Foyle's War

Show Reviews (16)

Great

More Episodes of Foyle's War Please

By TV-com_fan, Feb 24, 2014

We were pleased to see the latest series (2013), they were excellent. We now can only hope that there will be future episodes.

Whither #8...

By paintcan, Jan 26, 2014

When does season number 8 begin? My local PBS gives no information about that detail.

Foyle's War is Wonderful

By Cocoa5k, Jul 16, 2013

I did not hear about Foyle's War when it was originally running. I discovered it on Netflix. I have watched the whole series (through set 7) and think it is a wonderful show. It is much more cerebral than crime dramas in the US that are all blood and gore shootem ups. The characters were very good as were the actors who played them. I also like seeing how the British lived during the war. The countryside was beautiful and the old cars were really something. I looking forward to seeing the three new episodes. I caught a couple of errors: Fort Benning is in Georgia, not Virginia. What happened to Andrew? It looked like he and Sam were going to get together and then he disappeared and the next show she meets Adam. I liked Andrew's character better.moreless

Best Series on TV

By MegSimpson, Jul 01, 2013

So glad they brought back another season! Without question, the best thing on Canadian TV (The series s aired on TVO here). My only criticism is Sam's choice of husband - somehow, he just doesn't seem like the type Sam would marry - definitely thought Andrew would have been perfect. Agree with the last comment "desperately dull".

What happened to Andrew?

By ctwoking, Apr 08, 2013

The latest series was ruined by the lack of continuity from the previous one. At the end of the war, Sam got engaged to Foyle's dashing pilot son Andrew. Yet here she is, married to the worthy but desperately dull Adam Wainwright.

So what happened to Andrew?

Keep it comming, more spy hunting please.

By bloodknock, Apr 01, 2013

This is by far the best series that ITV have screened in the past few years, This new twist MI5 is inspired, the story lines are great, this is so Le Carre, the good old commie spy hunting game. I love it. More power to your elbows.

Michael Kitchen is brilliant in the role of Foyle, the casting is great.

Ignore the public transport anoraks and their little note books and pencils, overall the period work is great.

Someone else noticed the bus!

By colinsouth5, Mar 31, 2013

Such a pity that this high quality series should have such poor research into the props. The Routemaster London bus, that drove through at least 2 scenes, didn't enter service until the 1960's! Do the researchers know how to use Google!

Apart from that I thoroughly enjoyed it, an excellent way of progressing the character, given his history.

24/03/2013 ep 1

By roysie64, Mar 25, 2013

1945-1946.... no ROUTEMASTER buses .. only RT, STL or Trollybuses.. Shame Foyle couldn't work that out ?

Spoiled

By stonners, Mar 24, 2013

Ruined by so many advert breaks - such a shame as this could have been a classic. By the way, Routemaster buses were not introduced until the early 60s

Load More Reviews