Frasier

Show Reviews (142)

Superb

rasier TV Series

By sherrisanchez3, Jan 03, 2014

Y'All make me so sick I cannot stand it. I had to endure a year of your reruns on Hallmark Channel thing something different would be there. Well, it is obvious nobody else wants you either and now I am stuck with you another year. Go bury all yourselves along with

too much credits

By 4546, Dec 12, 2013

Don't watch this show.

hidden affair

By kathwi4, Nov 06, 2013

i really surprisingly laugh and enjoy a show for the 3 time. that's rare. the other 2 are Archie and Raymond

Frasier

By Empire_Down, Dec 27, 2012

Frasier is a great show. Frasier Crane wasn't the most entertaining or popular character from Cheers, and thinking back of things like The Tortellis and the cast of Cheers, Frasier appeared to have the least potential for a spin off series. But fortunately, brilliant writing gave the character a whole new life and for most of the nineties, I am eternally grateful for the Frasier-Cheers-Seinfeld triumvirate that easily outshines most of the shows on TV in the subsequent years.

Frasier was not without it's faults and retcons, in particular Martin being described in Cheers as a Scientist and dead, as well as Nancy Marchand guest starring as Hester Crane back in the 80's. The stand out for me, was always Niles. Niles was quite simply brilliant. His psychosomatic illnesses, phobias, his elitism, and his bizarre wives and just the way Niles saw the world was great.

Although the show lacked the freshness towards the later years, and the Daphne-Niles will they/won't they came to a predictable conclusion, Characters like Gertrude Moon and Kirby long outstayed their unfunny welcomes.

Frasier itself could've been better in a number of different ways, but without it, TV in the 90's would never be the same. Echoes of not dumbing down to an audience can still be found in TV today, and though Frasier neither invented high brow comedy, nor got too slapsticky it was a brilliant blend of comedy and culture, especially going against the everyman type characters that are prominent in TV shows at the time.moreless

Crap comedy

By Vendetta, Oct 29, 2012

I wake up to a lovely sunny day in my grandmother's house; the birds are singing and the sun is shining. I'm happy. Watching the news is nice, it gives you the updates on what's happening all over the world. Then my grandma comes in. She sits down, grabs the TV remote and to her joy, discovers that Frasier is on. The skies outside darken, the birds stop singing and thunder comes rolling and lightening flashes. My happiness is drenched. You see, the thing was I'd been hoping to have a nice peaceful morning without having to suffer from watching Frasier, which has to be one of the lamest comedies on the planet. Even with the subtitles on (I'm partially deaf) I don't see the humour in the show. Yes, I might have laughed at the poor comedy attempts but that's just about it. Never have I found a comedy less funny than Frasier. By my standards it's appalling.

moreless

Outrageously funny

By TheocharisTel, Jun 20, 2012

People might often think that this type of show isn't really their cup of tea. It's too high brow. These were my thoughts exactly but when I started watching it I found myself laughing through every joke. The main reason for this is Martin. Martin unlike his sons, is a simpler guy who often enjoys making wise-ass remarks about their way of life. Believe me, this show is for everyone. It's indeed a classic.

Daphney Moon

By adonica1, Mar 05, 2012

Was Daph prego during season 8? I notice that the wardrobe stylist was dressing her in big clothes as if they wore trying to hide her belly...Well after doing some research , I answered my own question . During the season in 2000-2001she became prego and they wrote in the script as Daphne gaining weight... I just love this show.

A classic.

By dmarex, Sep 15, 2010

In the 11 years that it aired, "Fraiser" became one of the most loved sitcoms of my life. I never watched "Cheers" and didn't had the basis for this character, but I don't think that it even matters. For 11 seasons, I laughed to these people that were so complex yet so funny.

I won't talk about every actor now, because they were all amazing in their roles. I didn't find anything lacking, to be real. Frasier was amazing with his "holier-than-thou" attitude, and in pair with his brother Niles they were just hilarious. Each of their escapades in the world of quality wine, theater or opera was too funny for words. To bring in the balance, their father represented the world of "ordinary" people. The constant clashing between the three provided so many wonderful scenes that I can't even count.

Along with them was quirky cleaning lady Daphne whos stories were legendary; and Frasier's producer Roz, with her sexual happenings. Really, just thinking about all of these characters brings a smile to my face.

I loved the development of the show, with Niles "secretly" loving Daphne up to a point where it hurt, to Daphne being completely oblivious, to Frasier's radio station filled with crazy characters, and even Martin's dog Eddie.

I do agree that the show lost some of its originality after season 7, but there was never an episode that I hated, nor did the show lose credit in my mind because of it. This is truly an original show, and will revisit it sometime in the future.moreless

a really classic comedy

By cube2k8, May 07, 2010

the show is fraiser and its about a sycitrist who has a radio show and that has been divorced twice . and a cop that was injured in the line of duty has to move in with him. and fraiser who enjoys lucury like fine sugars and all nice future has to deal with recliners that have taped all over them and other sorts. but it is a realll y funny and i saw all the eps of the show and have some of the boxsets i think it was also a genious show that last quite abit . and i gave it a 8 and i think it deservies it.moreless

Load More Reviews