Great

Awesome.

By Sarah_LOST, Feb 08, 2009

Ross finds out his estranged lesbian wife and her girlfriend are going to have his baby. Another awesome episode frim "Friends". This episode wasn't as good as the Pilot but it is still very good. In this episode too there is so many good lines, I mean in every episode of "Friends" there is always great lines, thats why I love the show. Anyway, I love this episode it's so funny when Ross, Susan and Carol are in the hospital, a awesome scene. This episode is a really funny one and I love it every time I watch it. All in all awesome episode.moreless

Very well written episode, far better than the pilot.

By AgahnimKoopa, Sep 06, 2008

The One With the Sonogram at the End

AKA The One Where Carol Looks Completely Different

Seriously. If you comne back to this one after seeing later ones, it is blindingly obvious. What the hell happened? Did she only want to do one episode? If so, why didn't she bring this up before in a script where it was clear that she would be a recurring character?

Monica and Ross's parents show up for the first time, and it really is surprising how horrible the mum is. It's no wonder that Monica grew up some neurotic if that's what her home life was like. Dad seems nicer but also sort of stupid, but he is definitely likeable. Mum isn't, and by the end you want to hit her, but I'd be amazed if that wasn't the intention.

One of my favourite bits is the pre-opening skit, because it just takes an unexpected metaphor and runs with it. The ending is fantastic, as is Joey's reaction, but the high five ruins it a little bit. I keep having to say this; we get it. We're not stupid. Your joke wasn't that inaccessible; it would probably have to aspire to be low-brow.

But I'll give the episode one thing; it is written extremely well. Both ex scenes at the end are painful to watch, and I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for; Ross, Rachel, Carol, Susan, Barry or that kid who had to sit and listen in the dentist's chair.

I sort of feel sorry for Joey, Chandler and Phoebe; for all intent and purposes during this episode, they might as well be statutes. The writers seem not to know what to do with excess characters and just having them sit around and occasionally make jokes doesn't really work that well. But yes, this is a very good episode.moreless

Joey: All right, when did ya have it on last?

Phoebe: Doy! Probably right before she lost it! Chandler: You don't get a lot of "doy" these days

By Sarah_Is_Lost, Aug 14, 2008

meh

By efc91, Aug 11, 2008

Ross finds out his estranged lesbian wife and her girlfriend are going to have his baby. Well this episode was a good one but is probably one of the weakest episodes of the series, it was about character development and it made its fans understand each character more, the best parts were with Ross and the caveman and when the coffe house (Central Perk) emptied out so quick, I like this epidoe but we did not see Joey, Pheobe and Chandler much, it was mostly about Ross and Rachel and they are my least favourite characters on the show although they are still both great.moreless

Ross learns something that will change his life.

By Jacky1989, Jul 11, 2008

Rachel has to return Barry's wedding ring and is absolutly shocked to hear that he hooked up with her maid of honour Mindy. Ross is also in for a surprise when his ex-wife Carol tells him she's pregnant and she wants to raise the child with him and Susan, her girlfriend. Meanwhile Monica dreads the visits of her parents because they seem to pick on her every single time.

I liked this episode very much because I always liked Ross and Monica's parents and their liking of Ross and critizing of Monica. I kinda dislike the fact that they changed Carol but this episode also marks the beginning of the fight between Susan and Ross which will get even funnier. Additionally we learn more about the six friends, their background and there are just so many good jokrd - as always.

All in all, this is a very good episode which introduces many future guest-stars.moreless

There's not other episode of Friends quite like this.

By SHUCKLEMAN, Mar 24, 2008

You can tell by watching this episode that it is one of the earliest episodes of Friends. The actors don't seem too used to their characters yet, and the writers also don't seem very used to the show. That's not too much of a problem though. We can't expect any more from them at the second episode.

What it really was that made this episode so unique was its format. The second half of the episode had barely anyone in except Ross and Rachel, and it alternated between their scenes in a fashion that I must have seen in over a dozen other shows. Yes, it did its job, but I didn't like it very much. It was interesting to see Carol, Susan and Barry for the first time. After watching the Pilot I wouldn't have expected that they'd ever actually be in the show.

Carol being pregnant was a very surprising incident, and it was good since it gave season 1 one of its biggest storylines, not to mention the fact that it hugely affects the show as a whole, obviously.

Monica's plot in the first half of the episode was my favorite, and gave us a LOT of character development, and we met Jack and Judy, who, like Carol and Susan, would appear in many episodes in the future. I found the Ross, Carol and Susan scenes too, where they argued about the baby, something that we get to see more of throughout the season fortunately.

Overall, a good episode.moreless

Monica: I know this is going to sound unbelievably selfish, but, were you planning on bringing up the whole baby/lesbian thing? Because I think it might take some of the heat off me.

By efc1991, Feb 19, 2008

A solid second episode.

By Kahlan14, Oct 08, 2007

This episode is a solid second episode to a show. The characters are still developing some more than others and it is still very funny. The humour isn't as strong as it is in the later episodes but it is still there. Ross having to deal with Carol being pregnant with his child was a perfect story line for this episode. it wouldn't have worked if it came in later on that character development for Ross was perfect. Rachel's story line was good too, as she lost her engagement ring from Barry in Monica's lasagna, only to find out that Barry went on their honeymoon with Rachel's best friend Mindy. With Monica having to get ready for her parents coming over to having her lasagna's ruined you can tell the development of Monica is going to be interesting. Chandler's humour was good and even though Joey doesn't really develop it is a really good second episode.moreless

This episode is a average episode in my opinion.

By CrazyLostFan, Sep 10, 2007

In this episode we see Ross finding out his estranged lesbian wife and her girlfriend are going to have his baby. Rachael struggles with returning her wedding ring to her ex Barry and we see Monica struggleto impress her parent by cooking them dinner which gets ruined and then trying to get the heat off her by telling Ross to tell them his wife is pregnant and a lesbian. An average episode and probably the worst episode of the first season. I watched this last night and I watched with the first episode and thought it was boring compared to the pilot most of the joke weren't even funny.moreless

Load More Reviews