Foyle's War

Show Reviews (17)

Great

HIGH CASTLE 2015

By KARESTENS, Jul 12, 2015

Glad to see Kitchen, Weeks, and Haddington back on screen, The writing on this episode was terrible. The opening was confusing - couldn't figure out what these boys were up to. Didn't find out until close to the end. All the other seasons were so perfect - what happened? I can only hope the next two will be better.

More Episodes of Foyle's War Please

By TV-com_fan, Feb 24, 2014

We were pleased to see the latest series (2013), they were excellent. We now can only hope that there will be future episodes.

Whither #8...

By paintcan, Jan 26, 2014

When does season number 8 begin? My local PBS gives no information about that detail.

Foyle's War is Wonderful

By Cocoa5k, Jul 16, 2013

I did not hear about Foyle's War when it was originally running. I discovered it on Netflix. I have watched the whole series (through set 7) and think it is a wonderful show. It is much more cerebral than crime dramas in the US that are all blood and gore shootem ups. The characters were very good as were the actors who played them. I also like seeing how the British lived during the war. The countryside was beautiful and the old cars were really something. I looking forward to seeing the three new episodes. I caught a couple of errors: Fort Benning is in Georgia, not Virginia. What happened to Andrew? It looked like he and Sam were going to get together and then he disappeared and the next show she meets Adam. I liked Andrew's character better.moreless

Best Series on TV

By MegSimpson, Jul 01, 2013

So glad they brought back another season! Without question, the best thing on Canadian TV (The series s aired on TVO here). My only criticism is Sam's choice of husband - somehow, he just doesn't seem like the type Sam would marry - definitely thought Andrew would have been perfect. Agree with the last comment "desperately dull".

What happened to Andrew?

By ctwoking, Apr 08, 2013

The latest series was ruined by the lack of continuity from the previous one. At the end of the war, Sam got engaged to Foyle's dashing pilot son Andrew. Yet here she is, married to the worthy but desperately dull Adam Wainwright.

So what happened to Andrew?

Almost perfect

By DavidMitchell11, Apr 01, 2013

When something is this good it will of course simply come down to a bit of nit picking. I missed the Routemaster bus as I suspect did 99.99% of the audience but there were a couple of things I picked up on. Correct me someone please, if I'm wrong.

A common fault of British series that have an eye on American sales, and who can blame them for that, is the introduction of American words and phrases that might have passed into common use in 2013 but hadn't over 60 years ago when these stories are set. Compared to many this production is an Americanism free zone.

However, as far as I can remember, the table used by the night staff on a Nightingale style hospital ward of the time would not have a plaque on it saying 'Nurses Station' and British military establishments did not have any areas described as 'Off Limits'.

Just little things but they show how closely we're watching and I for one can't wait for the next episode.

As for the excessive number of commercial breaks, you can reduce any 2 hour programme on ITV to about 95 minutes by recording it on your PVR, for instance a Sky + box, and fast forwarding through the breaks. Keeps you sane and gives you back 25 minutes to do something else with. Simples. (Oops, its those adverts again)moreless

Keep it comming, more spy hunting please.

By bloodknock, Apr 01, 2013

This is by far the best series that ITV have screened in the past few years, This new twist MI5 is inspired, the story lines are great, this is so Le Carre, the good old commie spy hunting game. I love it. More power to your elbows.

Michael Kitchen is brilliant in the role of Foyle, the casting is great.

Ignore the public transport anoraks and their little note books and pencils, overall the period work is great.

Someone else noticed the bus!

By colinsouth5, Mar 31, 2013

Such a pity that this high quality series should have such poor research into the props. The Routemaster London bus, that drove through at least 2 scenes, didn't enter service until the 1960's! Do the researchers know how to use Google!

Apart from that I thoroughly enjoyed it, an excellent way of progressing the character, given his history.

24/03/2013 ep 1

By roysie64, Mar 25, 2013

1945-1946.... no ROUTEMASTER buses .. only RT, STL or Trollybuses.. Shame Foyle couldn't work that out ?

Load More Reviews