Great

An almost perfect show, one of Cartoon Networks best!

By mrapu18257, Aug 19, 2014

This show is one of the most funniest animated series I ever saw, that's how I see it after seeing it again for awhile. The majority of episodes work with the story, and the majority of jokes for each work very well. What really stands out about this show though are the characters, most of them are fantastic and different. Bloo is similar to Eddy from Ed, Edd n Eddy except Bloo's not in love with cash. Eduardo is shy but big, and Wilt is calm and probably has the most creative design. Coco only says one word (cocoa), but the others can actually comprehend what she says, and honestly so can I sometimes. Some of the side characters are my favorite, Cheese who is always annoying but likable, and Goo who is very hyper and also is likable. My only problems that didn't make this show perfect, is that some of the episodes are pretty bad. The other is that Mac and his brother Terrence aren't really that interesting. But that is a nitpick because my philosophy is: Having at least 1 weak character, and having the rest strong, makes a TV show balanced. Overall, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is a great show for the whole family, if you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out.moreless

This show was the shit

By Muppetman, Aug 19, 2014

Oh my god... I'm 13 and I can say that this was one of the greatest cartoons EVER. It should even be up there with those classic 90s cartoons, although I never had the chance to watch them, and I can't stay up late enough to watch them. :( but yeah. This along with ed edd and Eddie (my personal favorite cartoon) camp lazlo, chowder, code name kids next door, courage the cowardly dog show, billy and Mandy and cow and chicken are probably some of the best cartoons out there, even better then some 90s Nicktoons (sorry I was just more of a CN person and plus I didn't live in the 90s) my favorite character in the show was probably Eduardo. For being so big, he was afraid of many things, and he kind of reminded me of myself when I was a kid. This show was pure entertainment, creative characters, and a very relatable plot to some kids who give up their imaginary friends for good, showing an actual realistic plot. (Yeah I'm looking at u Johnny Test) I remember when I was a little kid, in lbi I would sit in this little bedroom and watch this show on a crappy tv. So damn nostalgic. Anyway if ur looking for a good tv show, this show is a must

moreless

Best Cartoon Network original ever.

By Oldnickolodeon34, Aug 15, 2014

In honor of this shows 10th anniversary (August 14th, 2004), I have decided to review the show itself. This is definitely one of the most original and creative shows that I've ever seen. Foster's was about a 8 year old kid named Mac who is forced to give up his imaginary friend by his mom because he got too old to own an imaginary friend. So Mac sends Bloo to a foster home called Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, a foster home that consists of a variety of imaginary friends that the owners can visit any time they want.

The creator does a wonderful job at keeping the characters unique and maintaining their likability. Mac is a kind hearted child who wants everything to go good. Bloo is the exact opposite of Mac, instead Bloo is a goofball who causes chaos in things he does, but they can also keep him likeable and funny. Wilt is the tall and kind guy who doesn't get mad easily.

Eduardo is a bit of a coward, but he has a huge heart of gold. Coco is a palm tree bird who can only say her name, but has a unique talent to lay eggs with cool and useful items in them. Frankie is the caregiver at fosters and does a good job at keeping everything in order and making sure everything goes right. Mr. Herriman is a little bossy, but at least he knows whats right for the home. Madame Foster is a sweet old lady who has the energy to live life at the fullest. Each character brings in their own type of humor that is garunteed to make you laugh, and there are plenty of funny moments to go around in most of the episodes. The animation flows very smoothly and doesn't have a choppy feeling to it. The artwork is superb, with the characters being designed beautifully, and the set designs look really creative.

There were a few bad episodes worth passing up, such as Everybody Knows Its Bendy, Where There's A Wilt There's A Way and the disappointing series finale, Goodbye to Bloo, so those are worth avoiding, but other than that, I highly recommend this series to anyone, it is a classic to behold. With it's memorable characters, creative storylines, clever humor and unique feel, Foster's will sink in history as one of the greatest shows ever made. I was saddened when the series ended, but the episodes that aired when the shows was about to end felt pretty dull and lacked the charm the previous episodes had, so maybe Craig McCracken thought it was a good idea to end the series before it would go downhill.moreless

It was amazeballs of a show .....

