Fox Cancels Gang Related After One Season

By HanhBNguyen

Sep 03, 2014

Gang Related has officially joined the ranks of one-and-done TV shows.

Fox has canceled the freshman drama about a Los Angeles Police Department task force taking—and in some cases, helping—the city's gangs, Deadline reports.

The series, which starred Ramon Rodriquez, Jay Hernandez, Terry O'Quinn, and the RZA, debuted in May to tepid numbers, drawing only 2.9 million viewers and a 0.9 rating in the 18-to-49 demographic. Over the course of its 13 episodes, the show averaged 2.5 million viewers.

According to Deadline, Fox considered bringing Gang Related back for a second season, but ultimately decided it was too heavily serialized for a summer run.

Will you miss Gang Related?

• Comments (43)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • gavinfza Oct 10, 2014

Why start a series when you going to cancel it

• cranknet Sep 11, 2014

Why The hell they canceled my favorite show, I want Los Anhelicos dead.

• JorgitoMejia Sep 08, 2014

What a shame... Far better show that Under the Dome, and that one in in its second season...

• kermitdefrog Sep 03, 2014

Dang this was a good show! I didn't expect much, but it surprised me. Stupid Fox.

• Eric10301 Sep 03, 2014

Anything with RZA in it should have never made it to TV in the first place.

• antmorris3511 Sep 03, 2014

:) thats a damn shame, but its 100% accurate.

• AdedayoAdelakun Sep 03, 2014

Didn't even watch it, saw the promo and cast and just thought this aint going to last!! Glad I didn't waste my time.

• dynalee3 Oct 14, 2014

then Adedayoadelakun............ why did you bother to waste your time to post anything in the first place. You're an idiot.

• AdedayoAdelakun Oct 15, 2014

Wow really an 'idiot'. You do know my comment had nothing to do with you? I don't know you i gave an opinion on a post and I didn't insult anyone and yet you felt the urge to post a comment like that on my opinion. Clearly out of the 2 of us, the idiot is quite obvious for everyone to see. I reckon you IQ has got to be less than 70 for you to type that on a post of someone you don't know!!! What a muppet.

• SokkaAppa Sep 03, 2014

it got really really good during the last 7 episodes. If you have time, I would highly recommend it.

• AdedayoAdelakun Oct 15, 2014

Really, fair enough mate thanks for the advice, might check it out then.

• antmorris3511 Sep 04, 2014

seven really good episodes couldnt save it?

• SokkaAppa Sep 04, 2014

well I guess not. A lot of people may have just tuned out before it got truly epic. I'm not exaggerating. This show got truly compelling towards the end.

Its seems like The Event suffered a similar phenom.

• MarlboroMagpi Sep 03, 2014

FOX is becoming as bad as NBC about cancelling shows. Beware of NBC and Fox when watching new shows.

Gang Related got so much better towards the end and deserved a second season. I enjoyed it.

• jackwagon Sep 03, 2014

And what, ABC and CBS aren't swift to cancel something if it underperforms or is slow to gain momentum?

All four big networks are equally quick to cancel a series if it doesn't perform up to expectations. I don't get why anyone thinks any one or two networks are worse than the others.

• MarlboroMagpi Sep 05, 2014

I do not have the stats but I am quite sure if you total the number of new shows and the cancellation after that, NBC would have the most. That is also why NBC have the most new shows this fall. I am not very sure about Fox but it is certainly following the trend. I think HBO and AMC might have the least number of cancelled shows.

• dynalee3 Oct 14, 2014

It's all about the bottom line. If the show is too expensive to produce, the actors are paid too much.....and they cant squeeze the sponsors for more $$$........they go back to the one room sitcoms with nobody as actors and stupid, moronic scripting.

• KellyHiggins2 Sep 03, 2014

It sucked from episode one! Those Mexican accents killed me. Tag line should have been "When your up against LA's worst gangs you need a secret weapon. Cops who are even worse!" But it got so ridiculous that it almost got good ridiculous, like '24'. I'd have ironically watched season 2.

• KiraguGichuri Sep 03, 2014

Was an OK show, the 2nd half really picked up.
    Thought it should have been on FX so it can be grittier, which was lacking.
    If they can give "The Killing" more airtime after that first season, "Gang Related" deserved at least a second season.

Shows about narcs and special task forces have to be gritty or they'll suck. The Shield and Southland were really gritty. Most cop shows arent. I think thats why the good ones really stand out.

• KiraguGichuri Sep 05, 2014

TRUE...which is why I LOVE LOVE LOOOVE The Shield and Southland.

• haldrey Sep 03, 2014

Shame. the show did improved a lot and deserved a second season. This show might do wonders in a premium channel, attention HBO, etc.

• See More Comments (19)