Time Keeps on Slipping

Episode Reviews (14)

Superb

Gets Boring The More I See It

By futuramarama, Mar 15, 2011

It is an exciting episode the first time you watch it, but I think that the more I see it, the quality goes down. It is too predictable (Well of course it is, but still), it's not as funny, and the plot doesn't seem as good. And I do not think the ending is that sad, to be honest. My overall grade for this is an A- or so, but to be honest I do think it should be lower. I like the episode it just goes down a little more the more I see it. Still good, I thinkmoreless

The Harlem Globe Trotters come to Earth and challenge it's inhabitants to a basketball game for glory. Professor Farnsworth accepts their challenge with his team of mutant super men.

By MarcusWilliams, Oct 07, 2009

The first time I saw this episode I came in at the end, after the crew had moved the stars around the nebula with the gravity machine.

I came in at the part when Leela was telling Fry that there was no way that they would ever go out, and then time skipped to when they were getting married.

After this Leela accused Fry of tricking her into marrying him, divorced him, and pretty much stopped on his heart, showing that there is no way that she will care for him the way he cares for her.

Then Leela lets Fry pilot the ship to take them out to a safe distance from the nebula, so they won't get pulled in when they set off the doomsday device. While Fry is doing this she goes into another room to do something else with Bender.

The whole time Fry is taking the ship out he is wondering what magnificent thing he did to get Leela to love him, and just before they set off the doomsday device he sees that the stars around the nebula say "I love you Leela." Then the device goes off and sucks them all in.

Fry yells for Leela and Bender to come back, and when they do he asks if they seen it, and they ask "Seen what?" Fry says "Nothing," and just stares out the window as Leela and Bender walk away and Bender whistles the Globe Trotters theme music.

So Fry moved the stars themselves for Leela and got nothing. It was much more sad for me the first time I saw it because I thought it took a lot more work, but after I saw it the second time, it was still pretty sad. Overall a great episode. In my top three.moreless

Hilarious and sad.

By ctm723, Jul 01, 2009

This episode was so funny and the end was sad and some hilarious parts are when Leela told Fry to cool his jets and he said come on Leela and she said really cool your jets your melting Bender's face and then you see Bender under Fry's jet melting and when that mutant with a cannon in his chest showboated after making a shot and Farnsworth got made and could barely pick up a chair and barely could throw it. Also it was very funny when those kids where standing outside and on kid said stupid old people why do we have to give them money and then time skipped and they where old and the same kid said we deserve money. Overall because of the hilarious time skips,basketball game,and because of the sad last scene is why this is so good.moreless

Excellent!

By that70sguy92, Jun 16, 2009

A really great episode. This episode has to be one of my favorite episodes of Futurama. It was a great idea for a plot, and the jokes were spot on ever single time. I also enjoyed the introduction to the Harlem Globetrotters, it was very memorable. I also liked Professor Farnsworth's mutants, they were very funny, and I enjoyed them a lot. Another shining scene was the basketball game. I enjoyed it a lot.

After a basketball game with the Harlem Globetrotters (who, in Futurama of course, are from a distant planet in the universe), time starts to skip at random times.moreless

one of the best episodes, touching and funny

By Blind_Legend, Jun 24, 2008

Freakin hillarious episode. If you've never been in Fry's shoes in this episode, then count yourself to be one lucky son of a gun. I've seen this episode many times and each time it proves meaningful since I find myself in some random heartbreak every few months.

It never ceases to amaze me that Futurama can be completely absurd with the Harlem Globetrotters, be absolutely hilarious, and prove to be one of the most touching shows on television.Catch this episode for some real life truly touching pain in a comedic setting. You don't see that in Family Guy. the whole episode is hillarious until fry sees the stars and found out what made leela like him before, but leela sucks the stars into a black whole before she can see what they saymoreless

One of my favorite episodes in the history of TV!!!!!

By Iverson82094, Feb 19, 2008

In the 30th Century, the once entertaining Harlem Globetrotters are now feared as they will humiliate any planet in the Universe who dares to play them. Feeling up to the challenge, Professor Farnsworth creates a group of mutant basketball players to go head-to-head with the Globetrotters. Farnsworth's secret winning ingredient is chronitons, time particles found in the Tempus Nebula. However, when the Planet Express crew removes the mutants from harvesting, they tip off the Time/Space Continuum causing forward motion of time to skip ahead.

This episode had so many hilarious jokes that no other show could duplicate!!! I absolutely loved this episode as one of the best episodes from a TV series ever! Maybe not that good but still amazingly hilarious with many great jokes. You don't want to miss this episode.moreless

Professor Farnsworth creates mutant, superhuman basketball players to play against the Harlem Globetrotters but in the process ruins space-time. The crew need to figure out how to solve the problem as time keeps skipping forward.

By slinkdogg, Jul 05, 2007

This is one of the first episodes that really pushes the idea that Fry loves Leela. Other episodes have hinted at it but it takes on a major role from here on out in the series. There was one major issue I had with this episode. Bender and Fry both seemed to be out of character throughout the episode. Fry could be explained by him simply falling in love with Leela and trying to act less childish to win her over. With Bender, I was always expecting him to just give up on trying to become a Globetrotter and end up robbing Bubble Gum Tate. Both characters just seemed very different in this episode. Also, I thought that Bender's life long dream was to become a folk singer, which he realized in the previous episode.

In conclusion, Time Keeps On Slipping was still a good episode. Not as entertaining as most others but the development of the Fry - Leela "romance" can boost its grade up.

7/10moreless

Time leaps forward and random moments.

By mataletea, Feb 05, 2007

After being challenged to a basketball game by the Harlem Globetrotters, the Professor grows some mutant superman to play against them. He harvests some chronitons to accelerate their growth. After which times starts leaping forward at random moments in time.

During the time jumps we see Fry and Leela get married. But Fry cannot remember what act caused the change in Leela's mind about their relationship. Fry desperately tries to discover what great thing he did to win her heart only to see that destroyed before his very eyes.

Overall this is a very special episode, another hint towards the fact that Leela holds feelings for Fry.moreless

Introduction of the Harlem Globetrotters

By jimbo_001, Feb 01, 2006

This episode is a very well plotted one and can do the one thing most sitcoms cannot, being a hilarious show with some emotional scenes that can still make you laugh yet feel for the characters at the same time.

Bender never being able to achieve his lifelong dream of being a Globetrotter makes you laugh at his idea of a dream but also has some scenes that make you realise he'll never be completely happy.

Fry and Leela somehow getting married, Fry thinking he must have done some great gesture and Leela completely convinced that Fry tricked her by drugging or hypnotising her makes you laugh yet feel for Fry, especially at the end where the one thing that made Leela love him was destroyed and all hope was gone.

Farnsworth was hilarious in this episode with one of those frequent "Good news everyone" before sending the crew to gather cronatons, which destroyed an entire civilisation, the doomsday devices and the super-atomic super men.

The time skips are hilarious, especially Amy's, Zoidberg's and Farnsworth's aswell as the kids down at the soial security office, though why nobody else aged, I'll never understand. The news report skipping was hilarious aswell and this episode proves that Futurama should never have been cancelled.moreless

Load More Reviews