Great

Brilliant!

By ReviewGuy, Mar 05, 2014

absolutely perfect. What's more to be said. :)

Fantastic

By edwardbuchana, Jul 01, 2013

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is the best!

With an incredible plot, mesmerizing action sequences, amazing characters, and deep themes, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a masterpiece of an anime

By ToaAME, Apr 02, 2013

This anime... it leaves me speechless. Tears were literally streaming out of my eyes as I watched the climax, simply because of the power of the show. It's incredible. It really is. The story follows Edward Elric and his brother Alphonse as they set out on a journey to recover the bodies they lost after attempting to use alchemy to bring their dead mother back to life. As they meet many different people along the way, they soon become entangled in an elaborate and nefarious conspiracy that spans hundreds of years and hundreds of conflicts involving the country they live in, Amestris.

Plot: The plot of this show will blow your mind. Seriously. Its scope and scale is enormous, and the number of different plotlines creates an awesome story boggling in its complexity. Everything is planned out, as small hints dropped along the way accumulate slowly until it all culminates in grand, magnificent revelations and mind-blowing plot twists. Nothing is as it seems, and the multiple plots involving tons of characters all intertwine together, creating a plot that's brilliant and genius. Even more amazing is the way philosophy is integrated into the show's structure, and is closely tied with chemistry. The series explores deep themes relating to philosophy and in particular morality, and is incredible thought-provoking. It is far from black and white, and at times you may find yourself wondering if you should be for or against certain characters with their own controversial agendas and philosophies who are not expressly evil. It almost never drags

I should mention that this story is really meant for an older audience. There's plenty of silly humor, especially regarding Ed's height, sure, but at its core the story is very dark and has some incredibly disturbing parts that will make you shudder in revulsion at the incredible brutality and evil demonstrated by certain individuals and governments. The Ishvalan Civil War and the Nina incident in particular are chilling in their mercilessness.

Characters: Its amazing that despite such an enormous cast, everyone gets their moments to shine. There is an abundance of lovable and awesome characters, and there is also an abundance of character depth. The anime finds time to develop many of the characters thoroughly, so that they feel real and can be emotionally attached to. Be aware that many awesome characters do die in the series, so be prepared for sorrow and tragedy, of which the series has plenty.

Action: The anime is far more concerned with having a proper, solid story and deep characters than many action sequences, which frankly makes it better than all other action anime out there, in my opinion. When the action sequences do come, however, they are fast-paced, frantic, and generally just awesome and worth the wait, and they really do blow away action sequences from most other series, even the Big Three (One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto). They are relatively short, but they are still incredible in that short time period.

Animation: The anime was obviously made on a high budget, as it is wonderful to look at, and the movements, facial expressions, and battles are all animated fluidly and almost flawlessly, so there's nothing really to complain about here.

Music: The openings are all awesome, and the soundtrack withing the show really helped set the mood.

I really don't think I did the show justice in this review, I really don't, so you'll have to watch it to understand why it's one of my most favorite anime of all time. It's just incredible, so I recommend you get up right now and watch it, because otherwise you are seriously missing out on a experience you'll never forget.

Trust me.moreless

A great and lasting anime

By MountainDew, Mar 23, 2013

I first saw this show on adult swims, "Toonami", and I have to say I could not have been happier from the first episode. The plot is great, there is always something interesting going on, enough to keep you in the show 'till the end of the episode. If your a fan of anime and for some reason HAVEN'T seen this series, I would highly advise you to do so, for it is a great one.

Excellence through and through

By OneHungryHippo, Feb 20, 2013

This a show that, at first, wasn't that great. The first few episodes are like Fullmetal Sparknotes. They speed through the stuff we have already seen in the first anime to get to the new stuff, which is all well and good, but I would prefer them just continuing the story normally, and not compressing it. Serious moments are ruined by comedy. Around episode 16 or so, the comedy goes away and the show gets great, and it makes up for the earlier episodes. Episode 19, in particular, is one of my favorite episodes of the show. The storyline is the same as the original, but it is based off the manga, which doesn't automatically make it better, but I think the story of the manga is better. Overall, it is an excellent anime adaptation of such a great manga.moreless

My Favorite Anime, the best!

By miran131, Feb 27, 2012

The story plot itself is great! And the dynamic characters are really amazing.

Solid anime, never was a fan of the manga.

By ToliverKahn, Jan 11, 2012

The original FMA was a classic anime based on the manga but had to stray away from the plot to wrap its self up. In 2009 FMA Brotherhood was created to follow the manga and finish the story. The anime/manga is okay but never quite live up to other media like One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto and D. Gray Man. The show 's biggest weakness is its problem with plot holes and pacing issues especially during the first 13 episodes and the Briggs Fortress Arc. While the shows ends on a happy note it never quite measures up to the ending in Conqueror of Shamballa.moreless

In Memoriam

By Tim_H, Jan 06, 2012

Warning: Maybe Some Spoilers?

Major props - for doing things I thought were impossible; aka ending this show properly, this is one of the shows that I thought would bring disappointment regardless of the ending, but was proved me wrong.

After about season two I was pretty much addicted to the crazy life of the Elric Brothers, literally staying up as much as my body would let me to watch the next episode. Something rationality told me to calm down years ago, this show had the power to make me relapse into.

The character development was phenomenal; I felt emotions for characters far beyond my expectations, emotions that caught me off guard.

The Plot - unpredictable, well unless you read the Manga, in comparison to the original FMA series, this show is far better.

FMA: Brotherhood is similar to the first use the most addictive substance you can fathom, you just crave more.moreless

Truly a well plotted out and interesting piece of work.

By MadameTamma, Sep 13, 2011

This show is all around a very cleverly written anime. It has romance without it being in your face mushy. it has angst but at an understandable level. Drama without getting too wrapped up in it. The characters are deep, and action that only seems to get eye catching artistic when combined with beautiful animation.

The shows plots are complicated, and when the shocking twists that you don't see coming get thrown at you, they are believable and you really accept them rather than coming off too far fetched. It makes you think but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

When you have humans going up against seemingly immortal monsters, it keeps you on your toes and you can't wait to find out how in the world they get out of these messes.

The only keys to unlocking the secret of reclaiming their old bodies is Science, spiritualistic philosophy and the unknown and while these forces seem to be at constant war with each other, when they come together, you're left with a feeling that it all makes sense you just couldn't see it before.

While it doesn't do all of the things I've mentioned up above perfectly. it does them well enough to give this anime an A in my opinion.moreless

Load More Reviews