Goodnight, Seattle (2)

Episode Reviews (7)

Superb

Oh dear!

By NotFamous1982, Nov 30, 2011

Now when Frasier first came on it was a fairly clever comedy. Intelligent jokes, a neurotic pair of psychiatrists, and of course Eddie. It ran for 11 years which, having watched this episode was clearly too long a run.

For such a clever written and funny show this is a mish mash of events. Roz gets sweeeped to the side (not that this didn't happen throughout the run) with a ludicrous 'oh your in charge of the radio station now' story - they could have done better there. Daphne gives birth at the vets, granted funny but more trash humour than Frasier humour.

Having said this though I do like the will he won't he end.......some small saving graces I guess. All in all Friends was a much better end.moreless

Though not as good as some finales that I have seen before, I will always hold this episode very close to my heart.

By howesyboi, Jun 21, 2011

This episode, while I do not think it was the best episode of Frasier, was definitely one of the most memorable.

The one thing that truly made this episode shine was the progression of the characters. Martin's marriage, Daphne and Niles' child and Roz's new job showed just how much these characters' lives have been affected (positively, of course) by Frasier. Niles would never have met Daphne, Martin would never have met Ronnie, and they would never have been as happy as they are now. Also, his goodbyes to the family, where each character tries to be the person they were in the first few series (Martin's awkward jokes, Niles' stiff handshake and Roz's quick acceptance of the facts) while their true feelings are clearly breaking out is truly heart-warming. In particular, the tears in Martin's eyes as he says goodbye to the son who has loved and cared for him for eleven years, as opposed to his original gruffness brought tears to my eyes, along with Niles' final line 'I'll miss the coffees'.

Indeed, I will always remember this episode as the one where everything and everyone turned out fine, because of Frasier.moreless

The best series finale ever

By Manolito71, May 14, 2011

I mean it!

Nothing could've made this better. Nothing "closes". Everything moves on.

Martin gets married, Niles and Daphne have a child, Roz has a promotion, Frasier grows a pair and pursues the one relationship he hasn't picked and proded beyond recognition.

I love that we don't know about this last piece of information until the very last minute of the show. The surprise of it all, the delight of knowing and not knowing. We don't know that she's there for him, we don't know if he'll be alright. We don't know...but we do. At least we hope we do because we want this old kid to settle down and be happy, finally.

I miss you Frasiermoreless

Awesome ending

By aussieforgood, Mar 01, 2006

The finale to Fraiser was truly great, even though most of the episodes in the final season bored me the final 2 episodes more than made up that.

Fraiser finally finds true love but she's leaving for Chicago & he for San Fransisco, but I'm glad he chose love over fame & fortune.

Niles is finally happy when his family is completed with the birth of his son, David. (On Eddie's birthday!)

Roz finally gets the promotion she's been waiting for all these years (and Noel finally gets the kiss he's been waiting for from Roz)

Marty finally gets married.

Even though I'm glad Fraiser found the love of his life I always expected him & Roz to hook up in the end.moreless

Another classic show gone :(

By Pinkmyst, Jan 30, 2006

Well this is the end of another classic show that lasted 11 seasons.

It was a well rounded final in that it answered many questions and closed many storylines that have been ongoing for the show.

Frasier is startng a new chapter in his life as is everyone else on the show.

I can see a reunion special appearing in a few years.

One of television's best finales

By FrasierFreak264, Dec 13, 2005

"Goodnight, Seattle" is a culmination of not only the series but also ties ends with the events that have transpired over the final season. Although many people speculated the finale to be very poor, like most shows, it was actually quite the opposite. It had all the characteristics of a typical finale (i.e. a birth and a wedding) without being cheesy or over-the-top. In true Frasier fashion, it was done with dignity and grace. It's a nice, tidy ending that isn't vague and a person can imagine in his or her own head what just may happen next. Everyone recieved a proper new chapter in their life and I was actually very pleased how everything ended up.

It was quite special to see Martin remarry a woman he truly loves. The final milestone in the Niles/Daphne saga was set with the birth of their first child, David. Roz got her long-awaited and well-deserved promotion. And of course, Frasier chooses love over money as he decides to follow Charlotte to Chicago instead of taking the lucrative job in San Francisco. It's nice to know that he will start over just as he did 11 years ago. It makes me feel as if we've seen everything that there was to see during his whole time in Seattle. The finale is really a tearjerker at heart and I couldn't help but shed a tear when Frasier was quoting "Ulysess." This is truly one of the best finales ever.moreless