Friends Ended 10 Years Ago; Let's All Reminisce Over Our Favorite Moments!

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 06, 2014

Guys, if you have a couch nearby that needs to be moved upstairs, you might want to sit down, because Friends has been off the air for a decade. No, you didn't read that incorrectly; today really does mark the tenth anniversary of the seminal comedy's series finale, which aired May 6, 2004 on NBC. We still haven't heard back from President Obama regarding our request that he declare today a national holiday, so while we wait, we're just going to have to celebrate by discussing our favorite moments from Friends' 10-season run. I've collected a handful of my own to get the party started; share your own in the comments!

PIVOT!

This moment is so engrained in my brain that as soon as Ginsberg and Don attempted to move a couch on this week's episode if Mad Men, I immediately yelled, "Pivot!" at my TV. 

Miss Chanandler Bong

As sitcoms go, Friends is pretty timeless, but if there's one thing that does show its age, it's the fact that the guys had a paper subscription to TV Guide Magazine.

"It tastes like feet!"

Mmmmm, a traditional English trifle with a layer of beef sautéed with peas and onions! I'll have to remember the bathroom line for the next time I'm invited to a dinner party.

"Could I BE wearing any more clothes?"

Is it too late to launch a Kickstarter to buy Chandler more clothes? I mean, if that's really everything he owned...

The prom video

All together now: "Awwwwwwwww!"

"She's your lobster!"

Don't say Friends never taught you anything. Now you know how lobster mating patterns work!

Unagi!

It's not sushi! It's a concept!

What are some of YOUR favorite Friends moments? Share your favorite quotes, videos, and .GIFs in the comments!

• Comments (188)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • JamieMartinez2 May 10, 2014

They don't know we know they know we know!

• BartoszChojna May 10, 2014

Bagpipes + bloopers!

and... The Truth:

• tnetennba May 09, 2014

My favorite is one of Joey's lines, after someone stole everything in their apartment. It's at 1:10.

• smorbie May 09, 2014

How about when Monica and Chandler were at the fertility clinic? Monica assured Chandler that no one knew him, and then suddenly "OOOOH, MYYY GAWD!", from, of course, Janice. Chandler, speaking for the audience, said "Oh, COME ON!"

• JuliBey May 08, 2014

I wanted to put a shout out to this scene. I especially love when Joey is looking at the fountain.

• sophie836 May 08, 2014

• smorbie May 09, 2014

Aww, that has to be the best moment ever...

• smorbie May 08, 2014

Is the old lady on the bike still alive?

• Dirk13 May 08, 2014

When a friend endeavors to get you back, has access to your clothes, and threatens to wear EVERYTHING you own, you best follow after him, because he's got something pretty major planned...plus lunges..

• AdedayoAdelakun May 08, 2014

I tried but I honestly can't pick a single one, there are so many and as i kept watching and reading different ones, i just kept laughing so hard by just remembering each situations.

• smorbie May 08, 2014

One of my favorite moments was when Ross found out Rachel knew he had a crush on her. She said Chandler told her, and Ross replied "When did he when did he when did he?" like it was a sentence. I love that.
    There are so many moments that I loved. I liked when the gang attended Ross and Monica's mom's anniversary party and Phoebe threw a raw oyster on the floor. Later, Joey told Chandler he slipped on a giant booger. And Joey's patented "How you doing?" I loved the wedding dress episode and when everyone found out about Monica and Chandler. I loved all the episodes where they were hiding their romance. I hope this thread stays up a long time because I keep thinking of more.

• See More Comments (100)