until the dramatic end.

5 out of 10.

Great episode

By tigerdude22, Jun 28, 2011

Brian accidentally ran over a dog and he finds out that dog is dead so he buries the dog. Brian decides to confess to everyone in the household and Joe (since he is the policeman). They all laugh because they said it isn't a crime to kill a dog and Brian didn't like it when no one cared about the value of a dog's life. The plot to this episode was great and well-written. One of the better Family Guy episodes this season. I laughed at some scenes but the scene I can remember laughing hard was the cutaway with Stewie reading the "Curious George" book. Stewie saw Brian crying in the bathtub so Stewie decides to help Brian by grabbing his collar and taking it to pretend that Brian was dead from being burned from a fire. Peter, Lois, Meg, and Chris find out that Brian was dead (which he really isn't) and Stewie gets Brian and wanted to show the four of them crying. Peter, Lois, Meg, and Chris hugging and crying made Brian realize that they do care about the value of a dog's life (well... at least Brian's life). Overall, despite everyone not caring about the value of a dog's life (which is the reason my score isn't higher), this was a great episode and the plot was well-written from Seth MacFarlane and the other writers. 8.5/10moreless

What's this A GOOD Family Guy Episode?

By JohnWeston, Sep 07, 2010

WOW this was actually pretty good. Last week was horrible besides Quagmire telling brain off but this week was a good back to basics episode. Peter's childish antics has Lois get a maid, The catch is the maid is stubborn annoying and disruptive, Just like real maids.

The other part was Brain being his old Liberal A-hole self but it was still great to see everything blow up in his face. The gags were kept to a minimum here and the episode had a great flow to it. Being closer to the Family Guy I enjoyed just a few years ago.

Did the Manatees die? did they put in new balls? I don't know but this was a pretty good episode and I hope there are more to come.moreless

Mister, mister Superman no here.

By thefanof, Sep 07, 2010

I cannot believe they brought the maid from Superman's fortress of solitude back! Her dialogue was funny as a whole, and shockingly not too farfetched from how real maids genuinely act. This felt more like a storyline from a live action sitcom than something Family Guy does, but hey, it was funny, it worked, so no harm no foul.

Brian and Stewie's scenes were good as well, but that's no surprise as the two of them are the few consistently good characters nowadays.

To argue that this episode was well-written was nonsensical, but did it serve its purpose of making you laugh? Absolutely.moreless

Brian realizes again that his writing career is going nowhere so he drinks too much. On the way home he accidentally kills a dog and buries it in the yard next door. After Stewie torments him he finds out no one cares he killed a dog. Uh Oh!!!

By jyarter, Sep 07, 2010

This was a decent episode of Family Guy. The bits with PETA, the meeting to change how people see animals, and finally the new maid were all pretty funny in one way or another.

The maid was probably the highlight of the show though. Everyone felt so awkward that they just let her do her own thing. Poor Chris had to share his bed and she stole little Stewie's play money. :) The bit with the radio with Peter was pretty good as well.

The dog section of the episode was not as good as I imagined it was going to be. Sometimes Brian's preachy attitude can be very funny. Sometimes not. The whole bit with the confession and then Peter grabbing the gun. That was funny! Also later at the meeting when the whole subject of eating dogs came up. I don't think Brian was thinking this was the way the meeting would go.

A decent episode that could have been really funny. I'm not sure what was missing, but maybe a little more Stewie tormenting Brian was called for? An enjoyable episode just the same though. Thanks for reading...moreless

This episode was written by an oldschool writer and it shows.

By minimullen, Sep 07, 2010

I hate the direction this series has gone in.

Im a fan of mostly only seasons 1-3 and some of 4

This episode was written by oldschool writer

Steve Callaghan It definitely shows.

Although i still feel the jokes were much lazier than the first few seasons the style of this episode and characters felt allot more like the first few seasons than anything they have shelled out recently.

And fewer unnecessary cutaways.

There were like two or 3 in this episode.

I still dont like the way they lead into most of them.

Either way this episode had allot more heart as well.

If family guy was still at least this good i would still buy the dvds.moreless

Poor at best.

By carnagae1225, Sep 07, 2010

The episode of family was horrible, poor, and downright stupid. When I read about this episode and found out a "old school" family guy staff member would be involved; I thought this would be a pretty good episode. In the end I found what that I was wrong. The episode wasn't funny at all , many jokes became old, such as the cleaning woman's "No", or "He is not here". Funny for the first few seconds, but not when it is used for every couple of scenes. Even though their were less cutway scences, the cutway scenes were not funny. Also it seems to family guy's comedy is now based on gore and blood, such as shooting a rabbit or dog killing a man. What happened to the vibrant verbal banter that used to be a major component of family guy. Another swing and a miss for family guy. I'm tired of saying hope the next episode will be better, so I give up.moreless

Good episode..

By sequoa84, Sep 07, 2010

This was a good episode of Family Guy. There were some genuinely funny and original jokes this time around. Apart from from producing the much needed comic relief, I must admit this installment was quite successful in pushing across the message of Animal Rights. And of course, the writers made sure they followed the sure-shot formula for success - a Brian-Stewie combination. And Peter's story was also kind of funny. The latino-maid sequence was hilarious. I mean, though offensive in every way possible, the plot wasn't far from the truth. Which is why, we can relate and genuinely enjoy the joke (if we have a good sense of humor for that matter).

If only they could keep giving us episodes like these...moreless

Load More Reviews