Glee: It's Time to Compile Our End-of-Days Wishlist

By MaryAnn Sleasman

Nov 05, 2013

It's true. Word on the street is that Glee's sixth season will be its swan song, and with the death knell doing its death knell thing, the entire series, in all its neon-leopard-print-sequined entirety, miiiiiight relocate to New York City full-time before the curtain finally falls. Or maybe Kurt will move to Russia? Either way, now that Fox's musical masterpiece/travesty—it depends on who you ask, really—has an expiration date, it's time to take part in that mucho-beloved interwebs tradition: making a list of our hopes demands. 

After mourning Cory Monteith and then taking a few weeks off, the show returns on Thursday with "A Katy or a Gaga"—and with over a season-and-a-half left, pretty much anything goes. No, really, because this is Glee we're talking about. What songs do you want to see covered in the next 40 or so episodes? What current (or seemingly long-forgotten) storylines would you like to see resolved? Artist tributes? Pop-culture parodies?

Leave your ideas in the comments! But first, here are some freebies from moi: 

– Unique and Ryder get over themselves and become BFFs despite the catfishing thing. OR, Ryder wises up and makes his parents move to a different school district to get away from the WTF CRAZYPANTS kids in New Directions.

– A FREAKING BETTE MIDLER TRIBUTE. The Divine Miss M needs some love. "Wind Beneath my Wings," "The Rose." Personally, I'd sell my firstborn for an "Otto Titsling" cover. 

– Marley's mom wins the Ohio state lottery. 

– Marley's mom unionizes the lunch ladies in a glorious "Lunchlady Land" meets Newsies crossover. 

– An American Psycho parody starring Mr. Schue as Patrick Bateman. 

– Some Avenue Q awesomeness... and actually, that one might already be in the works. How else would you interpret this promise of puppets?

– How is Sue's daughter, Robin, turning out? Does she ever get to see her father, Michael Bolton? 

– Can we get a good and non-half-assed resolution to Coach Beiste's domestic abuse story?

– ZIGGY STARDUST. Or whatever this creepy-ass puppet shit is: 

– Is Finn's mom, like, okay? She didn't seem okay a few weeks ago. And that's okay. But I'd like to see her being okay by the end of the series, you know?

– Hedwig and the Angry Inch. "Wig in a Box" is tame enough for network TV, right? Maybe?

– How's Brittany doing at MIT? What's Quinn up to at Yale?

– Will Becky ever get actual help, or will everyone just continue to overlook the underlying reasons that led to her bringing a gun to school in the first place because Glee gets a migraine when it thinks too hard?

– Sure, Glee's had a few boy-band songs covered here and there, but what about an all-out war-of-the-greats? NKOTB vs. BSB vs. N'Sync? Maybe even with a One Direction tune thrown in, for the young'uns?

– Whatever happened to Dave Karofsky?

– I want a "Talk Dirty to Me" cover. I just do.I know it'll be horrible. But I want it.

– VH1 Behind the Music: Rachel Berry. 

Robin Thicke/Miley Cyrus VMA performance homage? Too soon? I mean, you don't want to be too late. Think of how awkward "Gangnam Style" was, after the fact (among so many other reasons).

Okay, YOUR TURN! Lay 'em on me. What do you need to see on Glee before the show takes its final bow?

• Comments (69)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • rohantandon33 Dec 02, 2013

I REALLY want an evanescence cover.

What the hell happened to Brittany? She was one of my most beloved characters and it feels like they just concocted this whole MIT thing to get rid of her mighty quick.

What's up with QUINN FABRAY? I dont want her to just show up randomly for a number, I actually want a whole episode to see what she's doing in Yale!

Whatever happened to Emma Pilsbury? She hardly shows up anymore.

What happened to Coach Bieste and the mean ol' Synchronized swimming coach.. They just dropped theyir stories without any explanation!

I want to also see what's happening with Shelby and Quinn's baby Beth.

And also David Karofsky! Last i heard he attempted suicide... what then?!?

The writers need to seriously start addressing these holes!!!

• CodyGoss Nov 17, 2013

1. Although I'm sure copyright issues abound, I've been craving an episode featuring Disney songs since Glee began!
    2. Phantom of the Opera--either on Broadway or at McKinley or BOTH
    3. The return of the Warblers and/or Vocal Adrenaline
    4. Appearances from many of the past guest stars again (i.e. Kristen Chenoweth, Idina Menzel, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc.)
    5. QUINN FABRAY
    6. Songs? "Killing Me Softly" by The Fugees, "Benny and the Jets" by Elton John, and "Kiss on My List" by Hall & Oates

• SarahGovaert Nov 14, 2013

I fully support a Bette Middler episode if they include 'I put a spell on you'.

• amylgreenwald Nov 10, 2013

I think they should do something NKOTB related. A while back they did a cover of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. So why not give it a go?

• kou_shun_u Nov 09, 2013

if they do do Bette Middler i want "otto titsling" too.
    did they do david bowie at all? cause if they hadn't they are missing out on a legend.

– Marley's mom unionizes the lunch ladies in a glorious "Lunchlady Land" meets Newsies crossover.
    that would be the best thing ever. alas glee might f--- it up sp bad it, it might just make me cry.

the only puppets i recognize are becky and artie.

At this point I dont know if I want them to cover anything that I do like. I have always loved Journey but it feels so tainted now.
    Do I want to see an opera? gillbert and sullivan? a shout out to all tv shows that had musical numbers (which song would I pick from buffy? )?

• La-Lady Nov 08, 2013

Wemma need to get married!!!

• RolandHamburg Nov 07, 2013

I seriously don't know why but I want Kurt and Blaine to break off their relationship... Blaine cheat again, and Kurt to do sooooo much better than Blaine.

• npijlman Nov 06, 2013

The Warblers doing JT, that's all potential there's left for this show and that's all I want to see.

• ginadecai Nov 06, 2013

An Andrew Lloyd Webber episode would be great!

• sliphawk Nov 06, 2013

Kurt finding success in whichever career path he chooses, Kurt and Blaine getting married, and some Disney songs.

• See More Comments (22)