Game of Thrones: Watch the First Trailer for Season 4 (VIDEO)

By Tim Surette

Jan 13, 2014

Guys Guys Guys! 

It's here! Tonight at 8:58pm Eastern, HBO premiered the trailer for Game of Thrones' fourth season just before the series debut of True Detective. And now that trailer is here for you. Behold!

OMG Mountain fight. Yes. Can't wait!!!

Game of Thrones returns for Season 4 on Sunday, April 6 at 9pm on HBO.

• Comments (86)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • nova_matt Jan 20, 2014

I have realised something lately. There seems to be a lot more spoiler from book readers as time goes on... Here is my take on it though. I feel those that read the books prior to the TV show (for the most part) did well to keep their knowledge to themselves but as the show goes on and more people pick up the books there seem to be a lot of people dropping subtle or outright spoilers of parts the show has not got to yet. I have read the books for the record and done my best not to spoil anything for those that hadn't.

Has anyone else noticed this or were the spoilers always there?

• ionee24 Feb 03, 2014

All I can is that I had to read all 5 books before I dared to venture online (that way no one can spoil me anymore).

I wouldn't be surprised if more and more amongst the TV audience started doing the same.

• woz22 Jan 15, 2014

Looks great can't work out which are the House Banners on top of the hill is it the freys and ? Tyroin is getting involved in the dodgy debts and looks like joffery is on the way down. Hoping Jon Snow fights back for the Starks , Dragons look great as well, can't wait !

• jau0062 Jan 13, 2014

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!! Oberyn and the Mountaing, the Purple Wedding!!!!!!!!! I'm just dying of excitement!!!!

• efonsecajr Jan 13, 2014

Every year the wait gets longer.

• osdawaya16 Jan 13, 2014

So much promise I can't wait so excited

• klotensen Jan 13, 2014

OMG I'M FREAKIN' OUT!

ELLLIIIIIAAAAAAAAA!!!!

• othsmallsuplost Jan 13, 2014

Yeah!!! can't wait!!

• flyboy183 Jan 13, 2014

One word, Needle!

• zzbeach Jan 13, 2014

I am probably the only one here who watches the show but I'm not a BIG fan. And I won't be fooled again by slick trailers like they had for seasons 2 and 3. Just because the promo looks good doesn't mean it won't be 95% people walking around talking and snarling at each other and 5% plot development. I'm still going to watch in hopes this season moves better than last season, but i'm not holding my breath.

• dex073 Jan 13, 2014

walking around and talking are plot development

• zampognaro Jan 13, 2014

Since when are dialogue and plot development mutually exclusive?

• zzbeach Jan 14, 2014

When the dialogue is inane and adds nothing to move the story. I know, I know, I'm a cave man who wants blood and action, blah, blah. I wish I loved the show, but I find it the pacing slow and a lot of useless banter. I'll still watch it, isn't that enough?

• ionee24 Jan 14, 2014

I don't share the opinion mostly because every new show from Revolution to Reign tries to sell itself as "the new Game of Thrones" as of late.

That wouldn't happen if the balance between dialogue & action were less than perfect.

• zzbeach Jan 14, 2014

A few years ago new shows compared themselves to Lost and Battlestar Galactica. Then both shows had such horrible final seasons and the comparisons stopped.

• Lars900 Jan 13, 2014

5 procent plot development? Of course. And beacause it has much dialogue it isn't good? The dialogue in the series is one of the things that makes the show stand out. If you hate/don't like dialogue than this show (and many others) is not something for you.

• Carla-Wexler Jan 13, 2014

Cue the sound of thousands of fanboys crywanking.

• See More Comments (31)