Crock Tales

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

Pretty good for a flashback ep

By FrasierFreak264, Feb 09, 2011

First of all, I am not a fan of many flashback episodes, but they did this with a new twist and made all the material new. It's nice to know that Frasier hasn't forgetten it's own saga as they basically review the timeline while simultaneously giving us a few more anecdotes that we can inject to the past.

Yes, those wigs are terribly innaccurate (seeing as Roz nor Daphne NEVER had jet black hair) and the years are off, but it gives a general time-frame that reminds you of Frasier's history. Maybe I am unconventional, but this episode is excellent in my mind.moreless

Flashbacks involving a crock pot

By DonnyDonson, Feb 09, 2011

Bad episode that does nothing to move on the final season to its conclusion. The whole season the viewer is aware that it's the last but certain episodes are simply fillers so you get the feeling that the last couple of episodes are going to be rushed. Plus everyone is given some RIDICULOUS wigs to wear - when did Roz or Daphne EVER have hair like that?!! It's something you cannot really get past - surely all the make-up team had to do was restyle the actors a little, it just looks appalling. Unnecessary show and definitely the worst in the entire Frasier catalogue.moreless

The show honors the past

By JonahFalcon, Jan 23, 2009

The producers stated that they wanted to recap the series, but didn't want to create a lazy clip show - so they shot all-new scenes from the past.

While the continuity of the new scenes are off, the spririt is there, as Frasier looks back on the ages and realizes how lucky he is. The crock pot was there for all of Frasier's meals with his family and Roz, and has become a real part of the family. The final scene in which Frasier decides that the crock should have an honored place at the table is moving (though it certainly can't hold water anymore.)

The episode also has the air of a show getting ready to end as well - there's the feel of finality, of savoring everything about the show (another reason to revisit the past) - it's the penultimate episode, and it shows. Watching the episode first-run brought a lump to many a throat, seeing the calendar and knowing the series was almost concluded.

Crock Tales is a personal favorite.moreless