We Two Kings

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

The show is really starting to tread on very trodden ground with episodes like this, not a lot that's new or that funny.

By Mac-Ale, Jan 25, 2011

NIles and Frasier battle to make Martin's Christmas the best that's possible, but it's mainly a competition between the brothers.

Lots of things are on auto-pilot in this episode, the endless one-upmanship between Frasier and NIles, the misunderstandings when trying to tansport the real gifts to Martin's part-time security job and the obligatory thrown-in holiday jokes (including the real meaning of "wassail"). By this time in the series, there's just not a lot new going on and its pretty dang flat.

Perhaps the strangest scene is between Roz and Daphne at the coffee shop when the "Santa" that Roz is working with (and has a crush on) shows up. Jane Leeves is quite odd in her performance, squeezing out weird facial expressions and leaving most of her serious concentration somewhere besides the set - its pretty bad in its execution.

At the very least, since the main plot is fairly worn in this episode, it could use a better secondary story.moreless

It's Christmas time.

By dmarex, Feb 27, 2010

I kinda missed Martin's excitement over Christmas this time around, guess that's something that won't be brought back as it was in earlier seasons. While this episode may not have been the greatest one written, the heart was in its place. I loved how the bickering caused Martin to go working, and how the boys arranged for the gifts to be switched.

Of course, I instantly knew they would do some stupid mistake like they did, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the episode as a nice relaxing Christmas episode. The sub-story with Roz was fine until Roz started rejected the guy because he wasn't Santa. Actually, when I think about it - it was quite funny.moreless