Seahorse Seashell Party

Episode Reviews (29)

Poor
4.8

What does it take for you to stop watching a TV show? This episode!

By Girlygeek43, Aug 16, 2014

When it comes to writing and TV shows there's always that one time where you know it jumps the shark beyond prevail. It could be a bad season, or a slew of bad episodes in a row, however, this episode did something so abysmal it put Family Guy beyond repair. In order to make it brief I'll get to the elephant in the room first. This episode is about being trapped in a house with no TV, and it's as boring as being trapped in a house with no TV, yeah it's that boring. You see the mushroom scene Brian has is very pointless, and what the family does during the hurricane is just not funny. But then we get to the real stinker, Meg has finally had enough with the abuse she puts up with and calls her family out on what they do to her and they all break down. After she talks to Brian, Meg asks him if she's like a lightning rod for the family to release their tension on. THAT'S RIGHT PEOPLE! WE GET THE ALL TIME CLICHE TROPE KNOWN AS STATUS QUO IS GOD! However, that's not the worst part of this trope, the bad part about using this trope in this episode is that THE MORAL OF THIS EPISODE IS, STAY IN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE ABUSER! NOT FUNNY SETH! NOT FUNNY! Whenever Family guy tackles abuse, they do it horribly, and this episode is a prime example why.moreless

bad episode

By phoenix2014, Jul 31, 2014

this is a meg griffin being a bitch episode and the absoulte worst in that catagory

Thank God this episode was delayed.

By hector_13_13, May 08, 2013

I was actually glad that it took a while for this episode to air. It was stupid, upsetting, and awful. Kudos to Brian and Stewie and Meg for being the good ones in this episode. Peter and Lois, I swear if they don't quit their crap, the show may get cancelled again. Peter's antagonism continues and won't stop until somebody stops him. Meg should have never apologized. If anything, what she did was right. Thanks to Lois, Francine from American Dad is becoming her now. Don't be surprised once Francine starts treating Hayley like crap, similar to Lois treating Meg. Peter and Lois deserves to go to jail or be punished, like an episode ban or two. I'm sorry for this cheesy review, but Peter and Lois pissed me off more than ever before.moreless

The Underdog finally got her bone.

By MichaelMcIndo, Oct 24, 2012

I LOVED this episode. Scratch the haters. "Oh its not funny" So what? FG has serious episodes sometimes because ITS NEEDED in pop culture. Grow up and learn something .Im pretty sure thousands of people fee l like Meg in the world. This ep did wonders for me!

Hats Off To Meg Standing Up To The Haters

By LuisMelndez, Jun 26, 2012

The episode had been better as a OREO cookie with the white fudge in the middle, which Meg had set a foot down to the family, they get what they deserve all these years ago, but I'd rather see the thug version of Meg from "Dial Meg For Murder", it would had been better than to be normal because being a misfit it's already been absolutely done for years, but taking the blame herself to make them feel better let me down, hoping that no one comment about this and give up watching this in case they got deeply disappointed, they think they're jocks to be THIS cool enough to be loved and being popular enough to be GOD to be themselves.moreless

Worst episode ever

By ILikeTelly, May 22, 2012

Wasn't even funny! Even the bit where Peter as singing to his iphone playing music sucked! :(

Not Great

By VivaLaRaza24, Apr 24, 2012

Made me laugh a couple times but way too serious...

Worst Family Guy episode since 'If I'm dyin I'm lyin'

By JasonPeter1, Mar 14, 2012

I thought that this was gonna be a good episode but I was disappointed only 3 minutes in and I disliked pretty well everything except for that cutaway making fun of documentaries, every other joke was 0% funny. That writer Wellesley Wild should lose his job over this terrible piece of work and be replaced with Seth Green or Dave Willis. I think this is the worst Family Guy episode since its revival.

Great Episode, Bad Ending

By BenWaldburger, Mar 11, 2012

The entire episode was great. I like how Meg finally ripped her terrible parents and equally horrible brother a new one. The only flaw? Meg accepts being the lightning rod to absorb the dysfunction. Really, those jerks didn't deserve the apology.

So.... that's kind of why I give this episode a B-.

Okay, but could have been better

By jacktoo, Jan 02, 2012

The things that I enjoyed: the Lady Gaga cutaway, Meg finally standing up to her family after several years of being treated like crap, and Brian's hallucination of Peter as a chicken, being roasted, singing "Wheels on the Bus."

The Meg plot was my favorite plot because it was good to see Meg finally stand up for herself after years of both physical and verbal abuse. Seeing Lois break down and cry was my favorite part of this plot, because it showed us that she got her daughter's message. My second favorite part of the plot is Peter, Lois, and Chris yelling at each other. It turns out that not only does the family despise Meg, but they actually despise each other, and Meg serves as a lightning rod to absorb all of the abuse and dysfunction, so the family doesn't fall apart. She just might be the strongest person in the family, and she remained strong, even after Chris called her the B word. Hopefully, after this episode airs, Meg will start being treated with the love and respect that she has much needed since the series revival in 2005. There's hope for Meg.

The Brian plot was kind of boring and dark. The only parts I liked were Brian's hallucination of Peter being roasted as a chicken, and the hallucination of Stewie being a snake.

Final Grade: Dmoreless