Gimme Some Truth

Fair
6.9

Washington Intrigue

By NormanSFletcher, Jun 08, 2013

This episode shifts the focus to Washington, and shows use the wheeling and dealing most of us suspect is happening in the city. Overall I thought it was well done. Some things require a suspense of disbelief, but the same goes for most Sci-fi fiction. Overall i think the series is excellent to this point.

this show is NOT Lost and its not gonna be..

By Pink90210, Oct 22, 2011

... stop comparing guys, Lost is one of it's kind show, but this one is different, FF is a unique show present a unique idea not necessarily a sci-fi i mean it could happen, right? we don't know those genius scientists of ours are doing right now. Ok now for the epi:

this episode for me it was good, for a sixth episode in a brand new show. it was about agent Hawk's personal life. It's hard for a female to be in a male world already, so how also about being gay and above it all she's going to have a kid, let me tell you, I'm a female and i work with the government (not FBI though) and it's really hard that you have always to prove yourself, so presenting her character like that made me really liking the show. the close hearing that was held, it good acted despite what others said, i liked when Wedeck got out in the middle of it, he's really a good actor, and yes i was surprised when i knew the the person he was playing basket ball is actually HE PRESIDENT, that was well presented.

and when Wedeck went blackmailing the president (older posts said that once he's his friend the second he's blackmailing him) welcome to the politics word. however i didn't like how they 'dodge the bullet' in the car blowing scene, that was a bit over.

overall, the show is good, its definitely not Lost, having Abrams in common don't make them the same!! right?moreless

Sadly they secure funding, so the crap FBI dialogue and terrible acting will continue, at least until the end of Season 1

By RichardDalton, Oct 22, 2011

This episode came damn close to making me switch off for good. There's the terrible scene with Wedeck playing basketball with someone he calls "Dave", just so the writers can have fun when "Dave" turns out to be the President. Wedeck then goes on to Blackmail the President in the Oval Office, even though there doesn't appear to be any need to do so, "Dave" seems like he would have helped. There's a scene in the restaurant which is both gut churningly badly written and acted while at the same time completely unnecessary.

In the finale, for a second it looked like all the leading characters had been killed, and I was dissapointed when they survived.

Fiennes acting is getting worse, somehow.moreless

Much better

By AvatarBlue, Nov 20, 2010

For a show that is supposed to be a drama, previous episodes have failed to deliver. There have been the odd scene to cagoal us into believing that the pace of the show will heighten, but the screenplay remains to focused on characterisation. At least not enough of it imparted through action or intrigue. This episode though makes a better stab of being dramatic. The opening scene if for nothing else does this very well. The change in plot dynamic to a "political" one as you will see, have seen or read, adds some more. Furthermore, the character subplots continue in their slow, almost lethagic crawl to the date of the FF event. As in previous episodes these scenes are really, really over done. There is too much emphasis for me. I expect that most viewers will know that these subplots are there to explore and show the possible human reactions to a future where fate seems to be overriding free will and the change that this affects in people, but really imvho the screenplay should show more of the investigation. As it is this episode still fails to "really" draw us into the conspiracy. The show will continue to fail until it changes to incorporate more of the villians and what they are doing. At least the dialogue is edging towards being better.

As for the shootout it was okay. Though it would seem a little flat compared to something like 24. The scenes of political meandering involving Wedeck brought some more bite to proceedings, especially as he goes up against the President and the Senator. Though the final scene with the President was a little too ambiguous. Was he authorising the attempted hit on the team, or effecting the funding to the team - or both!?

Perhaps the best scene though is Janis left in the street clutching the bullet wound at her side. A gripping enough cliffhanger - same though that the build up is still pretty much flat.

On the whole the episode is moving in the right direction. Though its still painfully slow. There is enough though to keep you wanting to watch.moreless

The Senate Intell CMTE holds a hearing to decide where to allot funding to inquires into The Event. The study of the crow die-off in Somalia bears fruit. Stan uses a major marker to get support. Olivia finds a fact about Mark's FF that he kept from her.

By brad1981234, Jul 25, 2010

The best episode to date. Full of political intrigue, personal revelations and a good old fashioned shoot out, leaving one FBI Agent seriously wounded (nice twist on that character turning out to be gay considering her flashforward revealed that she would be having a baby before too long). Clearly the Mosaic project and the subsequent investigation by FBI Special Agent Mark Benford and his team have begun to make certain people uncomfortable. Though who they are and why they are upset with Benfords's unit enough to try and kill half a dozen FBI agents not to mention a FBI Assistent Director will have to wait for future episodes. Lucky for us veiwers that ABC has recently decided to keep Flashforward on air during the fall's tradional cancellation choping block the networks use to make room for their Jan mid-season replacements line-up. My only serious concern is that ABC might try and turn Flashforward into another Lost. The temptaion to do so must be great considering what a smash hit Lost has turned out to be. If Flashforward becomes the show that doles out tiny peices of story every week, never satisfying the veiwer, I'm afraid I'll be saying adios to yet another great ABC show. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for this one.moreless

Okay......what?

