Goodnight, Seattle (2)

Episode Reviews (7)

Superb

Oh dear!

By NotFamous1982, Nov 30, 2011

Now when Frasier first came on it was a fairly clever comedy. Intelligent jokes, a neurotic pair of psychiatrists, and of course Eddie. It ran for 11 years which, having watched this episode was clearly too long a run.

For such a clever written and funny show this is a mish mash of events. Roz gets sweeeped to the side (not that this didn't happen throughout the run) with a ludicrous 'oh your in charge of the radio station now' story - they could have done better there. Daphne gives birth at the vets, granted funny but more trash humour than Frasier humour.

Having said this though I do like the will he won't he end.......some small saving graces I guess. All in all Friends was a much better end.moreless

The best series finale ever

By Manolito71, May 14, 2011

I mean it!

Nothing could've made this better. Nothing "closes". Everything moves on.

Martin gets married, Niles and Daphne have a child, Roz has a promotion, Frasier grows a pair and pursues the one relationship he hasn't picked and proded beyond recognition.

I love that we don't know about this last piece of information until the very last minute of the show. The surprise of it all, the delight of knowing and not knowing. We don't know that she's there for him, we don't know if he'll be alright. We don't know...but we do. At least we hope we do because we want this old kid to settle down and be happy, finally.

I miss you Frasiermoreless

Goodbye Frasier.

By dmarex, Apr 09, 2010

So, once again, another show ends. It's bittersweet for me because I've been watching quite a few shows, and this was a very long journey full of laughs, drama and overall great fun. I will always remember Frasier, his family and friends.

The last episode was very good for me. I didn't expect something of way too much quality, because I always loved this show no matter what. Daphne giving birth at the vets was fine; maybe it felt a bit rushed, but overall it provided great scenes. I even like the fact that Roz became the new station manager, and that Frasier realized that he has to move on.

It was almost as if I felt what he was feeling when he was left alone in the apartment realizing that Martin and Niles both had their lives full, while he had no one. That's why I like that his plane landed in Chicago. The goodbyes were bittersweet. I will miss Frasier - but I guess I'll always have my DVDs to turn to when I need a doze of quality humor.moreless

Awesome ending

By aussieforgood, Mar 01, 2006

The finale to Fraiser was truly great, even though most of the episodes in the final season bored me the final 2 episodes more than made up that.

Fraiser finally finds true love but she's leaving for Chicago & he for San Fransisco, but I'm glad he chose love over fame & fortune.

Niles is finally happy when his family is completed with the birth of his son, David. (On Eddie's birthday!)

Roz finally gets the promotion she's been waiting for all these years (and Noel finally gets the kiss he's been waiting for from Roz)

Marty finally gets married.

Even though I'm glad Fraiser found the love of his life I always expected him & Roz to hook up in the end.moreless

Another classic show gone :(

By Pinkmyst, Jan 30, 2006

Well this is the end of another classic show that lasted 11 seasons.

It was a well rounded final in that it answered many questions and closed many storylines that have been ongoing for the show.

Frasier is startng a new chapter in his life as is everyone else on the show.

I can see a reunion special appearing in a few years.

One of television's best finales

By FrasierFreak264, Dec 13, 2005

"Goodnight, Seattle" is a culmination of not only the series but also ties ends with the events that have transpired over the final season. Although many people speculated the finale to be very poor, like most shows, it was actually quite the opposite. It had all the characteristics of a typical finale (i.e. a birth and a wedding) without being cheesy or over-the-top. In true Frasier fashion, it was done with dignity and grace. It's a nice, tidy ending that isn't vague and a person can imagine in his or her own head what just may happen next. Everyone recieved a proper new chapter in their life and I was actually very pleased how everything ended up.

It was quite special to see Martin remarry a woman he truly loves. The final milestone in the Niles/Daphne saga was set with the birth of their first child, David. Roz got her long-awaited and well-deserved promotion. And of course, Frasier chooses love over money as he decides to follow Charlotte to Chicago instead of taking the lucrative job in San Francisco. It's nice to know that he will start over just as he did 11 years ago. It makes me feel as if we've seen everything that there was to see during his whole time in Seattle. The finale is really a tearjerker at heart and I couldn't help but shed a tear when Frasier was quoting "Ulysess." This is truly one of the best finales ever.moreless