Jurassic Bark

Episode Reviews (82)

Superb

The only funny cartoon to make me cry!

By DavidPerry, Jun 24, 2015

The parts about the dog are so sad it made me cry. Even watching it many times afterwards it still tugs at my heart because... that's how loyal pets are. Innocent, unending love, and devotion.

Beautiful but sad episode.

An episode for animal lovers

By gpph, Jun 11, 2014

That ending was beautiful and very sad. The rest was funny, but not especially so--true, for another show it might be top-notch, but for Futurama it's SOP. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Then again, I'm not a big animal lover.

Extremly sad episode.

By leonlarsson1, May 01, 2014

Ive have seen this episode about 10 times always end up crying.

Wrong

By rockincds, Aug 30, 2012

Jurassic Park is Season 4 episode 7.

Shows you the shape of your heart

By jinsoncme, Apr 28, 2012

Its hard to explain an episode which drives you through several emotions in the span of 22 minutes. The highs of laughter, happiness to the lows of loneliness and depression. This is by far the most heart-breaking sweet episode in the series. The episode seems very normal, with the usual antics and general flashbacks to when Fry was in the 90s. Yet the ending is so unexpected and so perfectly done that it will reach out and touch you. The imagery and the song. Perfect. just plain perfect.

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.moreless

One of my favorite episodes.

By SuperArff, Apr 08, 2012

This episode is extremely well written, quite hilarious and overall a great episode. I think that the end was amazingly done and I enjoyed that Futurama was sad once for a change.

A masterpiece... gives you all that is best about the show. In its sadness and its joy, this episode blends emotion in such a proper way that in one poignant instant you are so drawn in you cannot bear to watch yet are too dazzled to look away.

By jinson_cme, Aug 18, 2011

This episode follows a common track of the Simpsons writers - misdirection. Often in every joke of theirs, they seem to go a normal route when they veer off into a crazy one. Easily enjoyable as a laugh a minute ride, it soon turns into a roller-coaster of emotions. Fulfilling both to the heart and the soul.

The Episode begins with Fry discovering that his old Pizza place has been unearthed, and with it his old dog, fossilized. His only friend back in the day, Fry gets Dr. Fransworth to agree to clone him. But Fry's overindulgence in his old best friend leaves his new best friend feeling neglected. Bender's efforts to get Fry's attention are very laughable and who can resist a dog singing 'walking on sunshine'. But the denouement comes as a wow. And a fine ending recalling such classics as Dr. Strangelove, this is a standalone episode yet it works so much as an integral part of the Futurama universe. This episode just reaffirms why the series is so beloved. In all its edginess and the abounding humor, the show still has heart. What more can you ask for?moreless

Saddest tv episode ever made.

By wenderloo222, Aug 18, 2011

This is the only time a tv show has ever made me curl up into the fetal position and cause my eyes to well up with tears. It was a great episode but I can never watch it again. ever. Every time I see it on tv I have to immediately change the channel. At least there's hope in the future when the writers readdress the story. But that still can't take away the initial sadness. Maybe I'm being too melodramatic but it's this episode's fault. I thought cartoons were suppose to be light-hearted? Damn you Futurama. Probably one of their best episodes in the entire series.moreless

Ending always gets me

By Southparkfa, Aug 18, 2011

In this episode, Fry revists a recreation of a pizza parlor form his time, only to find out it's the one where he used to work at, and then he sees his petrified dog! He then tries to get him from the museum, but they refuse to give it to him... so he steals it. Then the professor announces he's made a machine that can bring his dog, Seymour back to life, so fry takes the chance. Then Bender, feeling neglected by Fry, throws Seymour in lava, making Fry cry. And Bender, feeling remorse for what he did, goes into get Seymour. I will not lie, the ending to this episode is one of the saddest ever seen in a television show (maybe ever.) Overall, an all-time favorite of mine, and well worth watching. 10/10 A+moreless

Load More Reviews