Sliding Frasiers

Episode Reviews (3)

Superb

"I wonder if I'll ever see another unmentionable" / "Tonight, I have a date with an angel!" ....

By uk6strings, Jun 02, 2009

An odd turn for Frasier, season eight episode "Sliding Frasiers" takes a look at alternate realities. Woah! Alternate realities? That's Star Trek fare! Well, maybe - but this unique episode in the Frasier series is very well written and absolutely hilarious, with themes regarding fate and how the smallest choices we make can have a great impact on our lives.

The choice that Frasier has to make? Wearing a sweater or a suit to a speed-dating event. The sweater puts him on the fast track to a night speed-dating and depression while the suit gets him into a relationship with the clumsy but striking Monica (played by then-future NYPD regular Charlotte Ross).

I'm biased towards Frasier because it is my all-time favorite TV show - but I find the vast majority of Frasier episodes laugh-out-loud hilarious. "Sliding Frasiers" is no exception; in fact it is one of the greatest Frasier episodes from season eight and one of the most memorable of the series. The jokes in "Sliding Frasiers" are as smart and clever as they usually are throughout the Frasier series but it also has a different style and cerebral element that is not always seen in the series.moreless

One of the more unique episodes in this series

By musiq143, Nov 06, 2007

The idea behind alternate realities that are based on the little choices we make may be reminiscent of something like Back To The Future or Groundhog Day; both movies which are among my favourites. Sliding Frasiers is a finely written episode that looks at how Frasier and his world can diverge from one point, into two hilarious paths. It looks at the very extremes of Frasier's personality: happy, in-love Frasier & sad, solemn Frasier. The sub plot also mixed very well. Niles' plan of going away with Daphne goes awry in one path. What's worth mentioning here is the fact that Martin's world does not change at all; he is a creature of habit!

Overall a very enjoyable episodemoreless

Valentine's Day.

By Bountyhunterc28, May 17, 2007

In this Valentine's Day episode we see Frasier's Valentine's Day from two different view points, one point he meets a beautiful woman, the other he stays at home, and the woman meets another guy. We also see two different versions of Daphne and Niles' Valentines one has everything going right and the other has everything going wrong.

In the end everything works out for Niles and Daphne, but not so much with Frasier, as the woman he was dating ends up with the man that was in his other scenario.

A personal favorite, and well done, I like the double scenario scenes, showing what Frasier would have done had he not asked out Monica.moreless