The One with Ross's New Girlfriend

Episode Reviews (12)

Superb

Season 2 Premiere

By Canogaparkcindy, May 23, 2011

A momentous episode of Friends. I'm sure the entire fanbase was waiting in anticipation for this episode. This was definitely a series classic to say the least. We've got Rachel waiting at the airport and Ross getting off the plane with a new girlfriend. That's definitely a way of complicating matters. We got some really great scenes from Jennifer Aniston tonight. All her interactions with Ross were fantastic and she was easily the one who stole the show tonight.

As for the subplots, they could have been a bit better. I mean we got great comedic timing from both story lines. But the haircut thing just seemed like a drawn-out explanation on why the actor's hairstyles were different. Also Phoebe gave the guys a haircut right when Rachel was going to pick up Ross? Where's the realism? Although the whole gag as Monica as a patient thing was quite funny.

Matthew Perry also did a terrific job with his comedic timing. "You stop when there's resistance!" Although I think this was the point in time where Joey's stupidity was greatly exaggerated. Last season, it was at an acceptable level but you can really tell the difference here. And it only gets worse as the seasons continue. Anyways, overall, this was a great season premiere of Friends. Definitely did the cliffhanger justice.moreless

Awesome.

By Sarah_LOST, Oct 12, 2010

Rachel decides to tell Ross that she loves him and waits for him at the airport, not knowing he is returning with a new girlfriend named Julie thanks to Chandler's advice. Chandler feels guilty because he told Rachel that Ross loves her and had advised Ross to get over his feelings for her. Joey and Chandler get their hair cut by Phoebe. Monica wants her to cut her hair but Phoebe gives her an awful haircut. Chandler needs a suit, so Joey takes him to his tailor, who touches Chandler inappropriately. Chandler tells Joey of this, but Joey insists that is how pants are measured. Ross annoys everyone by talking about Julie, and Rachel becomes so desperate and upset that she spends the night with an old friend, Paulo, Rachel's ex boyfriend. This is like the hundredth time I have watched Friends but my first time reviewing them. Season one ending was awesome, but now it seems like Ross has forgot about Rachel, and Rachel is no starting to fall in love with Ross. I love the way Rachel acts in this episode. I love the way Chandleris in this episode too - I love him in every episode to be honest like everyone else. I love the wya Phoebe cuts Monicas har, I also love the way Joeys tailer is a weirdo. Great episode.moreless

Rachel meets Ross at the airport and is devistated to find out that he brought home a girlfriend. Phoebe gives Chandler and Joey haircuts, monica wants one too but Phoebe is reluctant and when she finally agrees the results are disastourus.

By GhostWhisper13, Jun 28, 2010

In this episode I felt so bad for Rachel. I was so happy that she was finaly going for it with him, it was so sad when you find out that he had finaly taken a different route and decided to go out with someone else. It was kind of amusing though how there roles swiched. How now he was the oblivious one and she was the one jelous and angry that they werent together. I also loved the the haircut part. It was really funny how Phoebe did Joey and Chadler's hair so well but then totally screwed up with Monica's hair. Over all this is a very good episode.moreless

Good

By efc91, Aug 10, 2009

Rachel waits patiently at the airport for Ross, not knowing he is returning with a new girlfriend, Julie. Meanwhile, after giving Joey and Chandler new haircuts, Phoebe is persuaded to cut Monica's hair, but gives her an awful haircut. And Joey learns that his tailor is a very naughty man. This was a decent return back for Friends after a good first season. Phoebes's haircuts was funny and Rachel was funny when she found out about Ross and Julie. The season picks up in the next couple of episodes and is proabaly one of Friends best seasons. 9 out of 10.moreless

Aw poor rachel!!

By emmalou2704, Jul 03, 2008

Rachel: Isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic? Rachel: When I saw him get off that plane with her, I really thought I just hit rock bottom. But today, it's like there's rock bottom, then 50 feet of ****, then me. Aww I have a love hate relationship with this episode.

I love it cos its Friends but hate seeing Ross arrive back in NYC with Julie and looking at Rachel as seeing that she is absolutely crushed!!!

But non the less still a great episode of Friends! I love the part when Phoebe is cutting Monica's hair, which goes a little wrong to say the least:

Phoebe: Would you relax? I know what I am doing. This is how he wears it.

Monica: How who wears it?

Phoebe: Demi Moore.

Monica: Demi Moore is not a "he!"

Phoebe: Well, he was a "he" in Arthur, and in Ten

Overall a great episode, just sad about Ross and Racel :(!moreless

"I mean, isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic?"

By Monica-Geller, May 04, 2007

Rachel goes to the airport a waits for Ross to come home to tell him she likes hime too but what she doesn't know is that he is returning with a new girlfriend, Julie. Meanwhile, Phoebe gives Joey and Chandler new haircuts so Monica finally convences her to cut her hair too, but Gets confuesd between Demi More and Dudly More agives her an awful haircut that looks like a guys hair cut. And Joey learns that his tailor is a very naughty man when Chandler goes to get his pants tailored he comes back complaing about the fondling Joey's tailor did to him.moreless

...

By Andrew0000, Mar 29, 2007

A really great "part 2" to the storyline and a funny yet serious plot with a great guest star! Plus the name of the episode was brilliant! A definate 9.8 / 10, Worth Watching! And a great strting sequence, loads of great videos put onto one interessting starting credit! Must Watch This Episode!

A really great "part 2" to the storyline and a funny yet serious plot with a great guest star! Plus the name of the episode was brilliant! A definate 9.8 / 10, Worth Watching! And a great strting sequence, loads of great videos put onto one interessting starting credit!moreless

great episode

By xkelly123x, Jan 10, 2007

Rachel waits patiently at the airport for Ross, not knowing he is returning with a new girlfriend, Julie and ends up falling over and she then starts to fall in love with ross which hurts he badly. Meanwhile, after giving Joey and Chandler new haircuts, Phoebe is persuaded to cut Monica's hair even though she doesnt want to because of monicas ways but agrees, but gives her an awful haircut. And Joey learns that his tailor is a very naughty manmoreless

One of my all-time favorite episodes.

By Ting13, Jun 20, 2006

Few episodes have as much comedy, both in timing and in words, as this episode does. Most of it is downright hilarious. Chandler telling Joey that he has to "stop the q-tip when there's resistance" is one of my favorite lines out of all ten seasons.

I love the storyline with Chandler and Joey's questionable tailor. Chandler always seems to encounter these kind of people and Joey is oblivious as always. Ross steps in and takes Chandler's side in a very funny line ("Yes that is how they measure pants... in PRISON!") The three guys work really well together, and this episode is no exception.

Phoebe does Monica's hair, with some less-than-perfect results. This was the least funniest of the storylines, but it was quite good nonetheless. Especially with all the others teasing Monica later, making Dudley Moore references.

The storyline with Ross, Rachel and Julie was really great as well. I thought Rachel was so funny when she tried to get in the way of Ross and Julie but without letting on how she felt. Like when she hung up the phone for Ross. Then she goes and invites Pablo into her bed, which is of course a mistake. The best acting in this episode was courtesty of Jennifer Aniston and Matthew Perry, and Aniston had a lot of room to shine in her storyline.

This is one of the episodes I really reccommend to people. One of my all-time favorites!

moreless

Season 2 Opener

By LiamBolton, Mar 31, 2006

Certainly, this episode was made good enough to be a series opener.

A musn't miss!