The One with Ross's Grant

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

Gladys and Ichiba together in one episode means comedy gold...

By doguineta, Jun 27, 2010

This is one if the funnier season 10 episdes because it has some of the funniest stories. The less funny was Hobart trying to sabotage Ross and dn't make him get a grant unless he breaks up with Charlie, but even that one had funny lines, like the pbrotofalosaus or something like it. Next we have OHebe needing to toss Gklayds if she wants t move in with Mike, and a misunderstanding leads MOnica to keep it. She sells it to Joey, but Racheld doesn't weant it in her apartment either so she invernts a curse of the painting to scare JOey. Phoebe makes a much creepier painting to give the onethat doesn't get Gladys, called Gleenis, leading to M&R actually wanting Gladys. And for the last Joey asks Chandler to pass a tape to his boss to get a part on an advertisment and Chandler lies telling him his boss hated the tape because he thinks Joey doens't fit the part. The funniest p├árt f this storyline was whaty was IN the tape: a commercial for lipstcik for men called Ichiba, and was only sold in Japan, plus, it was BLUE. ANd the peisdde ends with Rachel using GLadys to scare JOey, funny episde, watch it.moreless

Finally Charlie is gone!

By mykeathome, May 29, 2010

In my opinion (and my friends and family), Charlie was a very hard character to like, firstly she dumps Joey for Ross and then to dump Ross for her ex (Benjamin Hobart played by Greg Kinnear) and she hated Rachel aswell. Finally she is gone.

It was very funny watching who got Phoebe's ugly painting out of Monica and Rachel, as Phoebe was making room for Mike to move in. In the end Phoebe made another one even worse. So they each got one.moreless

Greg Kinear

By SMGslayer97, Nov 14, 2006

Greg Kinear as Professor Hobart was probably my favorite part of this episode. I already liked his as an actor but after this cameo I liked him even more. As Charlie's crazy or...crazy ex he made for a great way to exit Charlie off the show without making it seem like she just vanished or was pushed down an elevator shaft.

But Joey's commercial! Oh my gosh. I mean there are just no possible words to describe this. Excellent, just excellent.

Gorgeous episode with two funny stories and a great guest star Greg Kinnear!!!

By Gifford125, Jan 31, 2006

This episode has not only one but two really funny stories.

First there is Ross being in the position of getting a grant with his girl-friend's ex-boyfriend in the jury. Chosing Greg Kinnear for the role of Charlie's Ex was obviously a superb decision. Him and Ross have such funny dialogues that you just can't stop laughing. The questions Ross has to answer in order to get the grant are just too comical.

The other story is the one with Phoebes painting "Gladys". It is so funny how Rachel makes fun of Monica when she gets Gladys as a present and how both of them try to get rid of her. This whole situation gets even better when Phoebe presents Glynnis to them!!!

I don't know who made these paintings and who had this funny idea but this was just unbelievable!!! Especially the end when Rachel scares Joey and is scared herself by Monica!

Joeys commercial for that lipstick for men is so funny too especially because it really is the kind of crazy things Japanese people would do. The whole style of the commercial was just totally authentical.

All in all a superb episode!!!moreless