The One Where Ross Is Fine

Episode Reviews (16)

Great

Ross copes with Joey and Rachel dating, which has hilarious results. Frank wants Phoebe to take one of the triplets, which results in a really sweet moment. Monica and Chandler seek advice from a couple who've adopted before.

By singme_tosleep, Jun 13, 2009

The great thing about Monica and Chandler's story line in this episode is that both of them are so true to their characters. Chandler makes inappropriate jokes with the couple, then accidentally does something stupid. Monica is hilarious with the hand-washing and the obsessiveness.

Phoebe and Frank's story is small, but results in some cute and sweet moments between them as brother and sister. And this is one of the times I found Frank's character written less obnoxious.

The Ross/Rachel/Joey triangle is a lot less weird for me this time around in watching it. I didn't like it at all when the show first aired, but watching the DVDs now has made the story feel less forced.

Ross is so funny as a drunk, and the scene with Joey and Ross at the end is really sweet - it felt like Friend's writing at it's best.moreless

One of my two fave episodes of the series (the other being The One With the Rumor). Ross is fine about Joey and Charlie's relationship and Chandler accidentally tells a little boy he's adopted and the secret about Santa Claus.

By CentralPerk10, Dec 24, 2008

Okay so this episode is one of my two favorite episodes in the seires, my other favorite being The One With the Rumor. Ross lies to everyone, including himself, by saying that he's fine with Joey and Charlie's relationship, which ends up with him getting drunk, making fajitas (FAJITAS!! lol), margaritas, then taking off his pants and dancing to the Chicago soundtrack for Joey (which we sadly don't see. that would be hysterical). Then there's Chandler and Monica, who are getting this book all about adoption from Phoebe's close friends, but by doing so, Chandler accidentally tells their son that he's adopted and the secret about Santa Claus leading to chaos. SOO FUNNY!moreless

I almost peed my pants when I saw this episode! Ross is freaking HILARIOUS!

By snickers545, Oct 08, 2008

I loved how Rachel, Joey, and Ross played against each other in this episode. My favorite part was the morning after the dinner party when Joey is telling Ross that he was singing the Chicago soundtrack and Ross asks if Charlie was there and Joey says no that was just for me! His face is really hilarious! This episode is so classically funny, all the characters have funny lines and each storyline is really funny. I would definitely and have definitely watched this episode several times :) I absolutely LOVE Ross--David Schwimmer is one of the most talented actors in the cast!moreless

One of my favourite episodes in 10th season, Ross and Chandler were hilarious!

By Emina_I, Jun 13, 2008

Ross finds out about Rachel and Joey and tryes to act like he is fine with that but he has to get drunk to achieve that. He invites them to dinner with him and Charlie and that is when it all begins:). "Ross: And to love. Ah, love. L-O-V-E, love. L is for life. And what is life without love?

Rachel: Oh my god, are we supposed to answer?

Ross: O is for "oh, wow!" The V is for this very surprising turn of events, which I'm still fine with by the way. E is for how extremely normal I find it, that you two are together. And now one day you might get married and have children of your own."

I loved the part where he brigns the fajits without the mitts on and says-that is gonna hurt tomorrow!

On the other side we have Chandler and Monica asking Phoebie's friends about adoption and Chandler accidentally tells their son that he is adopted.... great episode.moreless

Ross: What? Fine? Because I am! Who-who else is fine?!(raises hand)

By kodabear911, May 11, 2008

Ross walks in on Rachel and Joey kissing and puts on a "convincing" front. He invites them over for FAJITAS(!)with him and Charlie because he is "fine"(Nooooo, of course he's not fine, he's dying a little bit inside). Chandler and Monica visit Phoebe's friends to ask them some questions about adoption, and Chandler spills some very important secrets to young Owen, the friends' (un-knowigly) adopted son. Ross is absolutely hilarious in this episode! He gets drunk at the dinner party and makes a very funny show. In my opinion, this is at least one of the very best in season 10(Ross' tan is up there, too). Chandler telling poor, little Owen he was adopted is unbelievibly predictable, but still insanely funny! Chandler and Monica's whole meeting is a little on the predictable side, but it makes you think that predictable isn't always bad.

So, to sum it all up, amazing writing, unbelievable acting( Shwimmer, especially) and a great, smooth storyline that people of any Friends class(channel surfer, fan, fanatic, obsessor, etc.) can get caught up in, and laugh at. If you haven't seen it, go watch it right now(while you're at it, watch TOW Ross' Tan, Ross' Teeth, Innappropriate Song, any season 2-4 episode, and the Birth)!!!!!moreless

Ross is so funny!!

