Lottery Fever

Poor
4.5

Waste of Money and Time

By That_TV_Dude, Aug 11, 2012

I figured that maybe this premier of Season 10 of Family Guy would be decent since so many said it was great, but once again it seems it was all hype and very little substance. The plot is that after blowing all their savings on the lottery, Peter wins and the Griffins are now rich. So through the whole plot we see Peter and the other members of the family go crazy with money and lose their friends. It isn't until the family realizes how foolish they were acting until they lose their money and end up on the sidewalk. Peter goes back to Joe and Quagmire and tells he learned money can't solve their problems. He asks for their forgiveness and Quagmire writes a check for Peter allowing him to get his house back. Our episode ends with the entire family staring out the windows of their house saying nothing. This premier was such a waste of time and too cliched in every way. For one thing this plot has been done before and nothing new was added to the mix. It's literally Peter and family get selfish, lose friends, then lose everything, and then go back to their normal lifestyles. This is something you see in a Saturday Morning Cartoon, not Family Guy. There were some good moments like Peter shooting the BB Gun, Chris inhaling the glue, and Stewie and that big baby thing, but that was really it. Aside from those things this premier was not only a waste of time, but waste of money as well. I wouldn't really bother with it at all and it seems once more Family Guy has another bad season down the road.

FINAL SCORE: 2/10moreless

An alrightseason 10 premiere.

By fsaenz0125, Jan 01, 2012

It was an okay start of season 10, but a bit disappointing start of season 10. It should has great but a few parts ruined the score. I thought Peter was a huge jerk at Quagmire and Joe. He took the BB gun thing too far and I predicted that Peter would shot Joe in the eye. Ugh! That's painful! I never saw a scene like that before. Plus, beside that, a couple scenes were a waste of time. I didn't like that cutaway that lasted for like almost a minute. The rest of the cutaways were especially Brian's long hair and then Stewie fell off and a couple others. Peter hiring a penis butler was very hilarious. It may be the only part I liked from Peter in the episode. The ending was funny when the family looked outside the window. Overall, an okay season 10 premiere of Family Guy. A huge decline on the last two year's premieres. 6/10moreless

oh ... no ...

By MartinBlank74, Nov 22, 2011

To understand the problem of this episode, you have to understand how shows like this work.

Basically, you have two choices - you can either tell an interesting story, or you can tell an old and predictable story in a funny way.

The story here - 'get rich, annoy friends, lose friends, blow money, find out friends will forgive you' - is a very old story, so MacFarlane would now have to go with the second option. But he doesn't. Nothing Peter does is really all that funny, and the other characters pretty much don't appear in this episode, which is covered by Lois mentioning each of them in one sentence.

There is so much potential here. Just imagine - Stewie getting his hand on big money - the possibilities are endless. But no.

MacFarlane really seems to think that the story itself is interesting enough to carry this episode.

Wrong.moreless

A horrible season premier and a horrible remake of Peter, Peter Caviear Eater. I had high hopes for this one but I was wrong. This had potential but everything fell flat and it shows that Seth is running out of ideas instead of going for fresh new ones.

By thundercat2000, Nov 22, 2011

The lottery comes to Quahog and the prize is $150.0000. Peter buys over a thousand lottery tickets and the family won. Peter goes crazy with the money and he treats everybody like dirt but he blew it at the end and the family becomes poor. Peter comes back to Quagmire and Joe begging for forgiveness. Quagmire forgives him by giving him money from the investment he made when Peter gave him money. Peter and his family have their house back and everything is back to normal.

This was a letdown. As I mentioned earlier, there was so much potential that it could have explored. We could have seen how Meg spent her share of the money. Peter was the biggest jerk and he didn't deserve any sympathy. The way he treated his two friends was unforgiveable and he should have gotten a taste of his own medicine. Ever since this show came back from cancellation, Peter became a shadow of who he was. Becoming more and more stupid is not funny and the same for becoming more and more sadistic. At the beginning of the episode, one of the dancers came to Peter and told him she was pregnant. Instead of taking responsibilities, he had a couple of security guards escort her and dance as if nothing happened with everybodyelse looking at him with cold looks. Are we suppose to like this guy? I don't think so after this one.

There were only 3 funny parts.