By DonStants2, Dec 06, 2009

After last episodes events, what on earth happened here?

It admittedly had some interesting elements- Olivias mysterious text and conversation with Marks friend etc. Also, Wellbecks acting and controversy was well handled, especially in the way he seems to have a deep personal past, that surely could be explored further- maybe he has a more secret flashforward than has been let on?

The whole funding thing was a little mixed, especially Mark's fuzzy flashforward- cheesy, over the top action much? What really ruined it, however, was the last scenes- the crappy, action music, the cheesy fight back of heroes vs good guys- it really just saddened me! And how on earth did they survive that without a scratch??

Overall, it was watchable, but I don't think its going to be all that it promised to be.moreless

The gang set off for Washington to secure funding but face fierce competition, from other factions also vying for the cash, and asassins.

By viewing-figures, Oct 28, 2009

I'm always a fan of the 24/39 hours earlier format in serials. It builds tension and suckers you in.

And up to a point, it served this ep well, but more on that later.

It's a big old cast, and there are still backstories, and flashes that we have yet to see. So this ep also used the old staple of reminding us of where we stand, and used that opportunity to remind us of the intricacies of political wranglings, and the human cost. That is IMO the essence of it's Zeitgeist flavour. We are in shaky times, people have hopes and dreams for the future but still feel uncertain, hope is there but it's muted. I enjoyed the Senate scenes. There was menace, drama, coercion, and a horrifying acknowledgement that, that is probably, exactly how it is. The "chinese" man, anyone?

I actually quite enjoyed the reveal of Janis as a lesbian. I know some of the dialogue was clunky, and some of the tender moments seemed a tad awkward, but I felt that really was the writing and directing at fault. Who sits like that round a table in a resturant? When the actresses were allowed to be more comfortable in the space they occupied I thought there was some nice chemistry. I quite liked how the baby was a red herring. My only thought was maybe she shouldn't have called that guy in the karate class a "douche" - he seemed fine to me, regular guy - 'cos that might be one donor off the list. Seriously though, I felt more concerned for the breakup of this tryst, than I do over Mark and Olivia at the moment. And I think Christine Woods' portrayal is great.

I also thought Courtney B Vance was terrific. His reaction to Mark's confession, that his vision was impaired by alcohol, was mesmerising and his brutal taunting, cruel, but understandable after his own behind the scenes machinations. Nothing gets nothing in Washington.

The stuff with the towers was intruiging but just keeps spinning the background along and that was fine for tonight but anymore and I may lose some patience. I liked the deepening of the individual storylines, and can only hope that we get repaid a la Lost, and not flumoxed a la Heroes. But I gotta have me some story in there too. And then came the ending, it's been said, the magical exploding car, the Hollywood movie walk whilst shooting, and then there was also the little matter of the choice of song and it's artist. Hokey?

I thought again the scenes with Janis did better. Once we knew, she was the person on the phone to Mark, we knew she would be targeted too. Immediate tension. Plus she had some kick-ass moves. And, despite myself, and so what if the electronic voice repeating "wake up" was a bit too much, I quite liked the little spirograph effect. Thanks for popping by.moreless

The team heads to Washington to get additional funding but things aren't looking good when old foes try to make sure that doesn't happen.

By Geranimous, Oct 28, 2009

When the episode started I was a bit disappointed that the crows storyline wasn't going to be a big part of the episode. But as the episode progressed I ended up liking it very much. The Clementi character was a little bit clich├ęd but the fact that she was President in her flashforward was very interesting. What I didn't like was the music towards the end of the episode. I know how choosing music you wouldn't expect in a scene can really work. But the slow motion combined with the music being totally off took almost all of the suspense out of the action sequence. But the politics were great, the acting was decent so overall it was a more than decent episode.moreless

Lame episode!

By mediasermon, Oct 27, 2009

Very disappointed episode. How stupid do they think we are? One minute Stanford is friends with the President, and the next he's blackmailing him? Totally illogical turn. And "the kiss." Television is so contrived in how they portray same sex couples. Does anyone you know talk and behave that way on a first date? Totally forced! And then the car attack. How did they get out of the car crash and explosion without a scratch on them? And all of the sudden the show becomes a music video while they shoot at the bad guys. Definitely a lame turn for what seemed to be an intriguing show. Typical network TV. I don't have the time to invest in a show that's headed for the garbage heap.moreless

Best episode so far.

By Sarah_LOST, Oct 27, 2009

Mark is questioned about his flashforward during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing. Janis ponders on how the future will make an impact on her current romantic relationship. Meanwhile, Olivia gets a tip about Mark's flashforward. With a awesome finsh of the last episode this episode starts off awesome! I loved the scene with the lie detective. I enjoyed the scene with Olivia and Aaron - was interesting. I love the scene with Mark and Standord the head of the FBI. What an awesome ending with all the shooting - best ending so far. My favourite character so far is Demetri, I love his storyline and his comments which he has every now and then.moreless

Load More Reviews