By Black_Grace, Jun 11, 2007

Great episode! Ross puts on a convincing front and invites Joey and Rachel to dine on fajitas with him and Charlie. He quickly gets drunk and embarrasses everyone. After Rachel and Charlie leave, Joey spends the night and the two talk in the morning. Ross tells Joey he'll work on getting used to him and Rachel. Meanwhile, Frank Jr. visits with his kids and tries to talk Phoebe into taking one of the triplets. Also, Chandler and Monica visit some friends of Phoebe's to learn about adoption. However, Chandler accidentally tells their son something he didn't know - that he's adopted.moreless

funny. "i'm adopted?"

By simpfan90210, May 06, 2007

Ross puts on a convincing front and invites Joey and Rachel to dine on fajitas with him and Charlie. He quickly gets drunk and embarrasses everyone and burns himself. After Rachel and Charlie leave, Joey spends the night and the two talk in the morning. Ross tells Joey he'll work on getting used to him and Rachel. Meanwhile, Frank Jr. visits with his kids and tries to talk Phoebe into taking one of the triplets. Also, Chandler and Monica visit some friends of Phoebe's to learn about adoption. However, Chandler accidentally tells their son something he didn't know - that he's adopted with hilarious results.moreless

script =)

By laura11, Apr 03, 2007

No, no. She's my little genius. I got big hopes for her. She's gonna be a doctor or a realtor..

Phoebe: Wow, Frank. I think we just ran out of kids.

Frank Jr.: Oh, I think you're right. Oh, wow. Phoebe, I don't think I can give one of them up. I mean, you know, they drive me crazy, but they're my babies.

Phoebe: I'm sorry, Frank. I didn't realise things were so bad. You know, I'll help out more. I can - I can babysit any time you want. You name the day, and I'll be there.

Frank Jr.: How about tomorrow?

Phoebe: Well, that's not good. But you know, I can move some stuff around, and I'll be there. You and Alice just take the whole day together.

Frank Jr.: You'd do that for us?

Phoebe: Are you kidding? That's what sisters are for.

Frank Jr. (looks at the triplets): Look at them! Aw. I love you so much. (Strokes Leslie's hair, and she moves a little.) Oh crap, don't wake up, don't wake up!

[Scene: Bill and Colleen's apartment. Chandler comes running into the living room. Monica is the only one there.]

Chandler: Where are Bill and Colleen?

Monica: They're in the kitchen getting something to eat. Can you believe how nice they are?

Chandler: We have to leave!!

Monica: Why? What did you do in the bathroom?

Chandler: I didn't get to the bathroom. I bumped into Owen on the way, and he didn't know he was adopted. And there's a slight chance I may have told him.

Monica: Oh my god, where's my purse? No, you know what? I can replace everything in there. Get that binder, and let's go!

(Bill and Colleen enter.)

Colleen: Hey.

Bill: Some little snacks for everybody. Oh, you don't have to eat the sour worms. Those are for Owen.

Colleen: I'll go get him in a second. By the way, you should know we haven't told him he's adopted yet.

Chandler: But kids are so intuitive. Don't you think on some level he already knows?

(Owen comes running in.)

Owen: I'm adopted?!

Chandler: See? Intuitive!

Bill: What? Where did you hear that?

Owen: He told me! And he paid me 50 dollars not to tell.

Chandler: Which technically now you should give back!

Colleen: You told him he's adopted?

Chandler: I'm so sorry, but you should have a sign out there or something. Or at least whisper it to people when they come in the door. "Owen doesn't know he's adopted, and he also thinks that Santa is real."

Owen: He isn't?!

Chandler (to Monica): We have to get out of here, baby!

[Scene: Ross's apartment. Rachel, Joey and Charlie are eating fajitas when Ross enters from the kitchen.]

Ross: Everyone? I would like to make a toast to Rachel and Joey.

Rachel: Ooy.

Rachel: Oh my god, are we supposed to answer?

Ross: O is for "oh, wow!" The V is for this very surprising turn of events, which I'm still fine with by the way. E is for how extremely normal I find it. That you two are together. And now one day you might get married and have children of your own.

(Ross chokes up and pauses. Rachel and Joey look at him.)

Joey: Dude, are you okay?

Ross: Totally.

Rachel: Ross, you don't seem okay.

Ross (on the verge of tears): I'm sorry, it must be the pressure of entertaining. I think everyone would feel better if we had some flan.

Charlie: Wait, Ross. Ross. I - I have to take off.

Ross: No!

