A Clone of My Own

Episode Reviews (9)

Great

superb

By futuramarama, Jul 31, 2011

What I liked: "Why do I have to be the hump?" "Because you're too ugly to be the mole", Talking Hump Syndrome, the ending of the episode where Farnsworth tells Cubert about "Wandering bladder syndrome" (or whatever it was called), Cubert saying one of the things he may want to do is be a science fiction cartoon writer, Cubert asking if no one has seen a genius' wiener before, and all of them mutters something and Fry says "Once at the park," amongst other things.

It was good. Cubert got kind of annoying (apparently before the show started his role was going to be pointing out errors, so at least he is not that annoying). There were numerous jokes I laughed at though, so overall my final grade is going to be a B+ for this episode.moreless

Hello, Cubert!

By that70sguy92, Jun 13, 2009

This episode is the introduction to Cubert Farnsworth, Professor Farnsworth's clone. He is a kind of (or very) annoying character. We also learn Professor Farnsworth's true age, and that when people on Earth reach one hundred and sixty years of age, they are taken away to the Near Death Star, and never seen again. This was a good episode overall, but not funny or interesting enough to keep me entertained throughout. They could have done more with the plot and Cubert and the Near Death Star. The episode could have been much better. When I saw the episode summary, it sounded promising, but it did not live up to its potential.moreless

The Professor creates his next heir.

By stitch069917, Jun 19, 2008

The crew decide to give the Professor a celebrity roast and show all of his life's highlights. After viewing the film, the Professor realizes that he has so much left to complete and he doesn't think he will live long enough to finish it. He holds a meeting will all the employees and tells them that he must name an heir to all of his inventions and wealth. Everyone gets excited, especially Fry. The Professor comes to a decision and reveals to everyone that he had created a clone of himself. The clone is now called Cubert and he is a 12 year old boy....moreless

Cubert is very annnoying!!!!

By Iverson82094, Feb 03, 2008

Professor Farnsworth receives word from Mars University that they are revoking his professorship. When he arrives before the university's professors, he reveals all their secrets until he realises it was his 150th birthday party. After everyone talks about how great he is, Farnsworth becomes concerned with his own mortality. He decides he needs to name a successor. The Planet Express staff expects one of them will be named, including Fry, but Farnsworth reveals that his successor will be a 12-year-old clone of himself, Cubert Farnsworth.

Cubert decides that being an inventor is not an appealing career choice. He makes cutting remarks about the Professor and his inventions, which include a time travel machine and a translator which turns words into an incomprehensible, dead language (French, despite this being used in the show before). A depressed professor makes a recording over Bender's soap operas telling his crew that he has been lying about his age; he is actually 160, the age when robots from the Sunset Squad take people away, never to be seen again. Under cover of an overly-dramatic thunderstorm, a Grim Reaper-like hooded robot arrives, and takes the professor away even when he says good-bye to everything in sight.

The crew set off to rescue the professor, and find the Near-Death Star, the Sunset Squad's base of operations. The crew sneak in with Fry dressed up as the professor (who apparently escaped) with Cubert on his back posing as a hump to make him look "old". They even brought a huge jar of Cubert's blood just in case. They locate the professor, who is unconscious and hooked to a life-support system. The robots discover the crew who then race back to the Planet Express Ship, Professor Farnsworth in tow.

As they reach the landing pad Cubert is knocked unconscious, but they make it onto the ship in one piece. When the ship takes off, the robots open fire, damaging the engines. A reawakened Cubert announces that he knows how to fix the engines, and the crew make their escape. It is revealed the dark matter engines don't move the ship, but instead move the universe, allowing the ship to go faster than the speed of light. Safely back on Earth, Cubert tells the professor that he has decided to follow in his footsteps.moreless

Cubert is annoying. :P.

By captaindillo456, Jul 26, 2007

This is a good episode, it introduces Cubert, who is purely the most annoying character ever, I want to strangle him at every turn, making him a good character and a purely good plot, I really like the near death star and the Proffeser's birthday, that was hilarious.

All the characters were great in this one and the introduction of a new character was great. Also, I beleive this is one of the greatest animated episodes of all time, I can't beleive the animation it produced, I was blown away.

This is one of the greatest in season 2 and I enjoy the jokes every time, getting funnier each time.moreless

The Professor makes a clone of himself so that it can carry on his work.

By mataletea, Feb 09, 2007

In this episode the Professor realises that he is coming up to the end of his life and he has nobody to carry on his vital work. The crew jostle with one another trying to prove to the him that they should be named as his successor. To everybodys surprise none of them are named and instead the Professor makes a clone of himself to eventually take over his work. Unfortunately his clone Cubert, has no intention of carrying on the Professors work, believing him to be a crazy old fool.

Overall a nice episode, with lots of fuuny moments.moreless

Professer Farnsworths little clone.

By southfamilyguy, Oct 26, 2006

It's Farnsworth's 150th birthday, and a party is being held for him at Mars University. However the party makes him realize there is so much he has to do, and so little time to do it.

Back home, he reveals his clone, Cubert Farnsworth, who looks and acts like an obnoxious 12 year old brat. The crew soon takes a dislike to Cubert. Farnsworth is crushed when Cubert tells him he doesn't want to be a scientist because Farnsworth's inventions never worked.

The rest of the episode youll have to see, it is a very funny episode and I think in the top 10 episodes of futurama.moreless

Introduction of Cubert

By jimbo_001, Jan 31, 2006

This episode is terrific, especially the first act with Farnsworth's surprise 150th birthday with great jokes from characters such as Bender ("And now a man who needs no introduction...

(long pause) Fry, get up there!") and Zoidberg ("Now I'm not saying Professor Farnsworth is old, but if you consider his age, he's likely to die soon").

I also like the scenes with Cubert and Farnsworth explaining his inventions such as the universal translater which only translates into "crazy gibberish" (French).

The fact that when you turn 160, you are sent to the Near Death Star. This is a very creative plot and is very entertaining.moreless