Mediocre
5.6

A rather disappointing show.

By RustyBattleship, Nov 02, 2008

This show was a big disappointment to me and wasted 7 hours on my recorder while handing out candy to the neighborhood kids.

There was absolutely nothing remarkable that was seen, heard or felt. The tweaking collar could have been done with a hidden thread down the right sleeve. At least that's what it looked like to me when I reran it several times.

The professional wrestler guest hunter spent too much time, dialogue and film bragging about himself. Though I must credit him for paying his own way and actually having an interest in ghost hunting.

What really got to me was one of the film crew coming out of the pantry into the kitchen and Jason snapping at him to go away. Being live, they could not edit that part out. But you notice that the camera never looked into the pantry again.

Which leads one to believe that a lot of the footsteps, knocks, bangs ("cannon shot" of earlier broadcast) are being done either accidentally or on purpose by the dozens of other technicians all over the place.

I have seen one apperation that qualifies (by description and consensus) as a real ghost. Her name was Vera and --- well that's for another time.

I liked their old episode of the USS Hornet as I worked on that ship. I worked for the Navy for 39 years and have traced down every "bump in the night" on totally abandoned (inactive) warships myself. I know what they are and shortly before retirement I was able to prove my theory with actual piano wire alignments of elevator rails. It is expansion and contraction of the hull that causes those noises when the temperature changes. This is especially true on an old riveted ships and the measurements I took were on a brand new all-welded ship.

I will watch their Wednesday review of the show, but I don't expect much and won't believe too much of any "positive" conclusions they may make.

Too bad. I wish there really were ghosts so when it's my time to go, I won't be going very far.moreless