Freaks and Geeks

Show Reviews (91)

Superb

More people should know about it

By Jesslovesadultcartoons, Sep 10, 2014

This show can be described in one word, AMAZING. I love the plot of this show, all the aspects of this show are outstanding. I can't believe it only went on for one season. It's so good! I can't really describe why it's so amazing, you just have to see it! It was a short series but they packed so much into one season.

Freaks and Geeks Great Show

By jordanwitgenstein, Feb 21, 2014

I loved this show so much. I have watched it several times through. This show is funny and serious at the same time. Yeah, im not from the 80's but it is a good representation of the 80's. Love the all star cast as well. Perfect show.

Ahead of the Curve

By vocalsuicide, Feb 20, 2014

This show has everything a hit series about high school needs. It was just about ten years ahead of its time. The characters are realistic and believable, the situations are realistic and they truly captured that awkward feeling of high school. In my opinion, Freaks and Geeks just needed a different audience. Today's audience.

Best show ever

By GurtekSingh, Jul 07, 2013

I loved this show. It has everything that I love about a series. Although it only had one season, the depth of the characters, the story line, and pace of the show was remarkable. I really wish they would make a reboot, or something along the lines of a student in high school or college like this. As the story line develops, you really start to fall in love with each and everyone of the characters. For me after about 4 episodes, I realized how great of a character bill was and how he by himself kinda made the show that much better. You can say that "it never had the chance to spoil by having a lot of The ending leaves you wanting more and make you feel like you lost a best friend, and that everything in your life is not worth living for anymore. How could they cancel this show. Quality TV. Highly recommended.moreless

Amazing TV Series!!!

By ahameden, Mar 12, 2013

I just found about freaks and geeks while browsing the filmography of James Franco - a big fan of him. Really sad it had only one season. Totally addicted to it. Lindsay is so damn good. Wish it had more episodes :(

People are still discovering it, and loving it, today

By heisenturd, Mar 12, 2013

I just discovered it, being a big James Franco fan, and having watched the first episode I was already hooked. I am blasting through them and I have to say I am yet to find a more relatable, accurate and painfully funny presentation of teenagers. It avoids all the obvious cliches and is a joy to watch. Linsay is smashing, but the best part of this show has to be Bill. I would definitely recommend.

Cancelled WAY before its' time

By Wet-Monsoon, Feb 20, 2013

All I have to say about this show is that it was funny, having my relate to almost every segment that the "Geeks" had, and it was certainly interesting to see Linda Cardellini, who is a voice actor currently for children's cartoons, try to find her place in the world... whether it was with the burnouts, or the math squad at her high school.

You'll find, while watching "Freaks and Geeks", that you get invested with Linsay's dilemmas of just fitting in.moreless

this show gave me pure joy.

By geeksandfreaks, Jan 05, 2013

All I have to say is... WOW. This is one of the best shows I have ever watched in my lifetime. Every little aspect of this series intrigued me. After finishing the last episode, I was honestly heartbroken. And not to mention the amazing talents of Linda Cardellini, John Daley, Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, Samm Levine, Busy Philipps, James freaking Franco, and Martin Starr, in which many of these characters you may recognize the names of, have moved onto some great acting careers. The characters in this show were cast so well. It is a great cult classic. My favorite characters were Harris, Mr Rosso, and the Weirs. I would sometimes cringe at how awkward Sam Weir was, but he was a great character. The fact that they got so much done in only 18 episodes was the amazing part, I just wish they could've expanded more with some of the situationsmoreless

Being Only 18 Episodes is What Made It Memorable...

By MehrdadL2, Dec 08, 2012

The brilliant part is that in few TV episodes all the teenage ups and downs is uncovered...

Funny and irresistible

The best canceled-after-18-episodes show ever.

By pudgebyrd722, Jul 15, 2011

NBC couldn't be more stupid after canceling Freaks and Geeks after only one season. The cast was great, with a lot of up and coming stars like Jason Segel, James Franco, and Seth Rogen. The cast was so great, I believe if anyone other than the original cast of "That '70s Show", this cast of teens should of played the kids in "That '80s Show" with the season taking place in 1980-1981.

The story revolves around the Weir family, with fresh meat Sam being part of the "Geeks" and elder sister Lindsay trying to fit in with the "Freaks" after trying to shed all her memories of being a mathlete and what not.

Sam was a innocent character, although he always created awkward situations for himself and I kinda got annoyed as his childishness. His main friends are Neal Schwieber, a kinda funny guy with a rich dad and thoughts that he isn't as geeky as the rest of his friends, and Bill Haverchuck, is tall for his age, kinda slow and talks emotionless, but really I thought he was one of the funniest, if not, funniest characters on the show. They are sometimes rounded out by the overweight Gordon Crisp and also somewhat emotionless, but nonetheless hilarious, Harris Trinsky.

The "freaks" are Jason Segel as Nick, a stoner, (who quits later on in the series to impress Lindsay) and an owned of a 29-piece drum set, something he wants to become famous for one day. There's James Franco as Daniel, a funny, cool guy who has an on-and-off again relationship with Kim, a sort of "tomboy" with crazy parents. There's also sidekick Seth Rogen as Ken, who's unbelievably sarcastic but eventually finds love in the school band's tuba player. Lindsay, trying to fit in, tries to fit in with the crowd but pulling things off such as stealing her parents' car, and causing destruction on Halloween.

Anyhow, I really love most of the characters, (I don't know about Sam) and even Mr. & Mrs. Weir - Harold and Jean, are pretty funny and enjoyable. Freaks and Geeks was a wonderful show and it was a shame it only lasted a season.moreless

Load More Reviews