Four Kings

Show Reviews (42)

Great

I didn't like it... but... i did watch all the eps!

By mikrusiec, Apr 01, 2007

Girls will enjoy because is four cute guys... their adventures, love and lifestyle!

Guys might not like because... well, gorgeous women almost never show up ... so ... And if you're wondering about the plot.. nothing new and not exactly clever... kinda boring actually!

My advice?? How about some simple jokes, we all love! And let's face it... a show withou a beautiful woman? Is not a real show right? Or a gay guy? Gays are always fun!

But besides that... didn't u just love SETH GREEN's back? He's shorter than ever, but give him a break! I mean, he's OZ from Buffy!moreless

How this show ever got on the air, let alone how it lasted SEVEN WHOLE EPISODES, is a mystery!

By Jossfiend, Dec 23, 2006

Undoubtedly the worst show I have ever seen. I rated it a 1.0 rather than 0.0 because the system woulnt let me give it a 0.0, and because, somewhere in the world, there might be or have been a somewhat worse show--even 7th Heaven had some good moments, for cryin out loud! Seth Green can be an appealing actor, and the others might be, if given a chance with a teleplay that showed so much as one one-hundredth of a miligram of subtlety, maturity, or even farce. Four guys who went to high school together are rooming together as young adults, and hilarity comes nowhere close to ensuing. I gave up after the first 15 minutes of the first episode. Those are 15 minutes of my life I will never get back.moreless

I thought that the show was incredibly funny and the cast was perfect. Even the adorable kids matched their counterpart!!!! I will keep watching!!!!

By tamarathorne, Oct 17, 2006

Fantastic!!!! Great Cast!!!! Funny Show!!!!The show was completely original. The scenes were well put together and the show will be a great hit. Seth Green is always entertaining and the new cast members show great potential. NBC has a winner. The flashback scenes were warm and brought the show all together. So many people point out the negative parts in the show but I stand above everyone when I say AMAZING!!

An above average comedy about a group of brothers/friends.

By OtisBrotis, May 09, 2006

I hope this shows comes back next season. It is an above average comedy about a group of brothers/friends. the show satrs Shane McRae as Bobby, Josh Cooke as Ben, Seth Green as Barry and Todd Grinnell as Jason. I can't remember which are brothers and which are friends, or maybe they are all just friends, I just can't remember. There is something about an old lady calling them her "four kings" when they were all kids. Seth Green is really funny as usual and the writing is above average. I don't see it winning any emmy's but there are a lot of worse shows on the air.

moreless

Even though I absolutely love Seth Green (and the rest of the boys are also well cast) I’m not above admitting the pilot sucked. The 2nd episode got a few laughs (especially Green all dolled up by his girlfriend’s evil little twins...)

By Pinkkate123, May 04, 2006

Even though I absolutely love Seth Green (and the rest of the boys are also well cast) I'm not above admitting the pilot was not all that good. It seemed to pick up a little in the second episode (especially Green all dolled up by his girlfriend's evil little twins...please, let’s beg to see more of them!!). And in the next episode I have to admit that the "chest" game made me giggle a little even though it was a bit immature. I love Shane McRae as Bobby, his childlike intelligence is sometimes overshadowed by hilarious brilliance (point in case, trying to keep his buddy Jason from picking up a woman Jason says: "Sorry, there's no way you can screw this one up. She doesn't speak English." To which Bobby replies, "Oh but love is the same in every language." And plants a nice big wet one on Jason's cheek, scaring off his suitor). Todd Grinnell is pretty decent as Jason, the smart one of the group (or at least "job-oriented"). He's still got some room to grow and settle into what kind of person Jason really is. And Josh Cooke as Ben is as sweet as he could be. He's got those puppy dog eyes and is just too caring for his own good. With the right direction and decent writing' "Kings" has the potential to grow into a really good comedy.moreless

Not a bad comedy, not sure if it's coming back or not.

By vicmackey31, May 04, 2006

An above average comedy. I can take it or leave it. This is the type of show that everyone really needs to just watch for themselves to decide. Have you ever been watching a show and have somebody ask you a question that made you wonder if you were watching the same program? Well, this is one of those shows for me. It's like I'm thinking about it differently than other people. Then you have the people that say "It's not funny if you have to explain it." While that is true sometimes, it is also true that sometimes the viewer just "doesn't get it." I hate shows that have to "dumb things down" because of how some people perceive it. This one isn't dumbed down too much. Seth green is pretty funny.moreless

I thought the Show had all the makings of a classic, but I guess that too many people thought it was too much like other shows.

By yankees3, May 01, 2006

When I watched the first Episode, and was not impressed. Then I decided to give it another shot. And after watching the second episode I was in love with the show. I thought that the characters were classic, yes similar characters have existed in the past, and in many ways they are all shelf characters, but they were written amazingly. I continued to watch; always when it ended I wanted more. But when I found out it was cancelled, I was crushed, but I thought that although the last episode aired gave no closure, it was by far the best. I think that many people after watched the first episode they felt as I did, but never watched again, because all the people I know who watched thought that the show was glorious, but I think the show was just never given a shot. And shows are not judged by quality by the network exects, but by the number of viewers. And if nobody watches, they can't keep it on.moreless

NBC did a horrible job of advertising the show's return after the hiatus during the Olympics.

By xtakeiteasybaby, Apr 15, 2006

The first few episodes did really well as far as ratings go. Personally, I had a countdown for weeks before the premiere of the first episode. I caught every episode, and just barely caught the one after the haitus. I was flipping through the channels and I saw that it was coming on in five minutes, and spazzed out.

I started watching the show for Seth Green. But his character was kind of a douchebag, as cute as he was, so I stayed around for Shane McRae, who played Bobby.

I loved them all, really, and to be honest, I'm quite depressed that it's been cancelled. Why, NBC, why?moreless

BRING BACK 4 KINGS

By sarah107, Apr 14, 2006

I cannot believe that NBC cancelled Four Kings,,it is one of the funniest shows I have seen in a long time..I loved it..one of the few shows that keeps you laughing the whole time..I would much rather see that than My Name Is Earl repeats.should definitely be brought back ...

Load More Reviews