The One Where No One Proposes

Episode Reviews (8)

Great

Rachel has just given birth to Emma. Joey accidentally proposes to her and she accepts. Meanwhile, Monica and Chandler decide they want to have a baby.

By jlanmdar, Apr 10, 2011

To me, this episode represents a turning point for the worse in this series. It seemed more like a soap opera than a sitcom. I didn't find the storyline very believable. I mean, what kind of person would really allow their friend to think they were getting married when they weren't. Also, where is Ross and Monica's mom during this episode? Also, I don't like that Phoebe didn't really have a good part to play in this episode. After this point, it seems like Phoebe becomes less and less integrated into the stories with the rest of the group. It seems as if they are straining to come up with stories for her and when she does have a big story, it is mostly separated from the rest of the group.moreless

Hillarious.

By whizkid777, May 24, 2009

I woke up yesterday morning to find this fantastic episode on. It took me a minute to realise what happened since I missed the first 5 minutes. But once I understood everything, I was in stitches. I am still relatively new to Friends, and this is probably only the 10th episode I've seen. But this is one of my favourites out of all of them I've seen, and I love them all. It's really confusing, since they're constantly in love with one another, and Phoboe made it even funnier by conufsing the matter. Plus, the subplot was so funny. Monica & Ross' dad is so funny!

Hillarious classic.

A

9.5/10moreless

Fabulous. A great Ross and Rachel episode.

By SHUCKLEMAN, Jan 25, 2008

I love this episode. It is extremely funny. To me it sort of feels like The One Where Everybody Finds Out, but instead of finding out about Monica and Chandler's relationship, they find out about the engagaement. I love each of their reactions. Monica's is funny, Rachel : Joey proposed to me.

Monica : That's so innapropriate. You just had Ross's baby!

Rachel : And I said yes.

Monica : That's so innapropriate. You just had Ross's baby! What were you thinking?..It's bigger than mine!

and Chandler's

Joey : Rachel thinks I asked her to marry me.

Chandler : Why would she think that?

Joey : Because it kind of looks like I did.

Chandler : What?

Joey : Well, I was down on one knee.

Chandler : As we all are, at some point during the day.

Joey : No, Ross's ring fell out of his jacket, I went to pick it up, I showed Rachel the ring, and she thought I was proposing.

Chandler : Wait, Ross was going to propose?

Joey : I guess.

Chandler : And you did it first? That's going to kill him, you know how much he loves to propose!

And I love it when Phoebe thinks Ross has proposed to Rachel, and Ross is really confused, and Ross thinks that he may have actually proposed to Rachel, because it seems like something he would do. It's also hilarious when Ross tells Rachel that nobody has propsed to her, and Rachel says Joey did, and I love the look on Rachel's face when Ross tells her Chandler didn't propose to her.

I also thought it was great when Phoebe tells Ross that he touches himself when sleeping in public, and then tells Rachel that her fiance touches himself in his sleep and Rachel (thinking of Joey) says he isn't surprised.

Monica and Chandler's storyline is very funny too, and I liked it how Jack forgot about Ben, and then looked at the wrong baby. And it was funny when Joey ate the plastic fruit.

This is a great Ross and Rachel episode, because the contrast between Ross and Joey with Rachel is evident all the way through the episode, especially when Ross is able to look at Rachel breast-feeding, and Joey is all nervous. It proves the writers do know that Ross and Rachel belong together, and didn't think Joey and Rachel were better.

I can't think of a single criticism of this episode, I just this it's superb.moreless

brilliant.

By harryathouse, Jan 05, 2008

This episode picks up where the season 8 cliff hanger (the one where Rachel has a baby part 2) left off. So, Joey accidentally purposed to Rachel after she had given birth to baby Emma and she said yes, while Phoebe has talked Ross into getting back together with her and is on his way to see her to get back together, unaware of Joeys accidental proposal. Meanwhile, Chandler and Monica decide to try for a baby – whilst in the Hospital!

This is one of my favourite episodes and is the perfect sequel to a mind boggling cliff hanger, since this episode itself, has its very own cliff hanger!moreless

The engagement circle...

By Black_Grace, May 19, 2007

Following Rachel's acceptance of Joey's accidental proposal, confusion reigns as Rachel wonders whether it was the right thing to do and Phoebe can't seem to mind her own business. Finally, Rachel, Ross and Joey get together in a room and figure out that no one was actually going to propose. Mr. Geller walks in on Monica and Chandler doing it in a closet. Joey tries to avoid watching Rachel breastfeed.

F.U.N.N.Y!!!!!

By mindsedate, Sep 25, 2006

This episode was hilarious!!!

Just for Jack Gellars scenes alone, he was great. Especially when they\'re all standing in the hall looking at Emma and everyones like omg can you smell that that was you? no that was Jack. Also when he\'s so proud of his granddaughter that he could watch her all day and Ross moves his head cos he was looking at the wrong baby.

Man he was so funny.

Honestly Friends is a great show but this one episode had me laughing more then usual.

The storyline with Monica and Chandler was great.

I was sooo hoping that Ross and Rachel were gonna get back together but owell.moreless

Joey and Rachel engaged

By madison1314, Aug 12, 2006

Rachel thinks that Joey proposes to her after he picks up Ross's ring of the floor and he is kneeling. Phoebe wants to know why Ross isn't together and when Rachel says that she is engaged, Phoebe assumes that she is engaged to Ross. Meanwhile, Chandler and Monica are trying to get pregnant, and Mr. Gellar accidently sees them in the closet trying to conceive. Rachel puts on the engagement ring, and before Joey can talk to her about the false engagment, Ross and the nurse with Emma walk in. Then Phoebe talks to Ross about the engagement, which she thinks is between Ross and Rachel. They go to ask her but she's asleep, but they still see the ring on her finger. Ross thinks he might have proposed because it's in his nature. After talking separately to Monica and Chandler, Rachel and Joey realize they don't really want to be engaged to each other. Then Ross confronts Rachel, who lets him know about her and Joey, then Joey points out he didn't really propose. Ross and Rachel start to talk about getting back together, the Ross brings up the important question. If Joey asked her to marry him, did Rachel say yes? I think this episode is another important part of the Ross and Rachel saga. After this episode, you can't really be sure that they will end up together in the end.moreless