The One Where Joey Dates Rachel

Episode Reviews (7)

Superb

Awww! Too Cute!

By rebachick94, Dec 10, 2012

Rachel complains about her dating life and Joey offers to take her on a date. Rachel trys to convince him that he doesn't want to go out with a pregnant woman and Joey convinces her he does.Joey and Rachel go on a date and they show each other their dating tricks. Joey is so sweet to Rachel and it's too cute. He brings her flowers and everything. Rachel is excited because she's on a date with Joey Tribbianni and gets to see what he's like on a date. They enjoy themselves and go back to Joey's apartment. Joey tells Rachel that he never knew he could enjoy the non-sex part of a date so much. They show each other their "lean in and kiss me good night" moves and Rachel's works. Joey starts falling for Rachel...moreless

funny

By simpfan90210, Nov 30, 2011

Phoebe gets Monica and Chandler a Ms. Pacman arcade game for a wedding present, which leads to some heavy competition between Monica, Phoebe, and, surprisingly, Chandler chandler then puts all the high scores as rude words. Ross gets to teach an important class because of a retiring professor, but soon learns that its on the other side of town, and he doesn't have enough time to get there and when ever he makes it he is out of breath to teach and in the end uses roller skates. Joey takes Rachel to dinner on a pretend date to make her feel better since she can't have a normal relationship due to her pregnancy.moreless

rachel and joey on a date

By grace87, Nov 30, 2011

oh my god.. i love this episode. i think it's one of the best episodes ever. i'm a big fan of joey and rachel's relationship because i think that shows us a different joey. plus it was good to see once on a while rachel involved with someone besides ross.. .

i think the most beautiful scene was when joey went out to buy rachel lilies (her favourite flovers).. i think that was very sweet of him and very romantic.

i think that is such a wonderful episode because no-one would have seen that coming.. i mean who was thinking that joey could fall in love with anyone.. and expecially with rachel?!moreless

By Canogaparkcindy, Sep 11, 2010

I'm still upset that they had to go anywhere with Joey & Rachel. They were good as FRIENDS, what this show is called, but then they had to make Joey develop feelings for Rachel. Regardless of how I feel of those two getting together, this was actually a good episode. All plots were pretty funny & entertaining. We got Rachel & Joey going on a fake date, which leads Joey in to having feelings for Rachel. The whole date was cute and funny, and we got to learn Rachel & Joey's "moves" which was always entertaining, so I really enjoyed that plot. The arcade game was absolutely hysterical. Although Chandler did annoy me a bit with his hand. "My hand is messed up!" Yeah Chandler, we get it. The best part about this episode was Phoebe. Phoebe yelling at the Ms. Pacman and cursing as Ben walked in was classic Phoebe and it was absolutely hilarious! Then we have Ross' plot which was also hysterical! Ross going around on his skates to get to a class that's across town was hilarious, and I hope they do more Ross plots alone. It's definitely better without Mona around. A good episode.moreless

Lisa Kudrow is HILARIOUS

By R_Phalange, Sep 01, 2006

This is one of my favorite episodes in the entire series. I think the storylines for every character is funny, escpecially the Monica-Chandler-Phoebe Mrs. Pac-Man game. When Ross and Ben walk in to hear Phoeber recite a slew of profane words after Monica and Chandler had spent so much time trying to erase the profanity off the high-scores list was so funny. The Joey and Rachel date was really nice, and I have to say that I always preferred Rachel with Joey rather than Ross. I know that Ross and Rachel are "meant to be together", but I always found Ross one of the more obnoxious characters.

A great episode!moreless

Joey takes an upset Rachel out for a date.

By LiamBolton, Mar 22, 2006

When Rachel is feeling down after Joey's co-worker strays away from continuing to date her after fniding out about the pregnancy - Joey decides to take Joey out for a night on the town.

All is going well and Joey wants Rachel to treat this as a proper date - meaning no room-mate stuff.

The two end up subtly discussing eachothers date tactics, on how to score on a date. Joey ofcourse seems to be an expert, but is surprised by the effectivness of Rachel's techniques.

At the end of the date, they talk about tactics to get the other date to kiss them. On the lean in, Joey seems to think it is the real thing and when Rachel backs off and says goodnight, some un-wanted feelings for Rachel seem to have developed.

Is important to watch this episode if interested in the future relationshop they share.moreless