Inner Child

Episode Reviews (16)

Superb

child

By tromich616, Apr 09, 2013

Could this be the same child in the last season?

Inner Child

By arkanitoo, Jul 16, 2012

There was instant. It was an admiration that was growing as the universe was wondering. It is true that "Fringe" has so far had their ups and downs, with cases to ask yawning, interspersed with frantic developments of history. Could be more. But after this pause, this kind of dating that each time one goes to one side, to think, had thick miss Agent Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv), Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson) and Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble). And so, with a rose in hand, I got the series back.

The episode was divided into two distinct factions that eventually merge into perfection:

- An old case back to be reborn in the ashes. A serial killer known as "The Artist" to strike back after a long period of inactivity. Attack of the women and then kill builds strange scenarios with their bodies livid. It molds the bodies in his way, with his vision patient, wearing them and putting them in that post as well understood. It was a pending issue for Olivia and the rest of the FBI team that throws the head in the manhunt. It's a good bet insert this type of theme, which although not new, although not supernatural, inject enough pace in the episode and create a sum for the same purpose. This artist has to be caught it is a given right.

- Catch It really is not easy, but the protagonist had a helping hand: a child who found refuge in an underground building. Apparently lived there all his life, miraculously surviving is not clear how. In an environment with almost no oxygen and light, he fed on mice and insects, without voice or color. It is in the hospital and quickly established a strong bond with Olivia, who realizes, too quickly, that this boy is special. He manages, through writing, to say the name of the artist's next victim. And the data are released.

Through some science "Fringe" (entertaining dance Walter), a few sketches on paper and a final chase the killer is caught. Best is dead. Getting into the air then the question that since the opening minutes of teasing: Whose child is this? Certainties, it is very important because the CIA shows a great interest in it and is also an agent with this company we realize that it is not unique. "We found another one," he says. The final scene confirms part of what we already suspected: he's an observer. One Junior observer, an observer in the early stages of their mission, whatever it is. Now I ask, since JJ Abrams much like time travel, The Observer is not this? That we know? One who may have come from the future and in the end casts a sad look on your own? I think so, but here nothing is certain.

The conclusion is accurate that this was an excellent return with two lines crossed in a fluid and effective, providing the episode carried a scent of entertainment. May more.

(Yes it's true, The Observer appeared on "American Idol").moreless

Interesting case

By lost, Feb 20, 2012

This episode was about a mysterious bald boy who was found in a basement that had been sealed for 70 years. It was a really interesting case and the boy had a close connection with Olivia, which made things more interesting. But unfortunately, this episode didn't have anything to do with the main story. It was definitely better than most of the filler type episodes (which are still entertaining). And this episode had a cool ending with the Observer. I really liked this episode but Fringe still needs to get on with the main story.moreless

The Mysterious boy.

By becksdakex, Sep 24, 2011

This week a little bald, pale boy is found living in a creepy cellar that has been closed off for 70 years. The fringe group meets him and the boy and Olivia connects in a special way. The boy doesn't eat or talk but he helps Olivia solve a serial killer case, writing down names and locations upside down. Turns out that the fringe group isn't alone in their interest for the boy, CIA want's to take him to a special facility and use him as some sort of lab rat.We hear the CIA agent talk on the phone, saying "we found another one". Olivia doesn't like this at all. With the help of a doctor and Broyles she makes sure that the CIA can't get to him, sending him off to "a nice family". In the end we see the boy locking eyes with The Observer who then walks away.

The mystery of the boy isn't explained for us in this episode which is a big disappointment for me. It's pretty obvious from the start that he is a little observer. As we seen in previous episodes, they have special abilities and doesn't age, at least not as fast as humans do. I feel very disappointed that the fringe group didn't make a connection to The Observer, they are supposed to be super smart!?

The serial killer was just a regular crazy person, someone you can find on every cop show out there, boring. Necessary for the little observer story but boring. Next time, more focus on the boy. I want to know more about the observers, maybe there's a bald mommy observer somewhere?? Who are they, where do the come from, why are they watching??

Despite everything written above I really enjoyed this episode, the boy actor is very talented and I hope to see more of him in the future.

PS. Olivia's niece is supposed to be 4 on the show!? She looks like my sister who just turned 7. Crazy.moreless

First one to watch from beginning to end

By OnePerCentClub, Sep 04, 2011

I've tried to watch every episode of Fringe, but this is the one that has really caught my attention. The story about the boy being found underground was interesting.

