FX Is Killing It With the Teasers for Fargo (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Mar 03, 2014

Everyone's a bit burned out on TV reboots and adaptations these days. Even a cursory glance at the television landscape will reveal a plethora of based-on-a-book, -movie, and -old-or-foreign-TV-show projects, ranging from great to absolutely worthless. But every once in awhile, those adaptations are worth it, and FX's upcoming take on the 1996 Coen Brothers film Fargo appears to be one of them. 

Starring Billy Bob Thornton and Sherlock's Martin Freeman, and made with the Coen Brothers' blessing (they're also producers on the series), Fargo premieres Tuesday, April 15 at 10pmRight now the series is a closed-ended true-crime story with a limited run of 10 episodes, but it has the potential to continue on in an anthology format, similar to American Horror Story or True Detective. And if the teasers FX has been airing are any indication of what to expect, we're hoping for much more than just 10 episodes. Take a look for yourselves:

1. Roadside

2. Scrape

3. Enchanted Highway

4. Fishermen

Are you planning to watch Fargo?

• Comments (19)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Vegemini6740 Mar 11, 2014

I can't wait! I was hooked with the first teaser. LOVE THE COEN BROTHERS!

• georgeosborne319 Mar 06, 2014

Can't wait. "I'm fucking hungry now, you know?"

• dodge_hickey Mar 04, 2014

Hell yes!

I am a massive fan of The Coens movie, I really hope the humor is still there.

• olavaudun Mar 04, 2014

• missunderstood_contender Mar 04, 2014

It's Martin Freeman, so I'll check it out. :)

• geoffmaze Mar 04, 2014

Looks compelling. I'll check it out.

• Jux_ta_pose Mar 04, 2014

hell yes, looks just as quirky as the movie, well i'm hoping anyway

• kelljoann40 Mar 04, 2014

Why is their ice fishing hole outside of their ice fishing house?? Someone didn't do their research.....ha ha.

• Fire_Nation Mar 04, 2014

Maybe they wanted fresh air :)

• sylaine Mar 04, 2014

Well they wouldn't want to fish exactly where they put the dead guy, now would they? :-)

• torque_smacky Mar 04, 2014

I don't get the appeal of Fargo. Maybe it's because I watched the edited-for-television version? I dunno. I just don't get it. It's some lumpy cops with Palin accents.

• NathanLabont Mar 04, 2014

Fargo is one of my favourite movies ever.

• See More Comments (7)