White To Play

Episode Reviews (21)

Great

Many interesting storylines intertwining!

By NormanSFletcher, Jun 07, 2013

This really builds on the storylines introduced in the Pilot. I thought the scene in the Doll Factory was very suspenseful, and well done. I am really enjoying how everything is linking together.

Wheres the action?

By AvatarBlue, Jan 04, 2011

Limited action scenes take away the intensity from an episode that should have provide more momentum towards the next schedule FF event.

Instead scenes, screenplay & dialogue mostly aim to move forwards the internal conflicts faced by each one of the main characters. There is only one plot line that is action oriented. It revolves around the clues provided by Fiennes central character, which obviously will be the breadcrumb trail throughout the series. The problem is that if the portion of action/ characterisation remains the same, there will be a real lack of appeal to continue watching this. Hopefully, this will even out and move tilt towards more action in later epsiosde. As it is - the information dump of characterisation at least keeps us moving towards the future focal point.

The real saving grace though is the tiny portion of action scenes that open up the conspiracy element of the plot, promising more revelations of who or what is involved. The final scenes where we find out what will happen to Agent Kho is a great ending, opening another set of questions up for the next installment.

I was expecting more though. There is a real need for more intensity and more intrigue. Like in 24 for instance.moreless

So Far, So Good.

By Sarah_LOST, Oct 12, 2010

Mark and Demetri go to Utah to investigate a lead on a suspect who might have a connection to the global blackout. Olivia sees the man from her flashforward, while her daughter Charlie is having trouble dealing with hers. I really enjoyed this episode, for me I think it was better than the pilot, but I'm still going to give it a 9 out of 10. Anyway, I really enjoy the storyline and the characters, so far my favourite is Demetri, gutted he gets murdered but still. I love the way that everyone links some how. I have my own little ideas to who the "person" in the baseball stadium is and other things, I'm really excited for this new show, and next weeks episode!moreless

FBI keep investigation going and find more leads,even they are still very out of it.

By pr0teu5, Jan 10, 2010

Investigation moving on,but still the leads are soo little. The Episode it self is quite will done,but sometime I think they are talking little too slow. Overall the dialogue are well done,the acting are sometime little over the top,but mostly on the "ok" level.

The main story is very intresting and it keep you lock too the screen. Also all side-story is giving screentime to moving forward,and most of them are good(atleast none are boring).

The best part about this episode for me is in the first 15min,AD.Stanford Wedeck and Mark Benford are talking about what happed the "Flash" moment. I won't take the fun of telling what is(if someone reading this hasn't see it yet),but I strongly suggest you DON'T EAT when watching this episode,you could kill your self bacause it was soo funny. I almost chock on my diner :D

Over all a good episode!moreless

The FBI investigation gets moving by following leads from the future.

By RichardDalton, Nov 06, 2009

This wasn't a bad episode. The leads from Benford's flashforward lead him to Utah where he finds other pieces of evidence that were visible in his flashforward.

The FBI agents seem to be a tad slow. The audience is about 5 steps ahead of them most of the time. Two people who had no vision of the future (and who expect they will die) walk into a dangerous situation without bullet proof vests or apparently any other precautions.

The acting isn't good, the dialogue is strained and artificial. Everything is spelled out in painful detail for an audience that already gets it and has moved on.

Still, the core idea is good, so it's worth checking out another few episodes.moreless

better than the pilot

By efc91, Oct 27, 2009

Mark and Demetri go to Utah to investigate a lead on a suspect who might have a connection to the global blackout. Olivia sees the man from her flashforward, while her daughter Charlie is having trouble dealing with hers. This was a better episode of FlashForward than the first mainly because it contained loads of character development compared to "No more good days". There also a nice scene of action and a couple of small twists. The end was somehow shocking to me and it was good to get clarificaation that Demetri may die cant wait to see how he reacts next week. Also the first scene was good because I thought it was Charlie's flashForward or something but it turned out tgo be different. Good to see more of Davenport here as well compared to last weeks single scene. Cant wait to find out who the father of Janis's baby is and again like last week I thought that Stanford brought some humour to the show. All in all better episode then last week.moreless

Charlie takes the episode

By OnePerCentClub, Oct 25, 2009

Even when we learn more about the other characters and new leads are found, Mark's daughter's kept flashforward is beginning to show. When she didn't see the man her mother saw I was kind of disappointed, but her reaction when she sees the boy was scary, as well as her revelation in the end.

I liked how Demetri is all tense when it comes to his vision and how awful he must've felt when the cop was killed. I was wondering if him and Janis are getting closer with the Mosaic Case and that will lead to a relationship, ending in him being killed and Janis being pregnant. Who knows.

It was an interesting episode, I think they were able to keep up the pace and the level of interest in both characters and plot. I really hope the can do the same in the rest of the season.moreless

Interesting plot.

By acmb, Oct 21, 2009

In this episode we see Mark and Demetri travelling to Utah to track a suspect possibly related to the global blackout. The find a strange man in a dolls warehouse but he runaways after a blowing. Thanks to the blowing Mark finds the burnt doll he saw in his flahsforward. A woman calls Demetri to tell him he'll die in March.

What happens in the warehouse is very interesting and so is when we know what was the flashforward of Mark and Olivia's daughter. It's strange that the child saw the son of the man her mother was with during her flashforward.

I have to mention the opening sequence the episode starts with, some kids lying on the ground while Charli is just looking at them.moreless

Interesting developments

By DonStants2, Oct 19, 2009

Picking up from where the previous episode left, Mark further investigates what caused the Flashforward- it was most certainly an interesting storyline, and the acting was an improvement on last weeks- the tension between Olivia and Mark was quite believable as Olivia comes face to face with the man she is supposedly having an affair with.

Demetri's fate seems quite interesting- I think thats the storyline is going to be at break neck speed. I hope we find out more soon.

The action scenes were pretty dramatic- not top notch, but still pretty good. It led to some good questions involving D Gibbons- especially with what Mark's daughter saw.

Overall, a decent second episode- good stuff, at a good pace with a decent number of questions to keep the viewer interested.moreless

The FBI investigates a name Mark recalls from his Flash-forward. While following this lead we find out that D. Gibbons is not only calling the person awake in the stadium during the blackout, but he is also known to be a very bad man by Mark's daughter.

By Geranimous, Oct 06, 2009

With this episode the series continues to build on the very strong and interesting premise. The D. Gibbons storyline proves to be very interesting for now and even though Mark's daughter isn't played by the most compelling child actor, her role in everything adds to the story. The cop from Utah that didn't see anything during the blackout getting killed puts extra pressure on Demetri. I liked how that played out. Him posting his story on the website was very believable and the call he got at the end puts him up for some hard decisions. What I really like about this episode and is that it's a great setup for more interesting things to come. I still don't see how the will be able to make multiple season. I know they said the same thing about Lost. But the Lost comparison is misplaces if you ask me.moreless

Load More Reviews