Friday Night Videos

Show Reviews (4)

Good

For those of us without MTV and old school!

By JPPT1974, Sep 28, 2006

I love this show if you didn't have MTV as really it is videos all the way. Loved it in the early eighties and nineties as there were some big name stars hosting the show. But really didn't like it when the emphasis switched to less videos and more comedy later on during the end of it's run. Still you can't go wrong with old school 80's!

here's one i remember

By CAPNDEL, Jun 28, 2006

i grew up in a small town. the local cable provider did not offer mtv. so we watched friday night videos. i think there was another video show on tbs to, but this is the one we watched the most. the small town cable provider still does not offer mtv but that is because local churches convinced them to take it of the schedule.

A show for any music video fan.

By XMLarry, Mar 04, 2006

From its catchy animated opening, FNV was the best music video show that the networks had to offer. No host (in the early years); just a voice announcing each video and giving a little info behind the scenes of some of them as they were introduced. It was worth staying up late to watch (and tape; the early years of VHS).