Good
7.1

After allowing himself to be talked into marriage counselling for their church, George gets into a competition over who does more work.

By VerityJackson, Jun 03, 2010

There were some chuckles to be found, but the same old trite "Husband thinks he does more than the wife, who is convinced she does more, get into a competition." *Yawn*

It was sorta nice to have Vic speak up for wives who feel unappreciated, but 1) it didn't ring all that true to me and 2) a bit too late- right before the contest was "thrown" by George with thoughts of Angie leaving him dancing in his head.

I think I was hoping for someone to throw in a "when you make marriage a competition like this nobody wins" kind of sentiment, but no big. One line wouldn't've helped this episode IMO.

After a large dose of SuperUltraMegaBitchy and Obnoxious Bennie in the first part of this season, having her just have a scene was a nice reprieve.

Since the show isn't trying to be all message-y or trying to save every marriage in the country, tired old stereotypes shouldn't upset me, which they don't. They bore and disappoint. If you missed this episode, you didn't miss much. If you miss it in syndication? Not a loss.

moreless