Charlie: I'm sorry, I have a really early class in the morning, but this has been lovely.

Ross: Wasn't it? And you thought it would be awkward with Joey and that you never really liked Rachel.

Charlie: You're on fire! I'll call you in the morning, okay?

Ross: Okay.

Charlie: Alright.

(Ross goes to the kitchen.)

Charlie: God, Rachel, what Ross just said that is just so..

Rachel: Oh, that's okay, girls tend not to like me.

Charlie: Bye.

(Ross enters from the kitchen with three plates with flan.)

Ross: Okay, I guess it's just flan for three! Hey, hey, that rhymed!

Rachel: You know what, Ross? I think we're gonna take off too.

Ross: Oh, oh. Of course. God, I'm so stupid. You guys are a couple now. I mean, you probably just want to be alone.

Rachel: No, no, it's just that it's getting late...

Ross: Hey, hey, it's fine. It's totally fine. We've got plenty of margaritas. It's all good.

(The oven timer pings again.)

Ross: I don't even know what that's for.

(He goes back to the kitchen.)

Joey: You know what? I think I'm gonna stay here and make sure he's okay.

Rachel: Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

Joey: Yeah. I'll see you in the morning.

Rachel: Uh-huh. Okay. You know what, Joey, I don't think he's ever gonna be okay with this.

Joey: It doesn't look good, does it?

(They kiss each other on the cheek, and Rachel leaves.)

[Scene: Ross's apartment the next morning. Ross is very hung-over on the couch as Joey enters with a cup of coffee for him.]

Joey: Morning. Here you go.

Ross: Thanks. Did you stay here all night?

Joey: Yeah.

Ross: So you took off my pants and shoes?

Joey: No, no, no. You actually did that when you were dancing to the Chicago-soundtrack. Look, Ross, about, about Rachel and I. Listen, you don't have to worry about that, okay? Because nothing is gonna happen.

Ross: What do you mean?

Joey: Well, she and I said from the beginning that we weren't gonna do anything unless you were okay with it. And clearly..

Ross: Hey, what are you talking about? I'm fine!

Joey: It's okay, Ross, alright? I totally understand. Of course you're not fine. You're.. You're Ross and Rachel.

Ross: Except we're not. I mean, we haven't been a couple in like, six years. Oh my god, is that right? Has it been that long?

Joey: That's what I hear, yeah.

Ross: This is crazy. I mean, six years? And because of me you guys aren't gonna be together? Can I ask you something? Really, what is this thing with you and Rachel?

Joey: Come on, I mean, you know me, you know...

Ross: Joey.

Joey: I'm crazy about her.

Ross: And she feels the same way?

Joey: I think so.

Ross: Well, then, maybe it's time we all moved on.

Joey: Yeah, but, Ross, I mean, you're not okay with it.

Ross: No, but I wanna be. Hey, I will be. Besides, I'm with Charlie, right? Oh my god, I'm still with Charlie, aren't I? I mean, she didn't see the dance, did she?

Joey: No, no, no, no, that was - that was just for me. Are you sure about this?

Ross: Yeah, I'm sure.

Joey: And we're okay?

(Ross smiles and holds up his hand for a high-five, but he has forgotten about his burnt hands. He gasps in pain as Joey grabs his hand.)

ENDING CREDITS

[Scene: Central Perk. Monica and Chandler enter to find Phoebe there with the triplets.]

Monica: Hey, Phoebs

Phoebe: Hey.

Monica: Uhm, we just wanna give you a heads-up. Bill and Colleen hate us.

Chandler: Owen didn't know he was adopted, and Monica told him.

Monica: What?

Phoebe: Still, he had to find out sometime.

Chandler: Yeah, but how would you like it if someone told the triplets that you gave birth to them?

(The triplets stare at him.)

Chandler: I'm gonna go tell Emma she was an accident. (Runs off.)moreless

Probably my favorite episode of the series!

By SMGslayer97, Nov 06, 2006

Ross: Fajitas! Be careful, very hot plate, very hot plate!!

Rachel: Ross, you don't even have oven mitts on!

Ross: That is gonna hurt tomorrow! Charlie: Gosh, Ross, you know, you seem a little...

Ross: What? Fine? Because I am! Aren't you? Aren't you? Aren't you? You see? Who else is fine?

Frank: You just don't know how hard it is Phoebe. There's just so many of them. You know, two, I can handle. Two's great. You just hold one in each hand. But what do I do when the third one runs at me with his bike helmet on. I got no more hands to protect my area!

Frank: I love you so much...Oh crap, don't wake up, don't wake up!moreless

Load More Reviews