Our Father Whose Art Ain't Heaven

Episode Reviews (3)

Favourite Episode

By DonnyDonson, Mar 22, 2015

This I believe is Kelsey Grammer's favourite episode and I would say is mine. Martin wants to do something nice for Frasier and so buys him a painting at a restaurant that Frasier insincerely told the manager he liked, to get a good table. He also buys something for Niles which Niles turns down - although Martin takes this rejection well he doesn't when Frasier admits he dislikes the picture. Niles is also trying to arrange a party and Maris is stealing all his guests away for her own date-clashing do. The scenes culminate in Martin, Frasier and Niles all crying in a brilliantly funny scene. Most episodes have a standout performance of one person, but here you have Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney all at the top of their game, which is why I have chosen it.moreless

Martin buys a painting for Frasier.

By Bountyhunterc28, May 01, 2007

Martin who misinterprets Frasier's comments about a painting, and buys it for him, of course Frasier doesn't like it, but is to afraid to teal his father that, in fear that he will hurt his feelings, Its not until Niles tells Martin that the wine rack he bought him doesn't go with his apartment, does Frasier get the courage to tell his dad what he thinks of the painting.

My favorite part of the episode was after Frasier told Martin that he didn't like the painting, that Martin started crying, then Frasier started crying because he made Martin cry, then Niles started crying stating that no one will come to his party. The whole scene was hilarious.

Frasier even takes time to study the painting, maybe even like it, but no such luck.moreless