Meanwhile

Episode Reviews (10)

Superb

Perfect series finale

By Girlygeek43, Mar 18, 2014

Now here's something Futurama did that other shows in it's genre have failed to do, end when it needed to. Futurama may have had it's duds from time to time, but this series finale uses imagery, emotions, and writing like no other. All in all, the writers knew what they were doing, and it ended when it needed to.

A flawless episode to go out on

By gpph, Dec 31, 2013

Very touching, clever, and hilarious. Apparently they saved a lot of their best Season 10 ideas for this one episode, and I'm actually glad they did. It's one of the best of the series.

What am I going to do with my life

By Jaxful, Dec 20, 2013

I finshed the show last night, and now i dont know what I am going to do with my life... Overall I would say it was a great finale. It had a bit of everything from the past seasons, and my favorite part about it was when the professor said that it would take them back to the moment before he created the time button. I really hope that this show gets renewed ANYWHERE I dont care what network.

Amazing Episode

By georgepanono, Nov 07, 2013

Great season finale nothing bad to say, it was funny and had a unique interesting and great story.

A perfect ending to a great show...

By mori1bund, Sep 06, 2013

still leaves a very smart loophole for a comeback.

In addition this episode has many moments and elements that one can find in the best episodes of this show. This episode is an instant classic!

Perfect episode, I hope Futurama will never return

By wwwjensweb, Sep 05, 2013

What an ending for such a great show. The episode started off normal, but then turned into one of the greatest moments in TV or movies for me ever. It had everything:

- this half science, half crazy thing that Futurama can do so perfectly if they just try hard enough

-all those little jokes that made every second of that episode so great (spoiler/exaple: a bed made of pandas with coalas as pillows; makes you ask yourself if they are warm or not)

- really good storytelling for just 22min time

- a perfect ending for fry and leela

hope and guess this was for real the last episode, and it should be, now go with grace and such a great episod, this is a perfect ending

moreless

"Wanna go around again?"

By AnythingTv, Sep 05, 2013

Now THIS is the kind of finale that Futurama deserved.

As a show that's had not one but four (potential) finales, you could say that Futurama has become a bit of an expert on the subject. Admittedly, their success in that field has been a little, shall we say, scattershot.

The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings was long standing the one that I recognized as THE definitive ending, both bittersweet and full of hope for the future. The ending to Into the Wild Green Yonder also had its moments, and it was great to see Leela and Fry finally get together, but it somehow just didn't live up to the first for me. As for Reincarnation, the rumored last episode when it was uncertain if the show would be picked up for another season, I'll admit.... I was underwhelmed.

But I have to say, the writers really hit the nail on the head this time. As a show that for years has been one of my favorites (and sometimes I feel has been under-appreciated), "Meanwhile" was a fitting tribute to a couple that's been building since the episode "Titanic" in season two.

Fry finally takes the big leap to propose to Leela, while swiping an invention of the Professor's that can replay the same ten seconds over and over again, allowing him to make the moment last as long as he wants. Without giving too much away to those that haven't watched it, crazy time antics happen and Fry and Leela are trapped in a single moment that is frozen for all of eternity while they age naturally.

The last episode wasn't afraid to pull out the black humor and cynicism Futurama is great at, but the blows were softened by sentiment and humanity, with each dark joke countered by a rather touching Fry/Leela moment. The finale managed to give the characters a bit of closure in addition to making several nods to parts of the show's history, while managing not to wrap it up too neatly, hinting that-for the characters at least-life in this universe would go on.

As an episode, there are a few minor qualms (the plot did seem a bit mechanical at times, with not much that you honestly couldn't see coming), but as a finale, Meanwhile did a spectacular job of giving a great send off to a great show, and has since become one of my favorite episodes that the series has produced.

moreless

Excellent series finale. Goodbye Futurama, I hope It will return

By ayranci2, Sep 05, 2013

Futurama is a very funny, entertaining and sci-fi show. It was great that Comedy Central revived this Show. I know some people doesn't like the revived version of this show and they are glad that this show got canceled but I liked the revived version and I hated that this show got canceled again. I hope this show returns and I hope It will be better than ever. At least we will see Futurama last time in The Simpsons/Futurama crossover episode and I'm so looking forward to this crossover. Anyway, I thought series finale of Futurama was great. To be honest, I liked this episode more than "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings", "Into the Wild Green Yonder (Part 4)" and "Overclockwise". I'm glad this series ended with a happy ending. The plot was clever and It was sci-fi again. There were no boring moment in this episode. Every mintue of this episode was very enjoyable. This episode wasn't very funny but there were some funny moments in this episode. The funniest part of this episode is when Professor took the money that Zoidberg found, then Professor sent the universe 10 seconds into the past and then in Zoidberg didn't find the money in his pocket. Fry and Leela's life after they broke the universe was great and I'm glad Professor wasn't dead and he returned at the end of this episode. This episode is definetly my favorite episode of this season and It's one of my new favorite Futurama episodes. Also I thought the last season (season 7b) was great. I rate this season 9/10. I definetly recommend this episode to everyone, even the people who doesn't like the revived version of Futurama. Goodbye Futurama. I hope It will return. 10/10moreless

A goodbye to a great show

By marlenehansen, Sep 05, 2013

This is one of the rare moments where a tv show has a really good ending episode which soften the blow for the fact that there won't be anymore episodes and accept it.

I am going to miss this show because it has been a good one even after it got revival.

I have been following Futruama ever since it premiered in 1999. Loved all the sci-fi elements and especially the topic of time travel and dimensions episodes and I am happy they chose to end it with an episode which involves it.

Farewell Futurama you have been a damn good serie and I am happy you got revival even though some of the newere episodes have been a little under futurama standard but beside that the revival has also tributed with a lot of great episodes including this awesome final episode... Thumbs up from my side.

And who knows maybe we will be seeing Futurama in the future and if not it has been pleasure watching the serie ^^moreless