Footballers' Wives

Show Reviews (15)

Great

I hate and resent this simple minded trash.

By paulcornelius, Aug 19, 2010

Just how low brow can British TV get? Footballers' Wives may have just supplied the answer. Imagine your worst American soap opera, filled with worse acting, barely literate scripts, and the cheapest photography possible. This knuckledragging series is one step below professional wrestling.

So what made me come and write a review of this dismal tripe, which also required me to sit down and suffer through almost an entire episode? Well, it's BBC America's constant, overbearing, ear splitting promos for this garbage at the expense of other programs I want to watch. It's bad enough to realize I'm being cheated out of fourteen minutes or more of Life on Mars every week. It's worse to realize that at least eight or nine of those minutes are being stolen from me to promote this scrap.

Get this offal off the air!moreless

Guilty pleasure no1. Think Dynasty and Dallas with British flair and a whole lot of cussing and you've got footballers.

By valandra08, Aug 19, 2007

Footballers wives is a gem.If you love drama, comedy ,things that are a bit over ther top and British shows this is the show for you. There is scheming of the most ludicrous kind by all the women on the show. The 3 staples Amber Shannon and Tanya are a hoot. From Baby swaping to faked kidnappings and accidental murders, footballers has it all. The beauty of footballers though is that unlike other shows like this it moves fast and doesn't hang around on one topic soapie style. Miss an episode and you may have missed Tanya moving on to a new husband. But its not just about the women either the men get their fair share of Drama especially personal favourite Bruno Milligan! Watch a few episodes in a row and you'll be putting the accents on all week.moreless

a group of wives that are married to world known football players, the wives are hot, sexy, outstandingly **** and the best cat fights you'll ever see on tv. from sex, to drugs back to sex. with marriages every seasons and well sorted storylines.

By treehill_fan, May 02, 2007

this is a great show from the UK. i fell in love with it straight away. the storylines are great, so uterly unture but fantastic at the same time. they drag you in wanting more and more. Tanya Tuner, the best B it ch ever on tv ever. and probably the most married person on tv. it gets better every season and the new sign ins get better and hotter. Tanya Turner (Zoe Lucker) the best person on the sohw and also a great actress. the husbands are hot, fit and young. they might be pricks but you'll fall in love with them...moreless

its alright shame its gone ..

By sexci_as_can_be, Nov 21, 2006

Footballers' Wives

This program is brillient, it is so funny to see, when they plan something really good but it ends up going totally wrong me and my family find it highly hilarious .

They do think of some excellent things to kill someone or swap babies with another footballers' wife (two main episodes to me).

It does give us a little inside on what its like, the fame, the money, the guys.

BUT the size of the nails on some of the wives are appauling and things they do to get money its rediculus.

The only thing is I CANT belive its never coming back .

Your sincerly Kandice ...moreless

By haz-baz, May 23, 2006

A show where not a lot of things go as planned this show is full of murder , mystery and drama . The characters come and go ! ! ! ! ! They each have a part which they have either done well in or are doing well in ! To me it is a very interesting show that can sometimes be a bit over the top but sometimes can be a bit low in drama which sometimes make you not want to watch it the following week you are best to carry on watcing it to find out what happens next.moreless

There's nothing spectacular about this glorified British soap opera

By pinto_believer, May 01, 2006

My fiancee told me there's a show on BBC America that's like a British version of Desperate Housewives and that I just had to see it for myself.

So we made sure to set the TiVo to record it, then sat down to watch it once we had the time. I couldn't believe that she actually thought this glorified British soap opera was so amazing.

Down to the tacky music and bad acting, I might as well have been watching an episode of Days of Our Lives (albeit with British accents). I literally couldn't sit through more than 15 minutes of it.

Unfortunately, I'm not basing this opinion on only 15 minutes of viewing experience. There have been a few times since then that I heard the show in the background while working on something else (my fiancee continues to watch the show). And every time I get the same skin-crawling feeling I associate with cliche, tacky, soap-opera acting.

Don't get me wrong, my girl is a smart lady who graduated from college with a degree in computer engineering. But guys, take my word for it: This is a soap opera.moreless

I think its an decent show my best friend loves it more then i do but whenever its on i watch it

By charleycraze, Dec 15, 2005

i think this show is good its a bit OTT but its good i hope it comes back i used to watch everytime i never missed an series i wouldnt buy the dvd thats just sad but i would watch it if it came on tv i liked tanya turner the best but its sad shes gone it was good when she appeared on bad girls as bad girls is another favourite of mine if u know what i mean.

By babeandbailey, Oct 31, 2005

I love this show - when is it coming back on air? The best show ever! Ten million plus thumbs up! I look forward to Sunday nights, it's my time to relax and get lost in the show. I am definately going to buy it when it comes out on DVD! Thank you so much!

Footballers wives is very OTT and very tacky, but hell, thats why we love it

By j_m_p, Sep 13, 2005

Footballers wives is one of those shows that are so tacky and over the top. But the minute you sit see it you are glued to the screen. Not maybe because of its greatness, but because of the way it is put together, the ott storylines. The hamphrodite baby, the dog killing Tanyas baby. things that would very rarely happen, happen in this show. Which is why it is so great.

The show would probabluy appeal to people in the age -15-35 catagory but maybe not, that is just what i think. I think its a fab programme and i hope it runs for a long time yetmoreless

Load More Reviews