By dannymillar186, Aug 01, 2014

The last real Cartoon Network show............... I miss this show muuuuuuch!

This show managed to keep Cartoon Network alfoat

By Girlygeek43, Apr 13, 2014

Now this is how shows are done. While CN was going through it's MTV esque slump I was pleased that this show managed to keep the network a float for a while before more hit shows came to save it. And it managed to keep CN alive for a good reason, the writing is good, the animation is good, the voice acting is good, and it's really original. It seems that Craig McKraken knows how to stay original when it comes to animation, despite being the creator for PPG. Even though the show had its occasional hiccups, it's still a good show.moreless

Good program for all ages

By JuanGray, Mar 24, 2014

This is a nice clean show for children,I must say I miss it myself

This was the last great Cartoon Network original show.

By Orca36, Mar 04, 2014

Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends was the last Cartoon Cartoon. It was also the last Cartoon Network show that was really awesome. A show like this had never been made before. Foster's was a completely original cartoon. The animation was beautiful, the characters were cool and funny, and the adventures they went on were really good also. It was amazing, but considering this was created by the same people who made Dexter's Laboratory and Powerpuff Girls, its no surprise that Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends turned out to be good also.

The characters were both cool and funny (oh wait, I already said that. Oh well). Mac is a really nice kid who cares deeply for Bloo, his imaginary friend. Bloo, he can be pretty arrogant and self-centered, but he's also one of the show's funniest characters. Wilt is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. As well as Eduardo, whose appearence to people gives the wrong impression, as he's real nice but also pretty cowardly. Coco, well all she says is "Coco". Frankie is really funny as well, especially when her and Mr. Herriman argue. Madame Foster is awesome as well. But the funniest character is by far Cheese. He's just hysterrical, if also a little annoying. In a way, Cheese reminds me a lot of GIR from Invader Zim. As their both cute, dumb and really funny.

Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends is amazing, but its not perfect. The show was starting to go a little downhill in the last season, and the series finale, Goodbye to Bloo, wasn't good at all. In fact, it's probably one of the worst finales for an animated show I've ever seen. But apart from that, the rest of the series, and both movies, were awesome. Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends is an original classic. By far one of the best shows to hit Cartoon Network, and probably one of the best cartoons ever made.moreless

Not as good as Ed, Edd n' Eddy

By Aaran24, Jan 16, 2014

But still a show that should never be forgotten.

AWESOME SHOW!!!! ONE OF MY FAVORITES AND CN'S BEST!!!!!

By fosterfan123, Oct 29, 2013

Craig mcracken who worken on great shows like powerpuff girls and dexter's lab, created another great show is 2004. Now, 2004 was not a good year for cartoon network. Most of the cartoon cartoons got canceled and were replaced by bland shows like atomic betty and baby looney tunes. Honestly, I thought that the network was going downhill, until I saw this show. At first, I thought this show was going to suck because of the annoying and childish commercials. But I finally gave it a chance, and boy was I impressed. The shows was really hilarious. The characters actually all had unique and different personalities and the art style was really beautiful. The episodes are well written and are enjoyable for kids and adults. The only episode I hated was the bendy episode, but let's face it, even the hardcore fans hated that episode. And the goofball episode and the episode were the house throws mac a surprise party were neither good nor bad. While they were mean spirited to the max, they also had some great jokes.

Also, I kinda agree with supermariobros11, this show was way better than my little pony. But my little pony is actually not a bad show. It's actually GOOD if you get past the girly nature of the show..

But back on topic, this show is amazing and it definitely deserved to be a cartoon cartoon instead of that stupid robot jones show that nobody remembers. Yes, it's THAT good. If you haven't seen this show, go watch it. If you get past the childish premise, it's actually a really awesome show.

I LUV U CRAIG MCRACKEN XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD !!!!!moreless

This was replaced by MLP?

By SuperMarioBros11, Sep 27, 2013

Okay, this is a good show, but it's sad it got cancelled. But it got replaced by a terrible show, aka MLP. Seriously, don't watch MLP and watch this.

Load More Reviews