Room Service

Episode Reviews (2)

Superb

Lilith returns, but this time it isn't Frasier who succumbs...

By jamoon2006, May 31, 2011

This is one of my all-time favorite episodes of "Frasier." It boasts an appearance from the always-welcome Bebe Neuwirth as Lilith and also has one of the show's funniest moments when we learn that Niles and Lilith have slept together.

The revelation the next morning allows David Hyde Pierce to do frantic hysteria as only he can and offers up some classic "Frasier" farce when Frasier arrives at their hotel room, and Niles attempts to hide. The revelation that Lilith's husband has left her for another man and Lilith's reaction to seeing Roz pregnant also elicit some biting remarks from all of the cast. Best is Neuwirth's exclamation, "Oh, it's Frasier's fun loving producer. Who has evidently had too much fun, loving."

But, like all the best episodes of "Frasier," the episode balances the guffaws with some genuinely touching emotional moments. The final scene between Frasier and Niles, after Frasier has learned what has happened, makes me almost forget that they are actors, and not actual brothers. Niles' question to Frasier, "Are we alright?" and Frasier's response "We will be" is so wonderfully acted by Grammer and Pierce, it says so much more than the few words ever could.moreless