Frosty Returns

Show Reviews (3)

Mediocre
5.8

A terrible take on a classic story.

By BriHar, Dec 15, 2008

I sat down with my son to watch this and taped it while watching. It was so terrible that the plan is to tape over it and pretend that I never saw it. The animation is just bad and the story even worse. The narration is by someone that I barely recognize, and that person doesn't carry over the way all the classic holiday special narrators have. This was a complete waste of time, and I hope that others will read this before they bother to watch and possibly record. John Goodman is the voice of Frosty, but the voice just doesn't match the character. Too bad, I was really hoping it held up to the original!moreless

This was just plain bad. After thoroughly enjoying watching Frosty the Snowman with my four year old daughter, I was shocked at how utterly bad this was.

By BlueKnight13, Dec 13, 2008

The Good:

-- Hard to find any

The Bad:

-- Characters talking about Winter Festival and Fertility holidays. I have friends from different religions but this takes a Christmas theme (from the original) and tries to reinvent it in a way I am sure Pagans themselves would find poor.

-- Truly unsingable songs.

-- The folks who drew this look like the folks the Charlie Brown artists rejected

-- Preachy in the worst possible way.

My wife blessedly started reading to my daughter so her attention turned away but I have no idea what network would look at this plan and think, "Ah, that's a great idea for a children's holiday show."

Frosty got hijacked. Sorry that such a classic turned into such schlock.moreless