The One with the Invitations

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

A great first flashback episode.

By Canogaparkcindy, Jul 12, 2008

I loved this episode because it really gave an insight on the relationship of Ross & Rachel, & it showed me they broke up a lot. I like how the invitations fit in to everything. And Rachel still shows feelings for Ross since she is having memories. And Ross is having memories of Rachel. But still the flashbacks weren't much of highlights of their relationship,, mostly the problem. I loved the ending, when Rachel was most likely to say no & she pretends to have things to do as an excuse for herself when she is talking to Monica. A great clip show!moreless

Another Ross romance destined to be doomed.

By melindakw, Mar 15, 2008

I can't believe that Ross and emily are getting married...!

I still think Rachael is the one for him and no one else will do.

Then I thought Chandler and Janice were going to be perpetually be together until hell freezed over.

The comments Emily made about Ross probably shouldn't have invited Rachael to the wedding were a bit sad...we shouldn't she get an invite...emily should be more secure.

Anyway it was good to see the flashback moments of Ross and Rachael's relationship and I still like the prom scene where Ross was gong to stand in for her date that didn't show up and then he did and rachel never knew until now what Ross was going to do.

Anyways...I'm still rooting for Ross and Rachael.moreless

Oh no. Maybe the worst episode of Friends...

By SHUCKLEMAN, Jan 28, 2008

This is extremely boring to watch, and all that happens is we discover that Phoebe can't go to Ross's wedding, and Rachel doesn't want to go, and Emily doesn't want to invite her, but Ross is okay with it.

The reason this is so much worse than the other clip shows is that the other clip shows have more episodes to select clips from, and they focus on trying to be funny, rather than trying to sum up a relationship. The One With The Vows would be one of the funniest episodes that you could show someone new to Friends, but this isn't very funny at all.

Some good points about this episode is that it does sum up Ross and Rachel's relationship well, and is good for people who have only watched the 4th season of Friends, not to mention that it must be truly fascinating to go back in time and see clips from earlier episodes. It also increased the money they could spend in the season finale I suppose (although they were already given extra money by channel 4).

This episode can be a bit of a tearjerker too, especially with the scene from The One With The Prom Video, so that gives this episode a little extra credit too.moreless

Emily and Ross discuss who to invite to their wedding. Ross wants to invite Rachel and Emily thinks it is odd. Phoebe can't go to the wedding and Rachel decides to stay with Phoebe.

By Black_Grace, Feb 08, 2007

I like the flashback episodes and I think they make the show very good. Emily and Ross are discussing who to invite to the wedding when she sees that Ross wants to invite Rachel and she thinks it is odd. Ross has flashbacks of his and Rachel's up and down relationship in the past. He still sends Rachel an invatation. Phoebe finds out that she can't go. Everyone gets there invatations except for Chandler. Rachel has flashbacks of her and Ross in the past of there relationship. Rachel decides not to go to the wedding because someone needs to stay with Phoebe.moreless