Friday the 13th: The Series

Show Reviews (23)

Great

Still creepy after all these years

By gothceltgirl, Feb 21, 2009

After having the opportunity to watch this show a little online, it is surprisingly still very creepy in spite of the cheesy 80's goodness. The plot & premise are very unusual and often scary in spite of the campy horror effects & the fact that its not really clear how the people know how to use the cursed antiques in the first place. You have to use a bit of belief suspension or disbelief, as it were. A guilty pleasure to watch when you're feeling retro and longing for a good 80's horror flick fix. As soon as you see Mickey's hair & shoulder pads, it will all come rushing back with perfect clarity.moreless

This show should be on Dvd soon. Im looking forward to it. To make along story short. A uncle of curious goods makes a deal with the devil and tries to undo it at the end. And goes straight to hell. Two young cousins take over not knowing whats going on.

By kingtazzy, Jun 16, 2008

From the start I watched most of these episodes. I only missed a handful. I was a die hard fan. I even watched the repeats. Once in awhile they used to show it on the Sci-Fi channel. Returning cursed objects of any kind back to the shop. Im really suprised this show wasnt on for along time. It could of been so much more. And im thinking maybe they could of ended it to. On a great note. Tv shows come and go. This one still echoes in the back of my mind. I hope to hell one day this may come back. It would be great and im sure there would be alot of fans wanting this to. Time will only tell and I will enjoy the Dvds when there out.moreless

Friday the 13th was a great series of its time.

By JennKnowles101, Apr 10, 2008

Although it was over before I was born, I still get to see repeats on the Scream channel. A very different show, indeed, Horror show, almost like The Hitchhiker. Both very interesting horror tv series. I usually watch this show either when I wake up in the morning or very late at night on the weekends. Some of the stories are both creepy & sad at the same time.

I know this series doesn't really have anything to do with the movies but there is a little resemblance. Both deal with serial killers. And both amazing as well. I am never going to forget this show. It's a classic!moreless

I absolutely love this show. It's one of my all-time favorite shows ever. Micki, Ryan and Jack were awesome together. I would love to buy this show on DVD, and I also wish I could see Ryan, Micki, and Jack together again in a reunion movie.

By Fallon97, May 07, 2007

This show was excellent and one of my all-time favorite shows ever. The premise was interesting, and I loved Micki, Ryan, and Jack. They were awesome together and made a great team. The first 2 seasons with Ryan were the best. I hated when Ryan left. The show wasn't as good, in my opinion, and I stopped watching. I would love to get this show on DVD (the seasons with Ryan), and maybe Micki, Ryan, and Jack could reunite in a reunion movie one day. I would love that! I've really missed them! Micki, Ryan, and Jack forever!!moreless

This show was very well done, and was very weird.

By kevinb4444, Mar 13, 2007

I love the Friday the 13th Movies, I'm not a huge horror fan, but I liked Friday the 13th. It was cool, it was like watching a mini movie. I was in my early teens when this was originally on, but I used to watch it every now and then and I really liked it. It was a weird show, but that is the most I remember. I can't even remember if it had anything related to the Friday the 13th Movies. Was Jason even in the show? I think it might have just been about what happens on Friday the 13th, as far as bad luck and things like that.moreless

A dark, creepy, atmospheric show much in the vein of The X-Files...spooky...

By keepgoinFBIWmn, Mar 08, 2007

I gave this show a 6.5 because, lets face it, it was better than average, but...not perfect by any means. I grew up with this show, believe it or not, and I found the DVDs online last year. I love the comfortabililty of the series. It reminds me a lot of the X-Files. Two attractive leads, dark brooding man, red-headed woman investigating strange occurences. Except, FTTS wasn't very itelligent, the filming and acting were sub-par. It's a cult classic, however, and I love it anyway--hey all I have is love for it! Its just no X-Files.

So, watch and enjoy! Just leave the lights on...moreless

Before there was Buffy, Angel, or the X-Files, there was Friday the 13th, the series. For any sci-fi/fantasy fan, this series captures a lot of the paranormal, drama, and gore typical of the 80's genre!

By MissValleri, Dec 24, 2006

Let me start by saying, this series isn't about Crystal Lake OR Jason Voorhees! Whew! I know, I know, the title suggests it, but to the forum for the backstory! LOL.

Louis Vendretti made a deal with the devil to sell cursed objects in exchange for wealth and eternal youth...until he broke that pact!

Now, the antique shop is left at the hands of his nephew and niece: Ryan and Micki. Teamed with Louis' former friend, Jack Marshack, they are obligated to retrieve these items! Some of them of which they sold unknown to their "evil"! Muwahaha!

Thus begins the premise! What makes this a fun and exciting series is how each of these objects affect the person who is using them! The abilities and powers granted to someone inexchange for killing someone. Yet, what sells the show is the chemistry and teamwork of the actors involved Louse Robey aka Robey and John De La May, and Chris Wiggins do a great job of putting these characters together!

To put this in comparison to a similar yet different sci-fi show? Hmmm...let's pick Buffy! LOL

Imagine Cordelia as Micki, Xander as Ryan, Giles as Jack!

This is loosely based on similiar personality qualities I see in the characters. Then again there was something for everyone! For the guys there is the gore, horror, and Micki (Robey) isn't necessarily hard on the eyes! For the girls, it was the mystery, intrigue, and funny/charming Ryan for us to gush about! LOL.

Then the wise sage, Jack always kept everyone on the right track! The series, sadly cut short, was an adventure in the paranormal. It didn't try to be so detail oriented or justify/explain everything. It merely served to be entertaining, and it succeeded, in my opinion. Yes, there are cheese factors in this series but it wasn't intended to be as serious as its current counterparts like Supernatural. And the special F/X? For its time were just great! I love the stop and shoot animation technique used in the episode about the ivy cup. The older techniques that didn't necessarily require CGI.

Definitel, this is a series for horror fans, fans who are open to have a good time at being entertained and intrigued! The fact this series isn't on DVD officially yet is seriously a crime!moreless

Small group in search of evil items that can steal your soul.

By twilightboy, Dec 21, 2006

This has to be the show with the most evil aura, ambience, feeling, bouquet, call it what you will, it was demonic. I never felt like this ever watching a tv show, the demonic intervention as i call it, makes everything look overrated but you are no longer watching it, the devil has you and now you are under his command. The stories are great, possesed by the devil items give you something special, but they also require that you eother kill someone to recharge its power or that the item does something evil. There was never a bad episode, because they were all edited by satan himself. I used ot watch this when my mother was home or else i would simply flip the channel, that was the kind of fear this produced in me.

Excellent show.moreless

Somewhat interesting.

By marysuperfly, Dec 01, 2006

When I first watched the show I only tuned in because I thought it was going to be based on the Friday the 13th movies, but was wrong. Was it smart to name your series after a popular series of slasher films? I don't know.

The stories were not all that bad, but they were also not all that good. Some of the conflicts were mildly interesting, which is possibly what kept it on the air for the time it actually lasted.

The main characters were not all that lovable, but also not hatable. They were sort of blah, which hurt the show in the long run.

If it came on again, in re-runs that is, I might tune in just for the heck of it. It would not be anything I would schedule into my TV lineup and try to catch on a regular basis, though.moreless

Load More Reviews