1. Brian needing to get a haircut. He looked like Uncle Fester. Hilarious!!

2. The giant baby mobile.

3. Peter diving into the vault of money. ( He should have ended it with the line "It's not liquid." and that was it. He didn't have to explain it. It ruins the comedy when kept talking.)

The Star Trek scene was dumb. A goat?!! Peter buying making fake lottery tickets to test the family?!! Lois should have divorced him and everybody going to differant rooms and look out the windows as if nothing happened was a cop out.

The worst season opener ever. Seth if you are reading, please stop remaking classic episodes and come up with new ideas. Also bring the old Peter from seasons 1 to 3. I hate the new Peter more after this one. Peter should have gotten advice from Carter. I can't wait for the Hurricane episode. That one sounds more promising and I hope it goes on a high note and cleans up this mess of an episode.moreless

A decent season premiere

By marebear2009, Nov 22, 2011

Like most episodes, this one had its good share of funny moments, especially in the first half, like the Star Trek 2 scene, the cutaway with Brian not being groomed, Peter getting a penis butler, the musical montage with the Griffins looking through all the lottery tickets, and the Griffins winning the lottery and losing everything twice. Quagmire writing Peter the check near the end was also heartwarming. My biggest gripe about this episode, though, was that I hated how Peter treated Joe and Quagmire in this episode. He was just being a complete jerk to them after he won the lottery. I also thought the plot could have been a little better, and the ending where they're all just staring out the window was pretty lame. For the most part, though, this was a decent season premiere that had its moments. Final grade: B-. Marebear2009, out!

~dedicated to tigerdude22~moreless

lol, the simpsons made a crap load of lottery episodes and they still have better ratings then this.

By yoni1994, Nov 22, 2011

I swear, this may be the end of Family Guy. They are tumbling down hill very fast and the episodes aren't as good anymore. The writers seem to have brain farts since season 7 and I think they are trying way too hard. Did they have to have an episode towards Peter? What about Stewie? What could he have done if he was the main character in that episode? He could have bought weapons of mass destruction to kill Lois from all that money they have!! But noooo, they decide to go the other way, the bad way, the unfunny way. I think I'm done watching Family Guy.moreless

what a turd of an episode

By pgs7473, Nov 22, 2011

seth mcfarlane or whatever your name is, is that your name? who cares what your name is. you suck and you cannot make good shows. you're ugly and you smell like peter griffins ass. if i wanted to watch a really bad show, I'd watch american dad or that show with all that black people. chris mccfarlane, i hate you.

every season of family was terrible. if you say it started to suck after it came back, you're wrong, it always sucked. you suck peter mccfarlanemoreless

Better than Season 9 episodes I suppose.

By jmbsonic555, Oct 12, 2011

Well, Season 10 didn't start out all that good as I expected.

We have the drama, and the FORGIVE MEE scenes just like every recent episode.

What I liked- Brian not being groomed, the Chinese resteraunt, and something else I forgot

What I disliked- Joe getting shot, the drama at the end, the ending itself

I would suggest watch it once and never return to it

5 out of 10

I remember when family guy was still funny. I hope it may be funny again some day

By tvforme4334, Oct 04, 2011

This isnt it though. The plot is basically the same from Season Two's Peter Peter Caviar eater. Also it isnt a good idea to begin with. How many shows have had the characters becoming rich? It's been done, and it's been done better.

No jokes. Not one. I mean, if you want to call them jokes then go ahead, but jokes are supposed to make you laugh. Seth, where did family guy go? Bring it back. Its turning into new coke. I WANT COKE CLASSICmoreless

A good season opener but nothing special

By Airsoftking525, Sep 29, 2011

I wasn't really expecting much after last season of Family Guy, last season is where it really started to go down hill for me. I will start by saying the promos looked really good but the episode was just okay.

The jokes are very hit and miss with Family guy they are not witty and thought out like they used to be, just random words thrown together to get cheap laughs.

Positives:

-Brian grooming cutaway

-Bruce Jenner and US Navy cutaway

-Sushi restaurant

Negatives:

-Opening credits

-Stillborn children joke

-Ending

Conclusion:

A few good moments in this episode but nothing memoriable, the stillborn joke after the russian waiter scene was not funny at all and the ending was stupid. Considering this was a season premiere this was a disappointment. Hopefully next week Hurricane episode will be better. Please Seth return to the quick witted and clever humor that made this show.moreless

Load More Reviews