I liked the connection the boy had with Olivia. They seemed to work well together and I'm glad she was able to keep her promise to the child. The boy was very creepy, I even thought he was about to jump and bite whoever came too close to him.

I still don't like Olivia that much. She lacks something, passion, charisma. However, Walter steals every scene. His comments are sometimes hilarious and he seems to live in his own world. It's also nice to see a show where you get to see the main characters' personal lives, in this case, Olivia's family.

The end scene was creepy too. Who was that bald guy?moreless

For the most part, 'Inner Child' is a good example of what Fringe can achieve when thrust into 'stand alone' mode.

By screenagedkicks, Aug 08, 2010

After the game-changing revelations of 'Ability', 'Inner Child's simple tale of the empath and the psycho initially feels a little underwhelming. There are no references to Massive Dynamic or ZFT and barely even a whiff of anything that advances the season-spanning narrative (no, I don't count Olivia's sister.. in fact, I'd rather not think about why she's still hanging around like a bad smell at all, thank you very much), other than the implication at episode end's that the child may be a younger Observer and hence, that the man we've seen at the scene of all the bizarre occurrences this season is probably not the sole weirdo of his kind. This is perhaps a little more significant than it may at first seem however, as the CIA agent's refusal to disclose any further knowledge as to how the child was in the sealed underground chamber hints that the agency had a part in orchestrating this, that the Observers are perhaps 'grown' in this way. I have to admit, I didn't see the connection, despite the glaring similarity in appearance and, as a result, this was somewhat satisfying. Not every episode has to be mythology-laden in order to succeed of course, and for the most part, 'Inner Child' is a good example of what Fringe can achieve when thrust into 'stand alone' mode. The Artist is a suitably macabre villain and is sensibly pushed to the background in favour of concentrating on the child who, let's face it, is a fascinating enigma, very well played (and that's saying something when you consider he doesn't have a single line). Olivia's bond with him is engagingly written and transposes onto the viewer. The only problem really is that we understand exactly what is going on about twenty minutes before the characters figure it out. Now, sure, dramatic irony is a perfectly valid narrative device but when it's unintentional, as here, it falls flat and frustrates rather than captivates. It's frustratingly obvious from the moment that the child writes his first upside down words that he has a connection to the killer and, more importantly, to Olivia, since it is only she that he reacts to. And then, much later, a 'revelatory' scene is presented in which Dunham realises that there is a connection and everyone acts as if it's the biggest shock since the Red Sox won the World Series, while the entire viewing audience mutters a collective, "well, duh". This is a problem that Fringe needs to rectify if it is to concentrate on 'curiosity of the week' instalments. Still, generally enjoyable and a fittingly intriguing return.moreless

This week was about a boy that was found in a sealed,underground tunnel that was set for demolition. The shaft was sealed for more than 70 years.

By LadyReba, Jun 20, 2010

This is not only my favorite episode of Fringe. Spencer List did an astounding job in his silent role as a 70? year old child from beneath the building he was found.He seems to be a compelling actor even without speaking.

As to the episode itself I would love to see more about this boys history and the "others" that are presumed to be like him, as the CIA agent mentioned. I believe this would become a sweeping story in the future, if we were to be shown more of these people and their relationship to our world.

I would love to see all of these elements come together and bring us the story about this child and if there are others.

By far the best episode yet.moreless

A boy is found underground

By vman85, Apr 20, 2009

This week's mystery was surrounded by kid that was found in a sealed, underground tunnel that was set for demolition. The thing is the shaft was sealed for more than 70 years. The boy also looks like The Observer in nearly every way except for the fact that he's small. Right away, Olivia and the boy have a connection right away. Something that grows even stronger as the boy begins to help Olivia with finding a serial killer. And by doing so he begins to feel and read the mind of Olivia as they discuss what to do with the boy, either place him in a home or send him off with some CIA special division that wants to investigate him. Something that Michaels, one of the operatives of this CIA branch, proclaims "Looks like we have found another one."moreless

Fringe returns

By efc91, Apr 12, 2009

Olivia makes a bond with a mysterious child that was living alone underground. Meanwhile, a serial killer reemerges.

After a long break that lasted forever Fringe returned this week with a decent episode, I was expecting better but it was still Fringe. I loved the scene at the start I was really intrested with what was down the whole the scene felt like one of those horror scenes you know with the torches and the dark unnel turns out it was just a kid but I loved the opening scene. Walter was back as well I missed his wackyness. Overal not the best episode but still good.moreless

Load More Reviews