The One with the Videotape

Episode Reviews (17)

Superb

A great episode, and a point of curiosity.

By KurtHPickering, Feb 21, 2011

Friends does well with videos! My favorite episode is probably "The One with the Prom Video," but this is right up there. I especially like the video - no, not because of that; because of THAT. (Can't be more specific, it'd be a spoiler.) Then there's the, er, bonus video Monica runs across at the end of the prom video. And video played in the jellyfish one, too. Friends just does well with videos!

Point of curiosity - anyone know who the woman pictured on Phoebe's sweatshirt is? I should know that face (and hat) but I can't place it.moreless

By Canogaparkcindy, Sep 10, 2010

An amazing installment of Friends, without a doubt. I dare you not to laugh while watching this episode. Friends has definitely not forgotten how to make people laugh after 8 seasons, which makes this show spectacular. Just watch this episode, and you'll see exactly why. We know who the father of Rachel's pregnant, we know who the father is, now we get to find out how it happened! Too many hilarious scenes too mention. It all came together in the end. All plots managed to merge and it all went back to the videotape. Ross caught their one night together on videotape by accident. And they watch it to see who came on to who. Rachel being the one handing out "begging signals" was surprisingly hilarious. I'm really not enjoying Monica & Chandler. It's like the things they say now. I just find myself saying, "Is this for real" They're become caricatures of themselves, and that's something that I thought I'd never see on Friends. Joey & Phoebe continue to be perfect together in a plot. "We don't want Craig and Jenny's rejects"

Just a hilarious episode, that isn't worth missing. If this episode doesn't get you in to Friends, nothing will.moreless

by far my favorite episode of all the series.

By the1945ghost, Apr 13, 2010

this is my favorite episode of all the series. it was really funny but i specially like it because for the first time they make rachel the " vunerable " one . i always liked it when they made ross and rachel be together but they always favored rachel in all the plots and made ross appear as the bad one which i really hated . also i always hated that rachel felt she was superior or better than ross which is not true so for this time they finally made ross " win " and show that ross was looking after rachel by not wanting to show them the video but rachel insisting to make them watch it to show them that ross is bad and she is good . also it was one of the funniest scenes when they all sit tgether to watch the video.

really great episode recommend it to any onemoreless

in this episode i just could not stop laughing... its Hilarius

By RR_cool_J, Apr 02, 2008

in this episode my favourist parts would definitely have to be how everyone kept telling joeys story, how ross new all along that rachel came on to her by telling joeys story and my all time favorite part was when ross and rachel were watching the video tape and just the looks on there faces were just unforgettable like rachels shock as to how much ross wanted it and also the sounds of disbelief that they made when they saw what they were both doing and of course ross' reason was not having sex in a whole 6 months or so.moreless

this is where ross reveals that he has on videotape the night where he and rachel well you now...

By pinksoul18, May 27, 2007

after deciding to tell and ross and the others that rachel is pregnant she and ross told how this thing happened. rachel began to tell and said that ross came on to her. ross disagrees and said that he can prove that she came on to him because he has it on videotape.

then they decided to watch the tape and apparently rachel came in to ross, and that doesn't happen very often.

so rachel and ross watched the rest of the tape alone and discover that they are pretty good together.

and i think that they are great together!! it is so meant to be!!(in the show)

i love this show!! i watched it everyday!!

i practically know the script!! he3hhemoreless

a good episode

By simpfan90210, May 05, 2007

Monica and Chandler return from their honeymoon with stories of a couple that they met on the flight back, but soon discover that the couple gave them a wrong number and joey and pheobe are jealous over the attention that they are giving the new couple that they havent even seen yet. Ross and Rachel disagree over who came onto whom when they hooked up. He wants to prove it and accidentally reveals that he has the encounter on videotape but he accidently reccorded it whilst praccticing his flirting, and it was rachael that came on to ross. a funny episode indeed.moreless

Ross finally wins an arguement.

By daffyrwt, May 04, 2007

This classic Friends episode offered something many of the episodes do not and that is Ross proving Rachel wrong. Ross isn't my favorite character of the six, but I do hate seeing Ross being made a fool or portrayed as the wrong-doer time after time. It also bothers me to see Rachel getting her way EVERYtime, especially when it's something between her and Ross. Becuase it just makes Rachel even more spoiled. Anyways, the story and the plot of it all was greatly written and it is always fun to watch it.moreless

Great!

By Black_Grace, Apr 28, 2007

Great episode! Ross and Rachel disagree over who was the first one to make a move on the other the night Rachel got pregnant. Ross was right. Man that was funny when Joey had that look on his face when Rachel said have I ever told you the time a backpacked in Europe or what ever the story was. Monica and Chandler don't seem like they are married sometimes. Monica sure freaked about that being the wrong number.

Did I ever tell you about the time I went backpacking across Western Europe...

By ClumsyGuy, Nov 11, 2006

Man oh man! This could potentially be the funniest episode of Friends that I have ever seen!

There are two major plots: The first one is Monica and Chandler befriending a couple named Craig and Jenny on their honeymoon. Joey and Phoebe get offended that they need another couple to hang out with. I loved this part! And it carried a surprise twist; they fake-numbered Monica and Chandler! The hilarity continues when Joey and Phoebe offer their explanation behind the fake numbering, and Monica and Chandler argue over the reason why!

The second one is Ross and Rachel\'s sex tape. The fact that Ross actually taped it accidentally is funny all by itself, but the writers were able to stretch it and make it outrageous! This was easily the best episode of season 8.moreless

Load More Reviews