The First Adorable Teaser for Girl Meets World Is Here! (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Apr 10, 2014

Friends, family, and Mr. Feeny—Disney's upcoming Boy Meets World's spin-off Girl Meets World already has it all, and now it's got a teaser, too! The new series will follow Cory (Ben Savage) and Topanga's (Danielle Fishel) daughter Riley (Rowan Blanchard) as she navigates the world with her best friend Maya (Sabrina Carpenter), similar to the way Cory and Shawn did in the original series. 

These girls have mighty big shoes to fill, and only time will tell how well they'll do, but fans should take comfort in knowing that the spin-off is being helmed by Michael Jacobs, the same man who guided us through Cory's own journey in the '90s. The new teaser isn't much, but it does give us a look at what kind of parents Cory and Topanga turned out to be (great ones, obviously), and still makes me jealous of Fishel's hair. The only thing the show needs now is a premiere date. Click play and then sound off with your first impressions in the comments!

Boy Meets World fans, will you watch Girl Meets World? Or are you too old to be taught a lesson?

• Comments (36)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • torque_smacky Apr 11, 2014

A lot of people don't seem to remember how kid-commy the original BMW was when it started. Completely off the wall. I remember an episode where Feeny quit and Cory became the teacher in his place, and demanded the kids address him formally as "HEY DUDE." If you'd been an adult you wouldn't have been watching that.

Then it started calming down and became more adult and layered gradually. So for those of you repulsed by the boppiness of this trailer, take heart: maybe, in five years, Riley will develop a drinking problem.

• Draconax Apr 11, 2014

Let's not forget ridiculous shit like Cory and Shawn making Finkus disappear from the show with the power of their minds, only to have him reappear 5 seasons later...

• antdude Apr 11, 2014

Meh.

• Amazon_Hollow Apr 11, 2014

Is it me, is it just me?

Cory & Topanga's parenting skills, is more funny humor than Alan & Amy from (Boy Meets World) are plan more serious line...

So, I guess they match up the alley to "Mel" by Melissa Joan Hart & "Joe" by Joey Lawrence from "Melissa & Joey" on ABC Family... Where parenting skills is more funny humor than plan more serious line....

• km91505n Apr 11, 2014

I'm 21 years old and I can't wait to watch this. Whats wrong with me.
    Ridiculously excited.

• fringe203611212 Apr 11, 2014

Feeny! FeeHeeeeeNeeeeey!

• dh4645 Apr 11, 2014

pretty bad trailer IMO, was hoping for a little more. Also it's a little hard to understand what the daughter says before Topanaga shows up.

• IndianaMom Apr 11, 2014

I'm really excited to see it. I wan't to see what's happened to Cory & Topanga and any other guests they have from BMW, but I probably won't watch it all the time.

• mcepin3 Apr 11, 2014

Can they still replace those 2 teenagers? Daughter and her bff or whatever she is?:D

• dh4645 Apr 11, 2014

umm no, they have taped a ton of eps already. at least in these clips the daughter slurs some of her words...its kinda hard to understand her.

her friend didn't speak, so i have no opinion other than she's a cutie.

• antdude Apr 11, 2014

They still use tapes? :P

• saizen33 Apr 10, 2014

Looks good. Still wish she had a older sibling though like Cory had. Awhile back I read that she was supposed to have a brother and they fired him. Unless, of course, that has changed.

• IndianaMom Apr 11, 2014

Yeah, they decided they didn't need another sibling. The timing didn't work out for an older brother. BMW went off the air in 2000 and Topanga wasn't pregnant.

• KevinG87 Apr 10, 2014

I'll probably watch it, but most likely it'll be casually. Disney and Nickelodeon shows just aren't that interesting anymore, and not just because I'm in my late 20s.. I think it's kind of weird that it's a Disney Channel show but still focuses on the parents so much because of Boy Meets World, why didn't they pick it up at ABC Family instead?

• itsmemadie01 Apr 11, 2014

hahaha same sentiments here I remember That's so Raven, Lizzie, All That and even Kenan and Kel growing up I don't know i think I stopped watching after they had Hannah Montana just intolerable for me since... Excited for GMW.

• See More Comments (6)